ArcEmu: [Release] Client WoW Launcher - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Client WoW Launcher Customizable, Blizzlike, written in C#

#41 User is offline   KronKa 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Sweet, thanks again Gachl.
-----------------KronKa---
KronKa@live.com

#42 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Interests:PHP and stuff

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

I'm developing on a version based on HalestormXVs ideas. This version will come out in a few days.
Screenshot:
Posted Image
Readme:
CODE-BOX
World of Warcraft Net Launcher
=========================================================

Author: Daniel "Gachl" Vogel, Basel // Switzerland
Date: 10.06.2008
Time: 09:36

TOC
1. Hello
2. What
3. How
4. Why
5. Usage
6. Build
7. Well then...

1. Hello
Hi everyone! First, sorry about my very bad english, I am
a 17y.o. student from switzerland (!! not sweden !!) and
I don't speak english as good as german. Well, as I
released the World of Warcraft Client Launcher V1.0 on
http://arcemu.com/forums HalestormXV asked if it would be
possible to make this launcher have to versions, an admin
version where you can set everything up and an user
version where just click the play button. The way the
launcher would configure itself is via a weblink. I said
yes, that would be possible, so here it is.

2. What
Well, this is a program used to start a World of Warcraft
client and make it connect to a ArcEmu powered private
server. This program modifies the realmlist.wtf in the
World of Warcraft directory (where the server ip / domain
is stored) to the right server address, so that the user
has not to follow one of those "Getting connected"
manuals he does not understand (like what the hack is the
notepad etc...). The first version of this program used
a plain text .cfg file where all needed values were
stored in. I don't know what HalestormXV didn't liked,
it could be the Options button where the user could
change all values or the additional file, so the user
has to download two files (noooes plz not!!), well, some-
thing just was not good I think. And then there were also
that own patches thing HalestormXV asked for, so the
launcher downloads automatically some files from a server
just like the real launcher does to create own patches.
Okay, that sounds really nice, and I wanted to implement
that feature, but there is a really big security hole:
Imagine some "guy" (e.g. YOU) put a trojan, like sub7,
turkojan or something like that, or a virus, or an ftp
server or something else in the patches folder and re-
name it to "WoW.exe" and the user downloads it and starts
the game... That is NOT GOOD. Well... I thought it should
not be possible, but now I implemented it and put some
security stuff around, that the user must be really
really stupid if he's falling for that security hole.

3. How
Very simple. The servers administrator adjusts the values
in the file Base.cs that they are corresponding to his
http enabled webserver. Then he builds it and gives the
.exe to all the users of his server. The .exe will then
try to connect to the server and gets the configuration
file (a .xml) from the server. If the user presses the
Play button the program opens the realmlist.wtf, puts
the right server address in and starts the game.
For more technical details read the sourcecode.

4. Why
Why do I make that program? Well, because programming
makes fun and I love to make the usage with private
servers more easy that noone is using stupid blizzard wow
anymore (lol, that will never happen). And, yes, I do
have too much spare time (what is actually a pretty good
flash animating group -> http://www.albinobla...com/flash/tmst/
).

5. Usage
Edit, build, zip, upload, put that text on your servers
homepage:
To use this launcher unzip it and put the .exe somewhere
you like. Make a shortcut on your desktop, start menu,
taskbar, where ever and start it. There you go!
System requirements: Windows with .NET 3.5, World of
Warcraft, internet connection.

6. Build
To develop this program I used the Microsoft Visual
Studio 2005 Professional Edition. You can open the
solution file with every compatible program. To build the
client binary set the WNLClient project as start project,
to build the server binary set the WNLServer project as
start project. Before you build the client make sure the
values in the Base.cs file are all valid okay and good.

7. Well then...
Have a nice day, have fun with that program and keep your
private server up.

Best regards,
Daniel "Gachl" Vogel, Basel
http://arcemu.org/fo...hp?showuser=428

Included will be the sourcecode (no binary because you have to change some values in the source) and a launcher site building kit, so you can build your own good looking launcher site (php supported).

Wish me luck :D
Sorry for my bad english.
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Swiss quality and neutrality.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#43 User is offline   alleycat 

• Helps so much & is so mature & gay
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

SWEET! I love it mate :-D
I can haz cookie?

#44 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:26 AM

Looking foward to it :) Rememeber to include a readme on how to set up :D lol but glad to see you took my idea into account. :D Wow thats alot of smilies for a small statement.
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   sve3n 

• Pip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

nice work , thanks for release:P

#46 User is offline   foxconn 

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:35 AM

thanks..good job, but how can i remove option bar for client they cant change the setting..

#47 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:28 AM

View Postfoxconn, on Oct 8 2008, 07:35 AM, said:

thanks..good job, but how can i remove option bar for client they cant change the setting..

They can always change the settings by etiting the configuration file, if you don't want this button download the sourcecode, make it invisible and rebuild it.
I really don't know why everyone is upset about that button - I mean, if the user changes something on his own then HE is guitly (amazing english skillz <.<)... well, next version the options button is not there anymore and the user can't edit anything :(
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#48 User is offline   foxconn 

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:53 AM

ok, me nob and dunno how to edit the launcher icon to my own icon..any suggestions? :(

#49 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

View Postfoxconn, on Oct 8 2008, 10:53 AM, said:

ok, me nob and dunno how to edit the launcher icon to my own icon..any suggestions? :P

Download Visual Studio C# Express 2005, download sourcecode, open project, open Launcher.cs, klick on titlebar of the launcher window, in properties window scroll to icon, select your icon, switch build to "Release", build it, done.
ATTENTION:

#50 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:55 AM

Just out of interest.

Could we perhaps compile this so someone who has just freshly installed windows XP home edition would be able to straight up run this without downloading a .net?
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

View Postfast_elf, on Oct 8 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

Just out of interest.

Could we perhaps compile this so someone who has just freshly installed windows XP home edition would be able to straight up run this without downloading a .net?

..what the..? of course not, it's written in C#
ATTENTION:

#52 User is offline   foxconn 

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

i tired and dunno how to edit the icn, anyone can make me one who already done edit the icon launcher? ;)

#53 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

Well..

What is we wrote it in vb.net would it then?

& i recon there must be a way, think about it.. there's so many programs that run on PC's and it doesn't matter what version of .net you have..
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:10 AM

View Postfast_elf, on Oct 9 2008, 07:21 AM, said:

& i recon there must be a way, think about it.. there's so many programs that run on PC's and it doesn't matter what version of .net you have..

... omg
I've written this program in C#. I hope you all know, that C# is using the .NET framework. Did you _EVER_ wrote a program in C#? No? Well, you should create a new project, select "WindowFormApplication", build it an then run it on a pc with no .NET on it! Is is working? NO! You'll get an EXCEPTION! You CAN NOT run a program that requires a specific library without having that library INSTALLED. __EXCEPT__ you integrate the library in the programs executable BUT that would make the exe about 100mb large, I really don't think thats what you need.
Maybe you download the source, open any .cs file and look at the first lines:
using System;

this is where .NET is required, because the System Namespace is a damned .NET namespace and without that you can't do anything useful.

View Postfast_elf, on Oct 9 2008, 07:21 AM, said:

there's so many programs that run on PC's and it doesn't matter what version of .net you have..

ORLY? Maybe they are written in C++, Delphi, C, Pascal or ANY language that does NOT require the .NET framework because they're not USING it.
You CAN use a .NET2 program with .NET3.5, but in most of the cases you CAN NOT use .NET3.5 programs with .NET2. I don't know what .NET is installed on a brand new windows xp, but if you find it out you can set the framework version for the build in the project settings. I don't know if it's working, because I don't know if I've used .NET3.5 components or not, so MAYBE you can make it run on a new win xp (with lots of luck) but you CAN NOT run ANY .NET program WITHOUT having .NET installed!
Thank you.
ATTENTION:

#55 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:36 AM

New version. Check out first post.
ATTENTION:

#56 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Is this new version the one you were speaking about Gachl the one configured form the web? Or are you making that one in a new topic?

EDIT: After reading the first post i see it is the new version. However I imagine we can get the tool from the same palce we got Visual Studio C++?
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostHalestormXV, on Oct 10 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

After reading the first post i see it is the new version. However I imagine we can get the tool from the same palce we got Visual Studio C++?

what tool? visual studio C#? yes, its free available at microsoft.com
ATTENTION:

#58 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Was just about to edit my post but saw you responded but yeah i downloaded it waiting for install and Gachl I gotta say. <3 your work and you are one talented person so keep it up :)
Posted Image

#59 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

View PostHalestormXV, on Oct 10 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

Was just about to edit my post but saw you responded but yeah i downloaded it waiting for install and Gachl I gotta say. <3 your work and you are one talented person so keep it up :unsure:

thank you :)
ATTENTION:

#60 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hmm cant see to build the solution. Seems to be asking for cutsat.dll I easily can open the Base.cs file with C# but cant seem to open anything else. Unless I am stupid and dont know the simplest thing to do which might be the case because I have never ever in my life even seen C#. Any advise or enlightenment.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users