ArcEmu: [Release] Client WoW Launcher - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Client WoW Launcher Customizable, Blizzlike, written in C#

#1 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:PHP and stuff

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:37 AM

This program is over 4 years old and not supported anymore. Don't use it. Thanks, ~Gachl

Hi!

A new version has been released. Features:
  • Show a launcher website
  • Blizzlike layout
  • Edit realmlist.wtf automatically
  • Can show a message box after clicking on the Play button (if the admin wants that)
  • No clientside configuration file needed
  • Show a small orange text like on blizzard launcher (patch news)
  • Configure all parameters with one serverside configuration file
  • Support button redirects to the server website
  • Included: Launcher website kit to build your own good looking launcher website

Not YET integrated:
  • Own patch downloader

Screenshot
Posted Image
Don't worry, the title is configurable. And that stupid "News" tooltip too.

Warning: This release has not fully been tested. But it should work anyway :)
README is included (WoWNetLauncher\WNLClient\README.txt).
This is O N L Y the source. You have to compile it on your own because you have to set two variables in che WNLClient.
And NO, I'll not convert it into VB.

Download
V1.2

Old version:
<div class='codetop'>CODE-BOX</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;overflow:auto'>Hi!

I wrote a small launcher for World of Warcraft clients that looks a little bit like the Blizzard launcher. It adjusts the realmlist.wtf automatically, so the user must never follow guides like "Open you realmlist.wtf with a texteditor" (lots of users do not know what the hack a texteditor is), they just have to start the launcher and press Play.
The top area of the launcher is a website. You can set the URL and do what ever you want. Scrollbars can be enabled. In the bottom of the launcher are three buttons: Options, where you can config the launcher, Support, where the user is redirected to your server support page (if you have one) and Play, to start the game. Above the buttons Options and Support is space for a small (max. 3 lines) text, like that one in blizzards launcher that appears if new patches are available. To use it just create a text file somewhere on your server and enter the URL in the options of the launcher, the text will be fetched from that URL.

Here is a screenshot. Every area with a red border is customizable (the borders are only on the image)
Posted Image

It looks a little bit boring but if you make your own launcher site with images and stuff it will look awesome!

The whole program is written in C# .NET, so the user must have installed the .NET Framework.

Installation guide
Server admin
Download the binary unzip it somewhere and start it. The program will show you an error that the launcher could not be initialized. Just click ignore. The program will start now and you'll see "No URL has been configured.". Click Options and fill out the values.
URL is the URL to the launcher site.
Owner is the servers name (like Überleet Servers)
Realm it the ip or the URL to the logonserver (set realmlist [whatever])
RealmInfo is the URL to the textfile on your server where the text for the three small lines above the Option and Support button is in.
Support is the URL to the servers support website. (It will be opened in the systems default browser)
Scrolling sets if the scrollbars are displayed or not. (Default: no)
Press Save and restart the launcher. If it doesn't works edit your configuration.
If you get an exception that something is wrong with the URI's then make sure every uri (URL, RealmInfo and Support) have a leading http:// (hint: type the uri in your browser, open the site and copy-paste the uri to the config). If you leave the field RealmInfo empty then you have to open the cfg with a texteditor and remove the line "RealmInfo="!
The users of your server must download the PLauncher.exe AND the launcher.cfg created by the launcher (in the same folder as the PLauncher), so you have to zip these two files and upload them and do whatever it needs. Post on your website the users installation guide.

Users
Download the launcher and unzip it to your World of Warcraft folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft). The PLauncher.exe and the launcher.cfg must be in the same folder as the WoW.exe. Make a shortcut to the PLauncher.exe somewhere (e.g. on your Desktop). Start the PLauncher and press Play. Enjoy.

Download
V1.0
</div>

If you modify the program please keep the credits! If you have questions, problems or feedback just post it here!

Regards, Gachl

This post has been edited by Gachl: 10 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Sorry for my bad english.
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Swiss quality and neutrality.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#2 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hmm I have a question. Is it possible we can put a custom patch in a specific URL directory and every time we add something to that directory and the players start there launcher they will download a custom patch?
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Mukele 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

well thats nice but is it possible to but that change sets directly into the sourcecode so the optinon buttom is not neccesary?

thx thx

#4 User is offline   jokerofsouls 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

do you have a news background for the url?

#5 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:59 AM

View PostHalestormXV, on Sep 12 2008, 06:07 PM, said:

Hmm I have a question. Is it possible we can put a custom patch in a specific URL directory and every time we add something to that directory and the players start there launcher they will download a custom patch?

sure it is possible and i wanted to add that feature but i didn't because it is a waaay too big security hole (remember, EVERYONE could download and launch programs at your pc ...), i don't think that is such a good idea ^^

View Postjokerofsouls, on Sep 13 2008, 02:41 AM, said:

do you have a news background for the url?

..what?
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#6 User is offline   jokerofsouls 

• Pip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

http://space.get42.d...downloads-1.png
see the background in the launcher thats what im talking about

#7 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

View Postjokerofsouls, on Sep 13 2008, 07:23 PM, said:

http://space.get42.d...downloads-1.png
see the background in the launcher thats what im talking about

View PostGachl, on Sep 5 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

It looks a little bit boring but if you make your own launcher site with images and stuff it will look awesome!

create it, screenshot it, google it whatever .. I don't have any images for a launcher site
ATTENTION:

#8 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

Man, I love this :D Thanks Gachl!
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   NabalXela 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

Nice work I will try this tomorrow.

Old signature but I'm currently to lazy to make a new one :/

#10 User is offline   katar 

• Pip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

Looks nice, Just one question/problem.

After making the config file, and restarting it, I'm getting an Unhandled exception error message, saying "invalid URI: the format of the uri could not be determined" I do have .net installed, as I just had to update to .net 3.5 sp1 for another program.

Any ideas? Could it be because I had to install the 3.5 sp1? I've even tried compiling straight from the source and still get that error.

#11 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

View PostBlackboy0, on Sep 14 2008, 04:57 AM, said:

Man, I love this :angry: Thanks Gachl!

wow .. thank you ^^

View PostNabalXela, on Sep 14 2008, 05:13 AM, said:

Nice work I will try this tomorrow.

thanks!

View Postkatar, on Sep 14 2008, 06:28 AM, said:

Looks nice, Just one question/problem.

After making the config file, and restarting it, I'm getting an Unhandled exception error message, saying "invalid URI: the format of the uri could not be determined" I do have .net installed, as I just had to update to .net 3.5 sp1 for another program.

Any ideas? Could it be because I had to install the 3.5 sp1? I've even tried compiling straight from the source and still get that error.

Please check if all urls you used have a leading http:// (e.g. http://yourdomain.com/launcher.html)
Also be sure (i'll add that to the administrator manual) that if your serverinfo url is empty (because you dont use it) open the cfg in a texteditor and remove the line "RealmInfo="
URL fields are URL, RealmInfo and Support (all of them must have a leading http:// !)
ATTENTION:

#12 User is offline   katar 

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Works perfectly now, thanks

#13 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

View Postkatar, on Sep 14 2008, 04:56 PM, said:

Works perfectly now, thanks

You are welcome ^_^
ATTENTION:

#14 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

RealmInfo should not be used...?
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

View PostBlackboy0, on Sep 14 2008, 06:54 PM, said:

RealmInfo should not be used...?

should not but can be. just leave the field empty and delete the line "RealmInfo=" in the cfg (read server admin guide, first post)
RealmInfo must be a url to a text file if you want to put some special text in the launcher (such as important announcements etc)
ATTENTION:

#16 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

Alright :) I'm just gonna leave blank. Much easier xD
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

Gachl, You are my hero.

EDIT:

Is there a way we can view the design layout in visual basic? cause i wanna add a few buttons.. i don't see anywhere to design it further..
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

View Postfast_elf, on Sep 22 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

Gachl, You are my hero.

Thank you - I never thought that noone ever made such a launcher ...

View Postfast_elf, on Sep 22 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

Is there a way we can view the design layout in visual basic? cause i wanna add a few buttons.. i don't see anywhere to design it further..

Umm.. no I don't have that stuff as VB but I think (but I am really not sure) there are some converters out there in teh internetz (ask google) - or else give me a list of things you'd like to have, I'll try to add them and give you source + binary.
ATTENTION:

#19 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Well.. I kinda need this to be in VB cause there's a tonn of stuff i'm gonna add.. i tried a converter tool but its kinda.. screwed lol

could you convert it over and give it to me? (without any errors)
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

View Postfast_elf, on Sep 23 2008, 02:02 AM, said:

could you convert it over and give it to me? (without any errors)

ok, I'll try to convert that to vb by myself but I am not very good in vb so it will take a little bit. I'll post it here if it's done.
ATTENTION:

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users