ArcEmu: New To Arcemu - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New To Arcemu Newbie Questions

#1 User is offline   funbunny 

• Group: Members
  • IRC:none
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

I just downloaded and set up the Arcemu-f3d9605-May-25-2013-win32-relwithdebug.zip ( latest version ) install.

It works, mostly. There are some bugs like Call of Elements for shamans doesn't drop the 4 totems like it should. I logged on to eternal-wow to see if they had the same issues but they did not. Are they running an updated version of ArcEMU? All of the links to any arcemu i can find are all pretty old. I'm wondering if you can point me in the direction of a newer version?

Or is May 25th 2013 really the latest and eternal-wow just hacked the c++ files to make it work?

Thanks, and good work.

#2 User is offline   WAmadeus 

• Cunning Code Composer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Developers

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Repack?

#3 User is offline   Artox 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostWAmadeus, on 31 January 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Repack?

I think its one of the precompiled binaries dfighter created. So probably not a repack.

As to your question funbunny, I dont know whta eternalwow uses, but many private servers are running their own patches that they did not(yet?) send back to the original project(e.g. arcemu). If they dont have a bug, we might still have it. But then, the version you are using i not the latest. In fact you can always get the latest code at http://github.com/arcemu/arcemu and compile it yourself. If you do, ofc nobody will ask the obvious "repack question", and you ofc get the chance to try and fix bugs yourself.
Sadly arcemu is inactive currently. If you do fixes, thats appreciated though, really! (but you never know if your patches will be applied to arcemu)
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

View Postfunbunny, on 31 January 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

I just downloaded and set up the Arcemu-f3d9605-May-25-2013-win32-relwithdebug.zip ( latest version ) install.

It works, mostly. There are some bugs like Call of Elements for shamans doesn't drop the 4 totems like it should. I logged on to eternal-wow to see if they had the same issues but they did not. Are they running an updated version of ArcEMU? All of the links to any arcemu i can find are all pretty old. I'm wondering if you can point me in the direction of a newer version?

Or is May 25th 2013 really the latest and eternal-wow just hacked the c++ files to make it work?

Thanks, and good work.

They may not even be using Arcemu at all.
Arcemu is not the only wow server software package.
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#5 User is offline   funbunny 

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the responses. I just downloaded the binary ( repack ? ) from the arcemu homepage as it said it's the latest one and arcemu didn't seem very active on its github site, so I thought it might be the very last release. I just wanted to check with those in the know before I delete the server and rebuild myself with git.

Eternal-Wow uses arcemu for their 3.3.5a from what I read, although I am sure they wrote plenty of their own code. I'd love to spend the time to help this project along, but everyone is so poor these days where do you get the needed time to spend on a hard hobby :(

I guess I'll just recompile and see what happens though. It's possible the shaman totem fix was applied and never pre-compiled for distribution.

Anyway to the developers, great job. I know how hard it is to work on projects like this.

#6 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

View Postfunbunny, on 31 January 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Thanks for the responses. I just downloaded the binary ( repack ? ) from the arcemu homepage as it said it's the latest one and arcemu didn't seem very active on its github site, so I thought it might be the very last release. I just wanted to check with those in the know before I delete the server and rebuild myself with git.

Eternal-Wow uses arcemu for their 3.3.5a from what I read, although I am sure they wrote plenty of their own code. I'd love to spend the time to help this project along, but everyone is so poor these days where do you get the needed time to spend on a hard hobby :(

I guess I'll just recompile and see what happens though. It's possible the shaman totem fix was applied and never pre-compiled for distribution.

Anyway to the developers, great job. I know how hard it is to work on projects like this.

A repack isn't the same as a simply binary distribution. A repack usually has a web and a database server too.

It's really unlikely that they would use Arcemu. Maybe at some point in the past they forked it, and they have been developing it on their own since then, I don't know.

As for everyone being so poor, not everyone:
http://www.theguardi...lf-of-the-world
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#7 User is offline   funbunny 

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

*fixt* I'm so poor.

I just finished compiling from git, I just copy and pasted the newly created server files and dll's to my original install directory because I didn't think I would need to recreate the vmap files, configs, or database again. Is that right?

I started my server and it works as it did before. Still the shaman can not use Call of the Elements, Spirits, Ancestors (totems that drop 4 totems at a time).

Do I need to go through every step to update to the latest version? Or would it be enough to compile the git version and copy the newly created files to my current arcemu directory? Maybe the shaman thing is just an unresolved issue.

Thanks.

- I've decided to go through the whole process just to be sure. :P

-- Completed, still no joy though. Poor shammy will have to drop one totem at a time haha. It looks like the latest version on the site was accurate.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users