ArcEmu: Arcemu Dead? - ArcEmu

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arcemu Dead?

#1 User is offline   Altogoten 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 11-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hello i see there are no updates anymore on git for the last 4 months did u guys stop dev or did u have a new github page I wanna know what's up with ArcEmu I loved the software and stuff wil be a sad day if u guys stop making it

Also maby a update on futher plans about updating to newer wow version or something
Greets Altogoten
0

#2 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

http://arcemu.org/fo...ndpost&p=122661
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
0

#3 User is offline   Zuel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 11-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Fine. D:

@dfighter, Going great? ;p
0

#4 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostZuel, on 21 November 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

*REMOVED.*

@dfighter, Going great? ;p

Huh?
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
0

#5 User is offline   Magnifikator 

  • Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 398
  • Joined: 05-October 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

It's dead and still I have tons of ideas in my head.

Damned :(
Try out the LoE ArcEmu World database. Please visit dev.LandOfElves.net.

Posted Image


0

#6 User is offline   Zuel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 11-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

@dfighter... Just asking about how you doing on your stuff. The picture that you posted on that issue for XML configs.

@Magnifikator, seems so, until people actually comes to revive it. ArcEmu itself can't continue without proper knowledged developers, dfighter is one of them but he is having some stuff he wants to get done first (Personal life comes first) and I have no clue what happen to the other developers that use to contribute and spend their time for ArcEmu.

I believe that ArcEmu needs a complete change on the Spells system, it looks like a mess to me. I would do it but I still consider myself as a beginner in C++, but I am spending time reading and learning more about C++.

Also magnifikator, I would like to hear your ideas, if you want to tell me. :)
0

#7 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostZuel, on 22 November 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

@dfighter... Just asking about how you doing on your stuff. The picture that you posted on that issue for XML configs.

@Magnifikator, seems so, until people actually comes to revive it. ArcEmu itself can't continue without proper knowledged developers, dfighter is one of them but he is having some stuff he wants to get done first (Personal life comes first) and I have no clue what happen to the other developers that use to contribute and spend their time for ArcEmu.

I believe that ArcEmu needs a complete change on the Spells system, it looks like a mess to me. I would do it but I still consider myself as a beginner in C++, but I am spending time reading and learning more about C++.

Also magnifikator, I would like to hear your ideas, if you want to tell me. :)

Oh you mean these?
Posted Image

Posted Image

It's going great, I love ray tracing.
It's quite elegant and rewarding way of generating 3D imagery, even tho it's quite slow.
It started out as homework for Edx CS184.1X
https://www.edx.org/...oundations-1003
http://inst.eecs.ber...nelectures.html
( Mind you the OpenGL part was fairly simple for me, altough I did get to learn some new things, since I've already had experience with OpenGL, in fact I worked with OpenGL during this year's Google Summer of Code program )
However I plan on extending it and turning it into a fairly usable Qt based ray tracer application, that can show the result right away instead of just writing them to an image.

As for the spell system and the other developers, you have no idea what and how much work is needed. You managed to fork Arcemu, and changed some whitespaces, that's great, I'm happy for you!
However just because of that, you don't even begin to comprehend the issues and possible issues there are with our current systems.
Also it's really nothing to do with C++, it's just programming. Algorithms...
Learning about C++ won't get you far, it won't make you a software engineer, and it will also not make you aware of how the client handles spells, what it expects from the server, etc. Just like learning English doesn't make you a writer or a poet...

The same thing happened to the other developers that happened to me: LIFE.
You have to remember that Arcemu is a project that we contribute to in our free time, as it is simply a hobby.
Our work on Arcemu isn't and never has been compensated for.
Therefore we work for money first, so that we can spend it on ourselves and our loved ones, then if and when we have free time we might consider contributing to Arcemu...
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
3

#8 User is offline   Chuki 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 12-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Darwin/OS X

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

@dfighter. Brilliant response. Then be studied algorithms and more than c++. :D
0

#9 User is offline   Zuel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 11-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thats excellant, hope you successfully achieve the Qt based ray tracer application. Sounds interesting. :D

Truely the best response to my question about ArcEmu, nothing for me to really say about that except its actually true.

I myself understand what your talking about LIFE from the other developers. Your life (aka personal life), family life and others, is more important than contributing to an emulator on the internet. I have also been through stuff like tragic events for example on November 08, 2013, I had a seizure which I also fell and hit my head really hard on the hard floor (The floors in most colleges are not fluffy) so I took break from computers while I was at the hospital and 2 days while I was home before I decided to continue.
0

#10 User is offline   Chuki 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 12-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Darwin/OS X

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

@zuel very unfortunate :( I hope you're right to schedule. :lol:
0

#11 User is offline   Zuel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 11-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostChuki, on 25 November 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

@zuel very unfortunate :( I hope you're right to schedule. :lol:


Thanks :) and most likely it won't happen again. I have everything situated except the only thing thats really annoying is the flamers.

I'm getting mocked and flamed at because apparently I don't know how to use github and I can't script anything and apparently I "stole" ArcEmu, from their prespective.
0

#12 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostZuel, on 23 November 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Thats excellant, hope you successfully achieve the Qt based ray tracer application. Sounds interesting. :D

Truely the best response to my question about ArcEmu, nothing for me to really say about that except its actually true.

I myself understand what your talking about LIFE from the other developers. Your life (aka personal life), family life and others, is more important than contributing to an emulator on the internet. I have also been through stuff like tragic events for example on November 08, 2013, I had a seizure which I also fell and hit my head really hard on the hard floor (The floors in most colleges are not fluffy) so I took break from computers while I was at the hospital and 2 days while I was home before I decided to continue.

Well I hope you get better.
As for the ray tracer, yes it is interesting. You can create the most visually appealing imagery with ray tracing.
The offline renderers in the 3d modeler and animator software like Blender, 3ds max, Maya, etc all work with ray tracing ( they are a lot more complex than mine ofc ).
Currently I aim more for something like Pov-ray ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POV-Ray ), but in the long term I might create a 3d modeler too ( obviously not something professional like the aformentioned software packages ).


View PostZuel, on 25 November 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thanks :) and most likely it won't happen again. I have everything situated except the only thing thats really annoying is the flamers.

I'm getting mocked and flamed at because apparently I don't know how to use github and I can't script anything and apparently I "stole" ArcEmu, from their prespective.

Why don't you disprove them by your work?
You really shouldn't care what they say...
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
0

#13 User is offline   Zuel 

  • Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 11-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postdfighter, on 25 November 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well I hope you get better.
As for the ray tracer, yes it is interesting. You can create the most visually appealing imagery with ray tracing.
The offline renderers in the 3d modeler and animator software like Blender, 3ds max, Maya, etc all work with ray tracing ( they are a lot more complex than mine ofc ).
Currently I aim more for something like Pov-ray ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POV-Ray ), but in the long term I might create a 3d modeler too ( obviously not something professional like the aformentioned software packages ).


Thanks and also, :o I wish you best of luck! :P

View Postdfighter, on 25 November 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Why don't you disprove them by your work?
You really shouldn't care what they say...


I already tried to disprove them by a script I made for Forge of Souls, yet they disagreed. Its really annoying and foolish after 8 months now.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users