ArcEmu: World Events - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Events

#1 User is offline   Satanail 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

A while ago i started working on the world events for 3.3.5a arcemu, because the event files, provided in the core repo are out of date. This is still a work in progress, but if you like it, you can use it. The events are tested with Whydb rev 158. This is my repo: https://github.com/DarkAngel39/Events I used TDB and UDB wow database projects in order to get the required data. Some of them are incomplete however. If anyone knows any mangos database, where all events are spawned, please let me know.

#2 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Sounds good!
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#3 User is offline   YuckFou 

• Pip

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Me Like It. Me Gusta.

#4 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yea all we need to a auto not a manual ;)

Nice job!

#5 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Good work :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Magnifikator 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

It's a great job and we use it also in our database.

I only want to point once more to my proposal:
arcemu.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26520

It's perfect for events. Regular blizz events and also every kind of custom events.

And it is expandable later for full automation if somebody wants to code that.

I just found today a small problem:
There are NPCs like this:
http://de.wowhead.com/npc=19169

They are used for several events and they change their text in npc_text for the different events.

This you can't handle just by spawning/despawning the npc.

3 different possible solutions:

1. give him a general neutral text (not nice)
2. add the different text in every SQL file and overwrite it. (not possible if you use the proposed event system in my post)
3. Copy this NPC, one for every event and that add the right texts. Now you also can use the timed event system.
Try out the LoE ArcEmu World database. Please visit dev.LandOfElves.net.

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Satanail 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yes, the commoners do change their texts for different events in retail, but i can't get all the required data for this. At the moment i work with 3 databases: TDB (Trinity), UDB (Mangos), YTDB (Mangos). But there, the commoners seem to have just one gossip menu that does not have any conditions assigned to it and therefore does not change the displayed text id. So i can't find the correct text id's for the different events. Don't have any access to retail, so i can't check for myself what is the text of the commoners during the different events so if anyone knows, let me know. If i know the correct text i can find it's id in the database and add a correction to the patch files that spawn/despawn the events. Btw there are still some small events to be added. Like the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, the brew vendors and some smaller things like that. I will do that when i have more time.

#8 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostSatanail, on 03 November 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yes, the commoners do change their texts for different events in retail, but i can't get all the required data for this. At the moment i work with 3 databases: TDB (Trinity), UDB (Mangos), YTDB (Mangos). But there, the commoners seem to have just one gossip menu that does not have any conditions assigned to it and therefore does not change the displayed text id. So i can't find the correct text id's for the different events. Don't have any access to retail, so i can't check for myself what is the text of the commoners during the different events so if anyone knows, let me know. If i know the correct text i can find it's id in the database and add a correction to the patch files that spawn/despawn the events. Btw there are still some small events to be added. Like the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, the brew vendors and some smaller things like that. I will do that when i have more time.

Well you can also try to get the correct gossip from wowhead and similar sites.
The conditional thing could be solved many ways on Arcemu's side.
Feel free to open a ticket about this.
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#9 User is offline   Satanail 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

I searched wowhead, wowpedia, openwow and lots of different sites i can't even remember. There is nothing of use about the gossips texts. The condition thing is not really an issue. What i was saying was that here is no any kind of a smart script or condition in the databases i use, that changes the gossip menu text id for the events. So the thing is not working right in trinity and in mangos as well. In arcemu it can be easily solved just by deleting any gossip texts related to the npc and reinserting new ones. This can easily be done in the sql's of the events without any scripts and core modifications. These things will be needed only if in future arcemu gets an automatic event system implemented, but now this is not really a problem.

#10 User is offline   Magnifikator 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View Postdfighter, on 04 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Well you can also try to get the correct gossip from wowhead and similar sites.
The conditional thing could be solved many ways on Arcemu's side.
Feel free to open a ticket about this.

Ha ha ha. :D

The conditional thing is really not the problem. It can be solved in the database. I wrote some possible ways in this topic:
2. add the different text in every SQL file and overwrite it. (not possible if you use the proposed event system in my post)
3. Copy this NPC, one for every event and that add the right texts. Now you also can use the timed event system.

A real problem is that we have to spawn and despawn records for calendar events.
Why it is a problem:
1. It is a lot of work to create such SQL files and manage all the spawn id ranges.
2. Ii is work to apply it all the time to the database
3. It is dangerous, because there is a possibility that you use the same range of spawn ids at the same time (f.ex. you have you own custom events and the blizz events at the same time) . May you delete stuff you need.

I write it once more:
I showed in another post a simple solution.
Part of that could be done today .... now ... in 5 minutes:

For the database we need a new table that holds the time/date data for the events and a additional field that points in the spawn tables to the event id.
That's all for the database.

In the core are several possible ways:
The simplest one is to restart the core and only load what you need (looking at the timetable). This can be done in 1 (one) SQL query.
An other way Aaron told me yesterday. You load all NPC but in different phases. The core set the correct phase at the time when the NPC/GO is needed. Sounds strange but could work maybe.

Do you need a ticket for changing the database ? :D
arcemu.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26520

@Satanail
I didn't wanted to say that you have to run and looking for the right texts. ;) I just wanted to say that this NPC is special because he is using different texts. Normal NPC in the db uses only 1 text.

I also was looking on different sites for text, also for me the German translation. But nothing.
And of course f.ex. wowhead is not possible to show different texts, because that's not the normal way of a NPC. They have the same problem I think. It's an exceptional npc.

If we will not find the original texts, we have to create our own ones. At least I make it like that. Also for the German translation. Sometimes I also change quest texts a little bit so that they fit better to the possibilities of the ArcEmu core :D
Try out the LoE ArcEmu World database. Please visit dev.LandOfElves.net.

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostSatanail, on 03 November 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Like the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, the brew vendors and some smaller things like that. I will do that when i have more time.

I think also there is an event called Battle for Undercity or something :S
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Satanail 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostLoken, on 04 November 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think also there is an event called Battle for Undercity or something :S

I believe this event was removed before patch 3.3.5. Prior to that it was part of a quest chain that ended with http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13267. Anyway, if i can find data regarding this event, i will redo it for arcemu and commit it. But this was not a calendar event, it was just a battle used to complete a quest.

#13 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostSatanail, on 05 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

I believe this event was removed before patch 3.3.5. Prior to that it was part of a quest chain that ended with http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13267. Anyway, if i can find data regarding this event, i will redo it for arcemu and commit it. But this was not a calendar event, it was just a battle used to complete a quest.

We could look on wowpedia (WoW Wiki) about this event.

#14 User is offline   Dzjhenghiz 

• حشّاشين
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Jew Tjoebe of event (horde)
Need Help With Arcemu ? ^^
Posted Image
Concordia res parvae crescunt In varietate concordia
Spoiler

Share this topic: