ArcEmu: Pull Last 3.3.5a Revision? - ArcEmu

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pull Last 3.3.5a Revision?

#1 User is offline   octayn 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-July 08

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

I know this is possible ive done it before but i cant do it now for the life of me, how can i clone the last revision before arcemu started supporting versions higher than 3.3.5a?

On linux i may add, if it wasnt already obvious
0

#2 User is offline   Loken 

  • Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 186
  • Joined: 19-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lordaeron
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postoctayn, on 10 October 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

I know this is possible ive done it before but i cant do it now for the life of me, how can i clone the last revision before arcemu started supporting versions higher than 3.3.5a?
On linux i may add, if it wasnt already obvious

:o ArcEmu NEVER started supporting versions higher than 3.3.5a
Posted Image
Posted Image
2

#3 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostLoken, on 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

:o ArcEmu NEVER started supporting versions higher than 3.3.5a

This.
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
1

#4 User is offline   octayn 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-July 08

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

My mistake, i saw 4.0-trunk and thought it was cata rather than revision identification. Although i cant get my server to start with 3.3.5a dbc files. Says its missing some which helped lead me to beleive it was for a higher patch. Anyone know what may be causing this?
0

#5 User is offline   Loken 

  • Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 186
  • Joined: 19-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lordaeron
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postoctayn, on 10 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

My mistake, i saw 4.0-trunk and thought it was cata rather than revision identification. Although i cant get my server to start with 3.3.5a dbc files. Says its missing some which helped lead me to beleive it was for a higher patch. Anyone know what may be causing this?

You're probably using a repack...??? If this is true then you should read this

http://arcemu.org/wi...the_source_code

Also remember dbc files should be extracted from En-Us or En-Gb client.
Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   octayn 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-July 08

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I compiled the source myself, i personally dont know why people use repacks. The dbc is extracted from enUS @ 3.3.5a
0

#7 User is offline   Loken 

  • Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 186
  • Joined: 19-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lordaeron
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postoctayn, on 10 October 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

I compiled the source myself, i personally dont know why people use repacks. The dbc is extracted from enUS @ 3.3.5a

Maybe your extraction process end before get completed :) you should have 247 files
Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   octayn 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-July 08

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

I will check when i get back to the room and get back with you, thanks.

I've re-extracted all of the files, a total of 247. Still getting the same error.

[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*********************************************************************
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*                        MAJOR ERROR/WARNING                        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*                        ===================                        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* One or more of the DBC files are missing.                         *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* These are absolutely necessary for the server to function.        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* The server will not start without them.                           *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*********************************************************************


The server is located in /home/arcemu/server/
DBC is located in /home/arcemu/server/dbc

Don't know what's going on. I've even made sure they were owned by the right user, and gave them 777 privileges just to check.
0

#9 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postoctayn, on 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I will check when i get back to the room and get back with you, thanks.

I've re-extracted all of the files, a total of 247. Still getting the same error.

[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*********************************************************************
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*                        MAJOR ERROR/WARNING                        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*                        ===================                        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* One or more of the DBC files are missing.             			*
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* These are absolutely necessary for the server to function.        *
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]* The server will not start without them.               			*
[10-11-2012][12:23][Arcemu]*********************************************************************


The server is located in /home/arcemu/server/
DBC is located in /home/arcemu/server/dbc

Don't know what's going on. I've even made sure they were owned by the right user, and gave them 777 privileges just to check.


The Arcemu wiki page regarding dbc files states the following:

Quote

If you are on Linux/BSD/OS X you will have to rename the dbc folder to DBC, otherwise Arcemu will not find it.

"The demand for free goods is infinite."
0

#10 User is offline   octayn 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-July 08

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wow lol, thanks. I actually thought about that and said to myself... naa theres no freakin way.
0

#11 User is offline   dfighter 

  • Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Posts: 5,189
  • Joined: 14-June 08
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Gender:Male
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

View Postoctayn, on 11 October 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Wow lol, thanks. I actually thought about that and said to myself... naa theres no freakin way.

Well then it wouldn't be on the wiki...
In the Unix world, casing matters.
"The demand for free goods is infinite."
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users