ArcEmu: World Database - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Database

#1 User is offline   Andrea Grimandi 

• Group: Members
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Salve,

ho un dubbio sulla parte della guida dedicata alla configurazione di ArcEmu, di preciso nella sezione database "Getting a world database" situataqui.
Non mi chiaro come si fa a scaricare quel database. Ho provato con gli SVN di sotto, ma non ho capito dove devo cercare.

Grazie mille.

#2 User is offline   Magnifikator 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Whydb database is delivered by a SVN repository.

1. You have to download the Tortoise SVN Client for Windows and install it. (Link in Wiki)
2. Than you create with MS Explorer a folder of your choice and rightclick on it. In the Context Menu you open SVN Checkout and enter the SVN address of whydb.
3. Download starts. After that you can start tool.bat in this folder and this will start to copy all data into your SQL database. (I assumed that you have installed a SQL server already.)

Marforius Path of the Damned I don't know personally but he has an own description on the website.

Note: You don't need both databases.
Try out the LoE ArcEmu World database. Please visit dev.LandOfElves.net.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Andrea Grimandi 

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I didn't know that I had to write english in the italian section, so my apologize to you.

Yes, I've got MySQL installed because i use it for work. I've got doubt about the "world_database": does his configuration change depending on the wow's patch (TBC, WOTLK, CATACLYSM, ecc..)? If yes, how can i update to other patch my server?... Maybe i missed this in the ArcEmu's guide. And last one: what do you mean with: "Note: You don't need both databases"?

Thanks for your help, now I'll try it!

#4 User is offline   Magnifikator 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

Of course you don't need to write english here. But my knowledge of italian language doesn't cover more than ordering a Pizza.:P

About your questions:

Of course in general a world database is related to the core and to the wow client rev.
But if we are speaking here about ArcEmu and wiki and so on, we are always speaking about wow client rev. 3.3.5a (WotLK) That's the only one that is supported by ArcEmu.

In the wiki are descripted 2 different world databases made by different teams or persons.
One is Whydb, the other is Path of the Damned

You have to decide for one of these. I'm using f.ex. Whydb
Try out the LoE ArcEmu World database. Please visit dev.LandOfElves.net.

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Andrea Grimandi 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Ok, I got it! Now I have a perfectly working server. I've used your own database Whydb.

...so, supposing I want to make upgrade (to Cataclysm for example) or downgrade (to TBC for example) I don't have to use ArcEmu because it works only with 3.3.5a. Isn't it true or I misunderstood?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users