ArcEmu: Has An Apply Dummy Aura Effect, But No Handler For It. - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has An Apply Dummy Aura Effect, But No Handler For It.

#1 User is offline   flick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm trying to get LUA scipts working on my server, but each time a script needs to be used, an error pops up in world saying "has an apply dummy aura effect, but no handler for it." So 2 questions, what is a dummy and was is a handler?

All these scripts were in my E:\Program Files\arcemu\scripts directory

The previous topic: http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=24811

Edit: Spelling error

#2 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi there, is a "debug" message for developers. You not have to worry about that... Also this isnt Lua related.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   flick 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

So where do I go to "Develop" a fix?

I can code in C#, Java, Delphi, C++...tell me where to go and I'll fix it.

#4 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

View Postflick, on 27 February 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Good for you...

SpellHandler.cpp
Spell.cpp
Spell.h
Spell_DeathKnight.cpp
Spell_Druid.cpp
Spell_Hunter.cpp
Spell_Mage.cpp
Spell_Paladin.cpp
Spell_Priest.cpp
Spell_Rogue.cpp
Spell_Shaman.cpp
Spell_Warlock.cpp
Spell_Warrior.cpp
SpellAuras.cpp
SpellAuras.h
SpellEffects.cpp
SpellMgr.cpp
SpellMgr.h
SpellProc.cpp
SpellProc.h
SpellProc_DeathKnight.cpp
SpellProc_Druid.cpp
SpellProc_Hunter
SpellProc_Items.cpp
SpellProc_Mage.cpp
SpellProc_Paladin.cpp
SpellProc_Priest.cpp
SpellProc_Rogue.cpp
SpellProc_Shaman.cpp
SpellProc_Warlock.cpp
SpellProc_Warrior.cpp
SpellTarget.cpp
SpellTarget.h

There are more... also dont forget of take a look at the dbc files
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   flick 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

You're not exactly explaining much. So those are the handlers, and for each spell effect i need a handler that explains what the dummy effect is supposed to do?

#6 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

View Postflick, on 27 February 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

That's far from being able to develop for Arcemu. Arcemu is quite complex, but just give it a try.
Anyhow the error message tells you where the error message is generated, why don't you start there?

View Postflick, on 27 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

You're not exactly explaining much. So those are the handlers, and for each spell effect i need a handler that explains what the dummy effect is supposed to do?

A dummy effect is already a spell effect, a handler for it implements it, since it's not generic enough it's not in Arcemu but in the spellhandlers plugin.
A dummy aura is an aura that is essentially the same, the handler implements the actual functionality there too...
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#7 User is offline   flick 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ty for the information and tip. I'll play around and see if I fix it or make a complete mess :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users