ArcEmu: Last World Data Base Update - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last World Data Base Update

#1 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Wow private servers. GTA IV
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hey im trying to run my World server and all my configs etc are correct i go by the guide* yes i have them setup with my info* and my logon server mysql everything works. i keep receiveing this whenever i try and run my world server. i have no clue how to fix this. no one else has received this problem as of my knowledge, any sug's?

[21:50][Arcemu]Database: Last world database update doesn't match the required one which is 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.
[21:50][Arcemu]Database: You need to apply the world update queries that are newer than 2011-11-12_20-00_initial. Exiting.
[21:50][Arcemu]Database: You can find the world update queries in the sql/world_updates sub-directory of your Arcemu source directory

any fixes?

#2 User is offline   Shadoxfix 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

It clearly says what you have to do.
run 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.sql on your world database.
It's in your checkout folder.

#3 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostShadoxfix, on 24 February 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

It clearly says what you have to do.
run 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.sql on your world database.
It's in your checkout folder.

Well he needs to apply more than that!
However yes you are correct, it clearly states what to do :P
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#4 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

sorry im such a idiot with this kind of file. so i feel like the biggest idiot for asking this question. how do i run it. execute sql file or?? im in a big state of confusion right now xD. i see what your saying but thats where i get lost. *brand new to arcemu cores but ive played on them and i prefer to make one and learn how haha*

#5 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

sorry im such a idiot with this kind of file. so i feel like the biggest idiot for asking this question. how do i run it. execute sql file or?? im in a big state of confusion right now xD. i see what your saying but thats where i get lost. *brand new to arcemu cores but ive played on them and i prefer to make one and learn how haha*

That depends on the database frontend application you are using. Read it's manual!

#6 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

my data base is navicat, and i watched a video. and i have been running it. its known as "Execute SQL file" and every time i do it. it doesnt change the output or add anything into the DB

#7 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

my data base is navicat, and i watched a video. and i have been running it. its known as "Execute SQL file" and every time i do it. it doesnt change the output or add anything into the DB

Navicat is NOT a database, it's just a frontend. Anyhow you need to run the updates in order, otherwise it will not work. ( they are ordered by data and time )

#8 User is offline   Andragon 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

d

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

I never used navicat, I use SQLyog Community.

But you are sure that you connected well to the right database ? And most time you have to select the right database (the world db in this case) before you can execute the SQL dump file. And in my case I have two command buttons: one execute only one line and the other execute all lines
Posted Image
Join our new public ArcEmu
developer server project. Please visit our website at dev.LandOfElves.net and share the knowledge of ArcEmu servers !
Mach mit bei einem neuen öffentlichen ArcEmu Server für Entwickler. Besuche dev.LandOfElves.net und tausche Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern aus.

#9 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

View Postdfighter, on 24 February 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Navicat is NOT a database, it's just a frontend. Anyhow you need to run the updates in order, otherwise it will not work. ( they are ordered by data and time )

gah forgot said it on your guide!

could i fix this problem if i follow the updating data base & binaries guide on the site?

#10 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

gah forgot said it on your guide!

could i fix this problem if i follow the updating data base & binaries guide on the site?

I don't understand what you are actually asking. We've told you what to do. The server has told you what to do too. We've also told you how to do it.
What else do you need?

#11 User is offline   Andragon 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Yes, if the wiki guide would be up to date. But the section database update is not up to date :P

Please note that since some months the naming system of the sql dump files has changed. In earlier version it was xxxx_something.sql where xxxx was the revision number. Now it's something like that 2011-11-12_20-00_initial.sql.
Check which date your world db already has and apply on sql updates with date later than the db has.
Posted Image
developer server project. Please visit our website at dev.LandOfElves.net and share the knowledge of ArcEmu servers !
Mach mit bei einem neuen öffentlichen ArcEmu Server für Entwickler. Besuche dev.LandOfElves.net und tausche Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern aus.

#12 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostAndragon, on 24 February 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yes, if the wiki guide would be up to date. But the section database update is not up to date :P

Please note that since some months the naming system of the sql dump files has changed. In earlier version it was xxxx_something.sql where xxxx was the revision number. Now it's something like that 2011-11-12_20-00_initial.sql.
Check which date your world db already has and apply on sql updates with date later than the db has.

you know. that reminds me. at the part where you execute the 3 sql files. the world character and logon structs i have 2. 1 with number and 1 with 4 numbers. i did the one without. maybe if i do the otherones it may possibly work?

#13 User is offline   Andragon 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

you know. that reminds me. at the part where you execute the 3 sql files. the world character and logon structs i have 2. 1 with number and 1 with 4 numbers. i did the one without. maybe if i do the otherones it may possibly work?

If you have filenames with 4 digits than you have some wrong source code I think.

That's how your sql folder has to be:
ftp://arc_dev:arc_de...urce_arcemu/sql

1. You need to run logon_structure.sql and character_structure.sql. Forget the world_structure.sql here.
2. Use whydb database and upload that db
3. Have a look in the arcemu folder world_updates
4. Use 2012-01-31_02-35_killing_spree.sql than 2012-02-02_18-15_taming_quests.sql than 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.sql
5. That was it. Follow further steps in the wiki
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostAndragon, on 24 February 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

If you have filenames with 4 digits than you have some wrong source code I think.

That's how your sql folder has to be:
ftp://arc_dev:arc_de...urce_arcemu/sql

1. You need to run logon_structure.sql and character_structure.sql. Forget the world_structure.sql here.
2. Use whydb database and upload that db
3. Have a look in the arcemu folder world_updates
4. Use 2012-01-31_02-35_killing_spree.sql than 2012-02-02_18-15_taming_quests.sql than 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.sql
5. That was it. Follow further steps in the wiki

i thank you for all of your time into this too btw lots of help. @dfighter also. I remade the core and used whydb. before i used the world structure sql which screwed it all up. now. i am at this last step of confusion.

Sql query failed due to [Table 'arc_world.world_db_version' doesn't exist], Query: [SELECT LastUpdate FROM world_db_version;]
[15:53][Arcemu]Database: World database is missing the table `world_db_version` OR the table doesn't contain any rows. Can't validate database version. Exiting.
[15:53][Arcemu]Database: You may need to update your database

that is what i receive now. and i tried to update my db. but without that file it wont work. and i can not create a new table to store the file in

#15 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

looks like you missing this 2011-11-12_20-00_initial -.-
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostLoken, on 24 February 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

looks like you missing this 2011-11-12_20-00_initial -.-

i have the file. are you saying if i execute that then it will work?

#17 User is offline   Andragon 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yes, I remember I also had this error, but I'm not sure what I have done 1 month before :D

If you are familar with SQL you can check if the tables are already mutated with this dump:
(Check if the fields ffa_loot are still existing)

ftp://arc_dev:arc_de...-00_initial.sql

Otherwise run this sql file.

And please read my signature. There is an open developer arcemu server where you can access also the database to compare. Please note core and database are 1 month old. On this weekend we will update it to the newest one.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostFaeron, on 24 February 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

i have the file. are you saying if i execute that then it will work?

nvm... im back to the other problem. if someone can explain what to do in simplest like directions of how to resolve

[16:47][Arcemu]ArcEmu 4.0-TRUNK 3be2ca0/Debug-Win32-X86 :: World Server
[16:47][Arcemu]Database: Last world database update doesn't match the required one which is 2012-02-09_00-55_earth_shield.
[16:47][Arcemu]Database: You need to apply the world update queries that are newer than 2011-11-12_20-00_initial. Exiting.
[16:47][Arcemu]Database: You can find the world update queries in the sql/world_updates sub-directory of your Arcemu source directory

i apologize for having such a small knowledge to this kind of work. and i am sorry if you are becomeing frustrated

#19 User is offline   Andragon 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Now do:

Edit: And you have to learn a little bit about SQL syntax. Otherwise you will not have a lot of fun with such complex projects.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Faeron 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostAndragon, on 24 February 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Now do:

i received

[Err] 1054 - Unknown column 'EffectCustomFlag' in 'field list'
[Err] INSERT INTO `spell_effects_override` (`spellId`, `EffectCustomFlag`) VALUES ('57840', '4');
[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully
--------------------------------------------------

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users