ArcEmu: [project] Arcscripts2 - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Labels

Make sure when posting a help or release topic you put [c++] or [lua] BEFORE your topic title!
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[project] Arcscripts2 new development of c++ scripts

#41 User is offline   THCSphere 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

View Postsanctum32, on 09 December 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

ah... by you wrong, by me and few other projects this calculation is ok... last my post about it, tired to discuss about same and same, answer same and same answers, and your ignorance... i'm letting to post there what you want, ignoring... i'm using information from wowwiki and some onother...

this topic is just full of fu***** flood... probably arc devs will start work on scripts after 10 or more years... because 2 - 3 years they're not developing, just small touches of crash or stability of scripts sometimes, but no more improvements.

ignoring you "ELITES" and thats it.

You're "improvements" are completely ****. You may want to wait to bash, seeing as you have no idea what you're doing.

You can quote you're using "wowwiki" or other projects, but have you realized what I have said multiple times? The client sends health as a int. Not an unsigned int. Not a float. Not some other random bullshit. It sends it as an Integer. That's it.

And by the way, not to bash MaNGOS and Trinity, because I support every project out there, but there is a difference between them and ArcEmu. They're built a different way. They have their own way of doing things. You should check out a comparison of My Ascent 1.12 vs MangosZero. I've got so much more random stuff working than they do, and they've got stuff working I have partially working. Why? We do things differently. MaNGOS was built for an educational purpose, and that's all it was ever intended for. They have their ways of doing things, and we have ours, and it's plain to see that when everything we've all said, that Health is handled as an integer and should remain that way, as that is how the client sees it.

Let's not forget your recent update to scripts changing all int32 timers to uint32... and then forgot to do anything with INVALIDATE_TIMER, which causes you to leave multiple areas in the core that are unsigned ints, as negative.

Personally, I didn't intend to bash you, just trying to help you learn. If I make a massive mistake, I want someone to correct me. I want to know how to fix my mistakes, so that I can become a better programmer. if I didn't research enough, I'll know in the future to look harder. If I missed something (Like Mesox responding to my NPC mind controlling players code, I accidentally had a IsUnit() instead of IsCreature()), I want to know about it. All these kind of things make you a better developer, when you decide to actually admit you were wrong, instead of fighting people who are obviously more knowledgeable about a situation than you are.

Stop copying MaNGOS, and actually learn to do work yourself. You become much better that way.

#42 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Sanctum32

Posted Image

Everyone else

Posted Image
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#43 User is offline   aaron02 

• Pip
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

i get this error in cmake:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:205 (add_subdirectory):
add_subdirectory given source "arcscripts2" which is not an existing
directory.

path: E:\Programme\Die Sims 2\WoW Cores\arcemu git\arcemu\src\arcscripts2\patches

#44 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

dfighter... art = 3/10 = bad.

ThcSphere, yes, i have said, that client shows as integer, but by server side i think it is float by spell dmg calculation and other...
talking about current time, currently i'm just changing an old content, thats it, rebasing and starting small additions...
creature hp calc info as i got from few members (not from this community), wowwiki some documentations and projects.

yes, forgot INVALIDATE_TIMER, because i have never used it as base and never looked at this define.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#45 User is offline   THCSphere 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

View Postsanctum32, on 09 December 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

dfighter... art = 3/10 = bad.

ThcSphere, yes, i have said, that client shows as integer, but by server side i think it is float by spell dmg calculation and other...
talking about current time, currently i'm just changing an old content, thats it, rebasing and starting small additions...
creature hp calc info as i got from few members (not from this community), wowwiki some documentations and projects.

yes, forgot INVALIDATE_TIMER, because i have never used it as base and never looked at this define.

If it was float by server side, you'd be able to see health that was say, 19528.32 / 20000. Obviously it's not.

#46 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

do you correctly applied patch?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#47 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

View PostNotthecrow, on 09 December 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

Maybe when you're looking for 24.79135225 percent

not even: http://codepad.org/vdemny6e
due to the fixed size of the float type, the number you wrote will be rounded to 24.791351 . But let's wait for his next commit, maybe he will use a double.
Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 User is offline   aaron02 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

i dont know can you help me on installing it?

#49 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

View Postjackpoz, on 10 December 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

due to the fixed size of the float type, the number you wrote will be rounded to 24.791351 . But let's wait for his next commit, maybe he will use a double.

i know variable sizes and similar...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#50 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

View Postsanctum32, on 10 December 2011 - 07:45 AM, said:

i know variable sizes and similar...

cool. do you know (google and wikipedia not allowed) how floating point values are stored in memory?
Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 User is offline   Neo_mat 

• drunken bear rider
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Can we have free popcorn?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am 91% addicted to World of Warcraft. What about you?

#52 User is offline   THCSphere 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostNeo_mat, on 10 December 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

Can we have free popcorn?

Posted Image

#53 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

yea, i know and it... i studied objective programming and IT technologies and still studying... no need to examine me... if want to spam here, better go and catch ridding car :(

EDIT: Lord marrowgar scripts is almost complete, missing only one bonespike part and coldflames slow spawning AI.
Bone Storm phase as base is working.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#54 User is offline   aaron02 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

i got it now raedy to compil but now i get a error:

10>E:\Programme\Die Sims 2\WoW Cores\arcemu git\test\src\arcscripts2\scripts\InstanceScripts\Instance_BlackrockDepths.cpp(28): error C2590: "BaronAquanisAI": Nur ein Konstruktor kann eine Basis-/Member-Initialisiererliste enthalten.
10>E:\Programme\Die Sims 2\WoW Cores\arcemu git\test\src\arcscripts2\scripts\InstanceScripts\Instance_BlackrockDepths.cpp(27): error C2061: Syntaxerror: Bezeichner 'BaronAquanisAI'

#55 User is offline   Notthecrow 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

View Postjackpoz, on 10 December 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

Truly to shame on my part, for typing in a number at complete random and not checking to make sure it would be able to fit into 3 bytes.
XD
XD
XD
Ghost in my mind, you used to be, so alive...

#56 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

https://github.com/a...e19abe26acefbc7
would be a bit cleaner and simpler functions for position searching.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#57 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

View Postdfighter, on 09 December 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sanctum32

Posted Image

Everyone else

Posted Image

Love these images Posted Image
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#58 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostTHCSphere, on 09 December 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

Stop copying MaNGOS, and actually learn to do work yourself. You become much better that way.

ok, i'll

View Postjackpoz, on 10 December 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

cool. do you know (google and wikipedia not allowed) how floating point values are stored in memory?

yes, i do

View Postaaron02, on 11 December 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:

i got it now raedy to compil but now i get a error:

10>E:\Programme\Die Sims 2\WoW Cores\arcemu git\test\src\arcscripts2\scripts\InstanceScripts\Instance_BlackrockDepths.cpp(28): error C2590: "BaronAquanisAI": Nur ein Konstruktor kann eine Basis-/Member-Initialisiererliste enthalten.
10>E:\Programme\Die Sims 2\WoW Cores\arcemu git\test\src\arcscripts2\scripts\InstanceScripts\Instance_BlackrockDepths.cpp(27): error C2061: Syntaxerror: Bezeichner 'BaronAquanisAI'

fixed

installation guide can be founded on README
now project has own website - http://arcscripts2.ucoz.org/ (temporally empty)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#59 User is offline   sanctum32 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Project is looking for active c++ and sql developers (database scripting).
pm me if interested.

also would be great any contribution.

ps: arcscripts after few months got very clean code and most of useful implementations and code structure changes...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#60 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

View Postdfighter, on 09 December 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sanctum32

Everyone else

haaa... I wish i had more hands....so i could give more thumbs up!
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users