ArcEmu: Totally Confused >.< - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Developing

Interesting in developing with us? Join us on IRC: irc.emulationnetwork.com:6667 #arcemu
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Totally Confused >.<

#1 User is offline   WHITELIONX 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

I have had a look at some of the tutorials on playing around with the C++ but I am still confused at "trunk/src" I don't have trunk/src >.< I have C:/Users/Alan/arcemu/src and I have C:/Program Files (x86)/arcemu/src and BOTH have src in them?

I see a lot of people also saying to just change lines in .cpp files but after working with C# then it surely will not do anything just changing that without rebuilding it? All I am trying to do is add the ability to fly in all maps but so far and I am just more confused? A simple tutorial on this without saying trunk/src would help lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Flying in all maps its a hacky and unsuported feature
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   WHITELIONX 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Ahh but still I am clueless how to add anything to the C++? I had a look at a few things but I am still unable to add anything unless it's lua/MySql? I play around with a C# and non MySql database for another mmorpg and can easily change things with the C# project but I am just confused with arcemu and C++ >.< This is what I was attempting.........http://arcemu.org/fo...opic=15651&st=0

Every time you add something new to a C# project you MUST rebuild the project for the added thing to work otherwise it just uses the last settings and does not add anything which is why I'm so confused with people saying things like just add this ...... to ***.cpp

#4 User is offline   Elliott Quick 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

View PostWHITELIONX, on 01 December 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Ahh but still I am clueless how to add anything to the C++? I had a look at a few things but I am still unable to add anything unless it's lua/MySql? I play around with a C# and non MySql database for another mmorpg and can easily change things with the C# project but I am just confused with arcemu and C++ >.< This is what I was attempting.........http://arcemu.org/fo...opic=15651&st=0

Every time you add something new to a C# project you MUST rebuild the project for the added thing to work otherwise it just uses the last settings and does not add anything which is why I'm so confused with people saying things like just add this ...... to ***.cpp

What are you using to open the .cpp's?? Visual Studio?.. have you located the files mentioned, based on the images they would be found under "src".. trunk refers to the main branch and that was back when we used SVN.

#5 User is offline   WHITELIONX 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

So scrap what I have said I can actually delete my entire Alan/Arcemu folder and it isn't going to make any difference. I need to know how to build/compile it and overwrite what needs to be over written in C:/Program Files (x86)/arcemu.

The cmake thing is what confuses me I have never had to use anything like that before it just seems to make it more complicated is it really needed? Could everything not be done manually without needing cmake?

If I compile the project in Alan/Arcemu then what do I need to copy and paste from Alan/Arcemu to C:/Program Files (x86)/Arcemu so that I am using the latest compile without needing to use cmake?

#6 User is offline   MesoX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:pc & girls & parties

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

CMake is program, which creates project solution files, which you can open in Visual Studio, that program is here, because it can also easily build solution files for other operating system such as Linux, which doesn't have any support for Visual Studio solution files. Once you are done creating your solution files, simply open them, edit whatever you want, compile it and you are finished. Files which you need to copy back to your server folder depends on what you have changed (or what newer revisions changed), but generally you should copy world.exe, logon.exe and all script modules.

My question is, do you think our wiki wouldn't help you? I guess you don't even tried looking on it before posting something here. There are lot of nice tutorials for curious people like you.

http://www.arcemu.org/wiki/CMake
http://www.arcemu.or...piling:_Windows

http://www.arcemu.org/wiki/Main_Page
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   WHITELIONX 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Nevermind I figured it out without needing cmake :) Just created a new folder and redid everything (wasn't much to redo but still) and I know it works because I changed something in the logon.exe and I can see it saying what I wanted it to :)

Yes I have been looking through the wiki for the past day or so but it really hasn't helped me lol. The compile part is not explained all that well or at least I didn't think it was, but you just gave a simple explanation of what it was I have been trying to ask lol. I am used to not having things install with other programs and just using VS and moving things around myself.

It seems that you just compile the updated src (I prefer to open .sln rather than just a .cpp) then take two maybe three folders, libmysql.dll, libeay32.dll, logon.exe and world.exe then place them in the folder that it needs to be in.

I kinda started from scratch with creating the C++ project and went from there. Everything seems to work as it should so that's always a good thing and now I have an understanding of what needs moving where I can look at the code properly and when something needs changing I know how to do it :)

#8 User is offline   sjustin1996 

• IRC:sjustin1996

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

Since I've been trying to get all-zone flight working, I'd recommend looking into the functions of Cold Weather Flying, which allows flight in Northrend. You might be able to duplicate the effects for all characters in all zones/maps/continents.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users