ArcEmu: [lua] Help Creating First Custom Dungeon - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[lua] Help Creating First Custom Dungeon Looking for someone to tell me how to create a custom dungeon

#1 User is offline   Kythas 

• Group: Members
  • IRC:That Hunter
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

So I was wondering if it's possible to create a custom dungeon on a 3.3.5a ArcEmu server?

I have all my Bosses, Custom Items and Loot, and I was wondering how I could make a Dungeon for it? Like a seperate ID with a portal or some means to get there, so multiple people could be doing the dungeon at once. Even just using the Blizz dungeons and making my own stuff for it would be fine with me (Ex. Pit of Saron)

Also, one question along with that

I created a Boss with items and loot, but when he's dead and I go up to loot him, there's only gold. I killed him multiple times to check if it was just the percentages, but thats not the case. I looked on the loot tables, and it seems theres only percent drops for 10m, 25m, 10mh and 25mh. Can he only drop loot when he's in a dungeon? How could I fix?

Edit:
If it helps, my Idea was the Citadel Walls all around Icecrown (Specifically Corp'rethar). I was thinking something like the Lost City of the Tol'Vir in Cata, where you can go to the World Zone and theres mobs there, but when you go to the actual instance, theres the bosses.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi there and welcome to our forums!
First of all, I am not sure how any of this, anyhow related to Lua.
However, yes it is possible to create custom dungeons from the Blizz dungeons if you delete the spawns that are there by default, and spawn your own NPCs.

As for loot, no ofc NPCs can drop loot anywhere as long as you have the correct loot settings for them
Settings go as such
enum LOOTTYPE{
	LOOT_NORMAL10,		// normal dungeon / old raid  (10/25/40 men) / normal 10 raid
	LOOT_NORMAL25,		// heroic dungeon / normal 25 raid
	LOOT_HEROIC10,		// heroic 10 men raid
	LOOT_HEROIC25,		// heroic 25 men raid
};

The normal 10 loot is also the "world" loot that is the loot outside dungeons or raids :blink:
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#3 User is offline   Kythas 

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

View Postdfighter, on 26 June 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Hi there and welcome to our forums!
First of all, I am not sure how any of this, anyhow related to Lua.
However, yes it is possible to create custom dungeons from the Blizz dungeons if you delete the spawns that are there by default, and spawn your own NPCs.

As for loot, no ofc NPCs can drop loot anywhere as long as you have the correct loot settings for them
Settings go as such
enum LOOTTYPE{
	LOOT_NORMAL10,		// normal dungeon / old raid  (10/25/40 men) / normal 10 raid
	LOOT_NORMAL25,		// heroic dungeon / normal 25 raid
	LOOT_HEROIC10,		// heroic 10 men raid
	LOOT_HEROIC25,		// heroic 25 men raid
};

The normal 10 loot is also the "world" loot that is the loot outside dungeons or raids :blink:

1, Thanks for Repling so quickly, and Thank you!

So other than the Blizz made dungeons, it's not possible to save a spot from the World and make it a dungeon? Like a .gps corner-to-corner area? Darn.
If I do end up making my own dungeon from deleting npcs and spawning my own, is it possible to make two copies? To keep the original? And could I edit the name of the instance im zoning into? Like if I deleted all the mobs in Pit of Saron, and when people zone into it, it says ("The Pit of Saron"), could I change that to say something like, ("The Pit of Awesomeness") Etc...?

I was thinking it was along the lines of Lua to script the Portal to the dungeon, Boss Configs (Which I was clearly wrong on) But, now that I look at it, I see your point.

#4 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

View PostKythas, on 26 June 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

1, Thanks for Repling so quickly, and Thank you!

So other than the Blizz made dungeons, it's not possible to save a spot from the World and make it a dungeon? Like a .gps corner-to-corner area? Darn.
If I do end up making my own dungeon from deleting npcs and spawning my own, is it possible to make two copies? To keep the original? And could I edit the name of the instance im zoning into? Like if I deleted all the mobs in Pit of Saron, and when people zone into it, it says ("The Pit of Saron"), could I change that to say something like, ("The Pit of Awesomeness") Etc...?

I was thinking it was along the lines of Lua to script the Portal to the dungeon, Boss Configs (Which I was clearly wrong on) But, now that I look at it, I see your point.

Well if you are thinking actual dungeons, then ofc it is not possible.
However you could create simple outdoor encounters, there are lots of those in World of Warcraft already, if you just think of the outdoors raid bosses like Emiriss, then you know what I mean. However ofc that also produces lots of problems, like how do you protect the encounter from outside interference? How can you make sure that more than 1 groups can do the encounter concurrently?
About reusing the Blizz ones, what you are asking is not really possible on the server side since what you see there are mostly set in the client.
Ofc you can make portals in , boss encounters too, and such as both Lua scripts or C++ addons, it's up to you. :blink:

#5 User is offline   Kythas 

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

View Postdfighter, on 26 June 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Well if you are thinking actual dungeons, then ofc it is not possible.
However you could create simple outdoor encounters, there are lots of those in World of Warcraft already, if you just think of the outdoors raid bosses like Emiriss, then you know what I mean. However ofc that also produces lots of problems, like how do you protect the encounter from outside interference? How can you make sure that more than 1 groups can do the encounter concurrently?
About reusing the Blizz ones, what you are asking is not really possible on the server side since what you see there are mostly set in the client.
Ofc you can make portals in , boss encounters too, and such as both Lua scripts or C++ addons, it's up to you. :blink:

One more question, like I posted in my first, how can I make the bosses drop the loot? I have my custom items with their entry ID Typed out on Notepad (So I can remember them), And then I have my NPC, and Loot. I made my Loot, imported it into the SQL, but when I either .kill or just normally kill, they only drop gold.

Thanks!

#6 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

View PostKythas, on 27 June 2011 - 07:04 AM, said:

One more question, like I posted in my first, how can I make the bosses drop the loot? I have my custom items with their entry ID Typed out on Notepad (So I can remember them), And then I have my NPC, and Loot. I made my Loot, imported it into the SQL, but when I either .kill or just normally kill, they only drop gold.

Thanks!

That sounds like you didn't restart the server after adding the loot.

#7 User is offline   Kythas 

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

View Postdfighter, on 27 June 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

That sounds like you didn't restart the server after adding the loot.

Restarting as in, Closing MySql, Logon+Worldserver? Or is there something else I need to do? Because I've restarted the server multiple times, still no loot :blink:

#8 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostKythas, on 27 June 2011 - 11:02 PM, said:

Restarting as in, Closing MySql, Logon+Worldserver? Or is there something else I need to do? Because I've restarted the server multiple times, still no loot :(

No only the world needs to be restarted ( the Arcemu process, not the irl world :blink: Sadly I doubt that restarting the irl world would solve any problems ).
Make sure you are adding the data right http://arcemu.org/wiki/Loot_creatures
I have no more ideas tbh, the only two things that could be wrong with your loot is either as I said forgetting to restart or using the wrong data.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users