We are looking for programmers who are interested in not only improving our project, but expanding their horizons.
You will have the opportunity to work on network communication, multi-server interaction, anti-hacking countermeasures, 2d/3d geometry based collision detection, a high level lua scripting engine, multi-threading, implementation of game mechanics, and new features. You will be writing cross-platform, portable code which will be used by thousands of people across the globe.
ArcEmu is an Open Source World of Warcraft server, which is x86 compatible (including Pentium� and Athlon�), amd64 compatible, and PowerPC compatible. It is currently developed and maintained by a team of individuals. The server is written in C++ and offers advanced networking, performance, ingame anti-hack security, and unique features today which are still missing in other server software packages.
Technologies we utilize include, zlib, g3dlite, libmpq, MySQL.
- We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- C/C++ Programming skills
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team
- Passion for technology
- Experience with high-level languages such as Perl, Python, or Lua
- Networking experience TCP/UDP
- Familiarity with implementing client / server architecture
- Database familiarity with Mysql, and/or PostgreSQL
- Multi-platform experience (see here for a full list of platforms we support)
- A will to learn!
If you are interested in working on a project that will improve your skills, and is used by thousands of people world wide please contact Hasbro via our forums, or irc.
Thank you for your time.