ArcEmu: Chess Script - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chess Script Looking for a fix

#1 User is offline   faola 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

http://pastebin.com/2vXCHskY

I got this script from this website (arcemu) long long ago and it worked on my old 2.4.3 server, i'm trying now to make it work with arcemu 4008 rev, and it gives me this error

(eventmanage) is not a valid lua function

I've tried everything, and nothing...

Anybody can help?

Thanks!

ps: i have the other 2 files needed to make it run and still.

#2 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Isn't this something like "you are registering the event before declaring the function" ? You may have tried everything but did you try to register the events at the bottom of the file?
Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   cybersquare420 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

this is neat... if you get all 10000 or so functions registered and get this to work, post it back here... i wouldn't mind playing around with it.. ;)

#4 User is offline   faola 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Well, i registered every event the script didnt show any errors but it doesnt work :/, i cant start the chess battle.... nobody here has the luaapparc source or lua++ ? i would like to try compile it with this arcemu rev, i believe thats the problem.

#5 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

View Postfaola, on 09 January 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

it gives me this error
(eventmanage) is not a valid lua function

View Postfaola, on 09 January 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

i registered every event the script didnt show any errors

So how did you fix the error?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   faola 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

View PostSaintJamesApostle, on 09 January 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

So how did you fix the error?

I just did what you said, register every unitevent at the bottom of the file... but it didnt work anyway since in game the script didnt work as it should, and no errors in console were shown.

#7 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Well you see, it doesn't work like you pick up random Lua scripts from internet and put them in your server. If you know Lua, then it should be easy for you to fix the script. If you don't know it, then you shouldn't use random scripts.
Anyway:
--if you use Lua++ write 18, if normal Lua write 6
local Lua_using = 18

Does this suggest anything? Oh and:
--if you want to flow your serverwindow with numbers and other things, change it to "true"
local debug = false

Did you even read the script once while "trying everything" ?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   faola 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Yes, I read it and those are not my settings is just the original file, i have all that changed and still it doesnt shows anything in console, and i know like 5% of lua thats why I come here trying to find help to make the script work again, there was an official thread of this script in this forum but it was deleted, no idea when or why. anyway thanks.

#9 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

View Postfaola, on 09 January 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yes, I read it and those are not my settings is just the original file, i have all that changed and still it doesnt shows anything in console, and i know like 5% of lua thats why I come here trying to find help to make the script work again, there was an official thread of this script in this forum but it was deleted, no idea when or why. anyway thanks.

i think i remember playing with it. i at least got them all to spawn but selecting the first chess figure wouldnt work i think.

Have you already spawned the eventmaster? the eventmaster should spawn an add for holding some functions (198766)
anyway this script really sucks. I think even the orientation of the chessboard depends on where you spawn the eventmaster and stuff...
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

#10 User is offline   faola 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:12 AM

well, it worked for me long ago with an arcemu server but using sun++ scripts and i believe lua++, the event worked pretty well, i had fun win my old guild friends, we were able to play like a real chess... sometimes the game got stuck but we finished the game using .npc pos and .kill .-. I made a field in those "hidden" zones so i could design it without problems.

idk whats the difference between LuaAppArc and LuaHypArc, but must be something there that is not letting it work as intended. maybe the functions changed and/or were renamed ? I get the chessmaster to show the gossips, but when he asks me for an opponent it doesnt show a list of players. just

[...]
Script Reset

and if I clic Script Reset, it sends the Challenge to a near random player, but that player cant accept since it shows other gossip asking to resend the challenge and it gets stuck there.

#11 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

View Postfaola, on 10 January 2011 - 05:12 AM, said:

must be something there that is not letting it work as intended.

I get the chessmaster to show the gossips, but when he asks me for an opponent it doesnt show a list of players. just "Script Reset" and if I clic Script Reset, it sends the Challenge to a near random player, but that player cant accept since it shows other gossip asking to resend the challenge and it gets stuck there.

You should tear it apart and try to make small steps imo. How about you insert echos and debug output so youll be able to see what is happening there...?

#12 User is offline   kenuvis 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

Oh yeah, I remind to the script. ^^
*dream* it was quite funny to play it...

b2t: If there is interesting on the script anymore?

PS: and yes, I am the creator of the script. ^^

#13 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

View Postkenuvis, on 25 April 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

PS: and yes, I am the creator of the script. ^^

fix it fix it!

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it !

:)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users