ArcEmu: Todo - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Todo

#1 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

So I've started to write up a TODO list a while ago.
So far it looks like this:

- +1 extra spell effect slot, because sometimes spells just miss 1 extra effect and they are forced to use a dummy handler because of it
- dummy registering by effect index
- camera
- PETS!!!!
- Gameobject split into derived classes by type, including destructibles
- dungeon finder and random bgs
- bg leveling
- calendar
- wintergrasp
- working collision and LOS
- pathfinding
- aurahandler
- quest handler
- trainer spell chain
- transactional player saving
- creatures on transports
- find out how the client decides which area we are in, so we can make Dalaran sanctuary properly
- Unified Quest interface class for Creatures and GOs

Services
- dbc crap
- db lookup crap
- objmgr crap
- LOG!
- world too?

The services part needs some explanation. Basically it's about moving all those under 1 Singleton instead of having them as different singletons.
So instead of "sLog.outError" logging would look something like "Services.Log.outError"
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#2 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Players should already be saved with transactions.
Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

View PostSaintJamesApostle, on 05 December 2010 - 05:24 PM, said:

Players should already be saved with transactions.

I don't think you quite get what I meant.
Players are saved every x minutes. I want to change that to real time.
It's not about whether the queries are sent in 1 transaction :lol:

#4 User is offline   SB@L 

• ArcEmu lover
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

Maybe add:
- in-game threat values (implementation of SMSG_THREAT_CLEAR, SMSG_THREAT_REMOVE, SMSG_THREAT_UPDATE, SMSG_HIGHEST_THREAT_UPDATE)
SQL scripts: To remove pet spells from player
CRASH REPORTING TUTORIAL
TIP: If your core crashes on startup, its probably an outdated DB, apply recent sql updates.

#5 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:47 AM

View PostSB@L, on 06 December 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

Maybe add:
- in-game threat values (implementation of SMSG_THREAT_CLEAR, SMSG_THREAT_REMOVE, SMSG_THREAT_UPDATE, SMSG_HIGHEST_THREAT_UPDATE)

Do we really want to make the game more threatening? Blizzard seems to be doing the opposite, making it easier and easier (less threatening to newbies ) :lol:

On the other hand, it would be nice to compile a list of unimplemented packets and get the structures from either Mangos, Trinity, or from people like Silinoron or Cromon. (this is the part that's the most disgusting for me )

#6 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

[2010-12-21 02:13] <@dfighter> btw we shouldn't make a lib like that from arcemu-world
[2010-12-21 02:13] <@dfighter> we should come up with a nice API
[2010-12-21 02:13] <@dfighter> and make an SDK
[2010-12-21 02:13] <@dfighter> and export only what we need
[2010-12-21 02:13] <@dfighter> people could then make addons without having to build entire Arcemu

#7 User is offline   Shrexx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hey dfighter,

I know this list is a little bit old but maybe you should remove such things like pathfinding, vehicles and summons from it because you and others had done those things :lol:

~Sh

#8 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

Done and also posting some of the notes I've written since the original post.

- New cleaner plug-in architecture
- should be pure OO
- should be compatible among versions ( unless it's explicitly changed )
- should provide version and service info on request
- plugin methods should not be called directly, only indirectly. ( e.g.: instead of script->func(), script->do( "func" ) or something )
- or rather they should listen for events ( e.g: objects generate events and the plugins catch and handle them )

- Add an outgoing queue to maps, and transfer players that way to other maps!
- Change Eventable system to use a Timer object with a Scheduler/Timer driver, transfer the Timer object with the outgoing queue ( SetDriver method in timer, check for NULL on addition )
- Capturable "zones"
- Dynamic scenario system as a plugin
- Database drivers as plugins
- AH bot as plugin
- rewrite statsdumper to be cleaner and neater
- new scripting API that won't change only get extended
- Arcemu lite, with sqlite ( like as a sandbox or w/e )
- Database editor and other tools in Qt, as one host application, and features as add-in/plug-ins/extensions/ w/e
-Arcemu admin application that uses the remote console! Also implement a simpler output for that console so it's easy to parse with the app.
- Shipping some basic data instead of just an empty database ( completely custom, not blizz related )
- bot support ( playerbot for bg / arena and/or NPC bot to help do instances, etc )
- Move BGs and Arenas to plugins
- When dfighterbot2 is ready, make it able to connect to Arcemu and get stats from it
- SOAP interface maybe
- Web applications: Armory, wowhead like db tools, etc
- Implement an event system, with an event queue and listeners, instead of all the method calls for events
- document the current architecture
- Extend the library with platform independent thread support
- Notify players when they get an ingame mail thru email ( generate an event that's handled somewhere else )

- DOCUMENT THE POSSIBLE ERRORS AND THE WAYS TO SET UP ARCEMU
- DOCUMENT CREATING AND ADDING STUFF

- rewrite GUID store stuff into classes
- get rid of stream operators of WorldPacket ( << >> ) use normal methods instead like WritePackedGUID(), ReadUINT32(), etc
- Change packet handler to use classes with a static method to handle the packet, WorldSession should be passed as a parameter, this way we get rid of the packet handler methods from WorldSession.
This also requires adding a PacketHandler class, with methods to register and handle packets ( need to leave storage as a vector or TR1 array tho )
- Change chat command handlers similarly! ( storage could be a map or multimap here so that we can check each command to leave the short commands )
- maybe even Unit and AI events should be handled like this?
- Wrapper class for Lua state
- Refactor the Logon SRP6 stuff into a class

Also as a very long term plan is to create our own client too, so that we can turn Arcemu into a fully featured independent MMORPG framework.

#9 User is offline   Loken 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Arcemu, WOW.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

View Postdfighter, on 27 October 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

- bot support ( playerbot for bg / arena and/or NPC bot to help do instances, etc )
- When dfighterbot2 is ready, make it able to connect to Arcemu and get stats from it

This will be EPIC!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   salamanda 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

I thought rewriting the spell system was on the to do list?

I remember reading somewhere about you saying how the entire spell system needs to be rewritten to handle the spell effects rather than each individual spell, or something similar. Might be wrong, just had that in my head when somebody asked why most spells are still broken. :3

#11 User is offline   WAmadeus 

• Cunning Code Composer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

View Postsalamanda, on 05 November 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

I thought rewriting the spell system was on the to do list?

I remember reading somewhere about you saying how the entire spell system needs to be rewritten to handle the spell effects rather than each individual spell, or something similar. Might be wrong, just had that in my head when somebody asked why most spells are still broken. :3

Rewrite spell system? Why? What's wrong with it?

#12 User is offline   salamanda 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostWAmadeus, on 05 November 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

Rewrite spell system? Why? What's wrong with it?

Because:

to handle the spell effects rather than each individual spell

That's what I read somewhere, though as I said I may be wrong.

Either way, most spells/talents are broken, so I assume that should be on the to do list somewhere (as there are multiple threads about it in core modifications section).

#13 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

You are mistaking the dummy spell effect / aura handlers with the spell system.
Anyhow it would be nice to rewrite it, but it's about as big of a task as the rest of those together... and it doesn't make much sense to rewrite it until the rest of Arcemu has been rewritten, since then after finishing the rest the spell system would have to be rewritten again.

Also I don't get why people keep saying that "most spells are still broken", when I test something and casts spells with various classes they seem fine, they sometime seem a little off with the damage / heal but they otherwise seem ok for me. However then again, I am a bit too busy to play wow and notice the "broken" stuff.
I remember topics about these spells but lots of them were more about balancing than actually making spells work, so I guess someone should open tickets about spells that are actually broken.

#14 User is offline   salamanda 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

View Postdfighter, on 06 November 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

You are mistaking the dummy spell effect / aura handlers with the spell system.
Anyhow it would be nice to rewrite it, but it's about as big of a task as the rest of those together... and it doesn't make much sense to rewrite it until the rest of Arcemu has been rewritten, since then after finishing the rest the spell system would have to be rewritten again.

Also I don't get why people keep saying that "most spells are still broken", when I test something and casts spells with various classes they seem fine, they sometime seem a little off with the damage / heal but they otherwise seem ok for me. However then again, I am a bit too busy to play wow and notice the "broken" stuff.
I remember topics about these spells but lots of them were more about balancing than actually making spells work, so I guess someone should open tickets about spells that are actually broken.

I can go through and test each spell if required, there are quite a few issues.

Some I can think of, off the top of my head:

- Rogue Stealth (can only be interrupted with melee damage)
- Paladin seals/Judgements (No effect / 1-2 damage only)
- Shaman totem auras are applied but the aura does not have any effect.
- Shaman totem eruption spell has no effect.
- Mage polymorph does not work well on players.
- Warlock Fear is interrupted on players, far too easily (almost any amount of damage).
- Shaman water shield only has 1 stack removed then gets stuck at 2 stacks forever (similar to earth shield issue).

Although the majority of spells do work, as far as PvP balance goes these are often fundamental spells used and not having the desired effect angers a lot of people as it is game-changing. That's why a lot of people moan about it, even though most of it is small.

I'll submit it as a single ticket and add to it as I find more.

edit: I'll categorise them as: broken (no effect), partially working, balance issue.

#15 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Postsalamanda, on 06 November 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

I can go through and test each spell if required, there are quite a few issues.

Some I can think of, off the top of my head:

- Rogue Stealth (can only be interrupted with melee damage)
- Paladin seals/Judgements (No effect / 1-2 damage only)
- Shaman totem auras are applied but the aura does not have any effect.
- Shaman totem eruption spell has no effect.
- Mage polymorph does not work well on players.
- Warlock Fear is interrupted on players, far too easily (almost any amount of damage).
- Shaman water shield only has 1 stack removed then gets stuck at 2 stacks forever (similar to earth shield issue).

Although the majority of spells do work, as far as PvP balance goes these are often fundamental spells used and not having the desired effect angers a lot of people as it is game-changing. That's why a lot of people moan about it, even though most of it is small.

I'll submit it as a single ticket and add to it as I find more.

edit: I'll categorise them as: broken (no effect), partially working, balance issue.

Now we are talking! Thanks! ;)

I've just fixed the stealth issue in revision e34a13ce1ce8fb8e3a336dfb1a4f65c8a57f68f3
See sometimes things are this easy, just someone has to report them :\

Shaman water shield seems to be fine for me

#16 User is offline   salamanda 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Nice one! Maybe it was fixed since I last tested it properly.

I'll write up a full list as soon as possible, got a deadline to meet for thursday, so I'll probably write it up at the weekend.

#17 User is offline   salamanda 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

I submitted a ticket, it's not as clean as I would have hoped and previously mentioned, but it's a start.

https://github.com/a...rcemu/issues/30

I'll continue adding to it as I find more spells, I still have to do talents.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users