ArcEmu: Patch Submission: Readme First - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Read:

When submitting patches - READ: http://arcemu.org/fo...?showtopic=2355 -
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Patch Submission: Readme First

#1 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

This is the new path submitting template you must use when submitting a patch.

Patch Title:
What bug does this patch fix / What feature it adds: (If this bug is on trac, please provide a link)
Detailed Explanation: "Detailed" means FULL of details, like npc ids, quest ids, spell ids, wowhead link.
How to reproduce: If you are fixing a spell/talent, you MUST specify how to learn it, which class can use it.
If you are fixing a quest, you MUST specify how to take it, which npcs are involved, items, etc etc.
Tested: Features and behaviours related to the changes of the patch that has been tested and are working.
Untested: Features and behaviours related to the changes of the patch that hasn't been tested so require a closer look from the developers.
Link to thread(s) in bug reports section if available:
Patch:

Wrap in
[code]
[/code] tags.

And upload the patch file please.

Also, please take a look at our coding convention for some clean rules which can help make your code look cleaner and more readable.
http://arcemu.org/standards/

This post has been edited by jackpoz: 05 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

#2 User is offline   Stewart 

• Chatty Cathy
  • Group: Retired

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

OK so here's how things work in here:
1. People submit patches to fix bugs.
2. Testers test patches, and move them to "Approved", and update status on trac (where applicable)
3. Devs double check and then commit patches, and move them to "Applied", and close the ticket on trac (where applicable)

#3 User is offline   dbrown1986 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers & College.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

Well now, I found myself looking through the trac and comparing active tickets with there said revisions, and I must say; as fascinated as I am, 'tis truly sad I'm not an uber-programmer. I'm a simplified one at best. Is there any advice you could give, I would like to help by submitting patches, perhaps any e-books that are worth looking into, or some books I might want to check out? I am going to college for C++, but we haven't even gotten this far into the class.

I really do wish to help, and any starting advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Save yourself a post, ask your questions here!

#4 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

http://tirania.org/b...010/Dec-31.html

Sending a maintainer a patch, or a pull request that consists of your "fix" mixed with a dozen renames, refactoring changes, variable renames, method renames, file splitting, layout changing code is not really a contribution, it is home work.
The maintainer now has to look at your mess of a patch and extract the actual improvement, wasting precious time that could have gone to something else. This sometimes negates the effort of your "contribution".
So respect the original coding style, and if you want to make refactoring changes, discuss this with the maintainer.

Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostSaintJamesApostle, on 03 January 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

:blink: so mean?
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

#6 User is offline   jackpoz 

• ArcEmu Lemon Priest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

added:

Tested: Features and behaviours related to the changes of the patch that has been tested and are working.
Untested: Features and behaviours related to the changes of the patch that hasn't been tested so require a closer look from the developers.

In this way the ArcEmu Development Team knows if they have to take a closer look at some parts of the patch. The more details you add about what you did in your tests, the better. The example of a patch submitted with a proper format can be found at http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274 (notice how long is the Detailed Explaination part).
Posted Image We develop dreams. Your dreams ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users