ArcEmu: Xtremetop100 Clone - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xtremetop100 Clone

#1 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hello dear members of ac-web! I am happy to present to you the TopsiteCMS v1.0, which contains a full XtremeTop100 clone. So what can this do?

Features:
  • Full Topsite
    • An integrated template system
    • An integrated Monthly Resetter
    • An integrated Pagination system
    • An integrated Category system
    • Full User Control Panel
      • Edit all site settings
      • Add details of your site, with full BBCode support
      • Add screenshots of your site, allowing others to see it more indepth
      • An easy to use link so that users can vote for your site.

• A full module system, allowing developers to customize their site
    • Xtremetop100 template
      • Has a module to view all the latest added sites
      • Has a module for Gold Membership signup through paypal

• Full ACP
    • Easily edit...
      • your main settings
      • your users
      • your navigation
      • your categories

• Read messages sent by your users to you, and reply with just one click of a button

And of course, there are tons more of tiny little things. But why should you pay $15 for this? Quite simply, there is a full VIP system where a user can pay $15 a month to become a VIP. So in short, if you can get just ONE VIP for just ONE month, you will be fully reimburshed of purchasing the XtremeTop100 clone.

Also, with the purchase of the TopsiteCMS you get unlimited help to set up your site, and modify it in anyway you want.

So if you're interested, please PM me or contact me at maverfax@live.com, maverfax@gmail.com, maverfax@aim.com (I'll reach you back faster using AIM and PM). :(

Price: $15
Requires: PHP 5.0+ and MySQL
Demo: ThePingue.com

#2 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 08:11 AM, said:

$200 for a unique buyout (meaning that you'd be the only person to get the topsite). Please don't complain about the prices

uh, i don't want to bragger but i have to think of the website downloader, and that this looks pretty ripped off 1-to-1 from Enom inc. Do you have the permit to do so? I don't know but to sell something you don't actually own you would have to be eBay... ^^

Don't let this disencourage you, but uh.. as i understand it to try to make money off of something like this is not the best way to actually gain money because 1. your consumer base has none, 2. the usp is nothing new and those services do exist already en masse and 3. gaining money with such a site is merely impossible as the revenue is slim to absolutely none.

You seem to be quite good at this i guess, and ive seen many of your projects. I find it good that you advertise your projects here. Selling them is another thing where i mainly must say "i don't LOVE it but i actually don't know arcemus standpoint on this so what the heck, why not :(". But why not turn to projects more interesting for a big userbase and things that are actually something new, special, or unique, or that people would really like to see/have/pay for. I am just not sure if a topsite is that something...

greets,
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

#3 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

Mhm, I agree with what you say. But this wasn't really a project as much as just something to do to pass time while bored. I just want to see how interested people are in this, to see if I should bother continuing development or if I should just scrap it.

#4 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 08:58 AM, said:

Mhm, I agree with what you say. But this wasn't really a project as much as just something to do to pass time while bored. I just want to see how interested people are in this, to see if I should bother continuing development or if I should just scrap it.

like i said i dont want to disencourage you. I seem to have a hard time making a point without upsetting half of the community lately so please don't take it the wrong way..^^ It's just, i have thought along time about how and with what to make quick money on things like this, and sure, back in 95-99 or so the idea of a toplist in general would have been awesome, if you for example remember stuff like "sharelook" or the later dmoz. I then remember the famous gates quote: "The Internet is like a wave - either you learn to swim on it, or you go under" and so i think you should invest your time and talent into something you really think is totally new. I think if you had such a product buyers will easily follow that...

greets,

#5 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Mhmkay. I'll see what I can do :(

#6 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 12:44 PM, said:

Mhmkay. I'll see what I can do :)

hm, ok, lets think of something...

hmm..

ok, how about this. since i will probably never finish this anymore, and maybe i am a total fail for this idea, but some time ago i was thinking about a paypal based donation system.

you could program a client system, add some servers that are willing to include your onlineshop-system on their sites, give them the possibility to customize it to their layout, set items/prices they want, and place a "bonushandler" (a scripted npc for example, this can actually be done even with lua by eating a horse) ingame, then players can buy items for their server on the shop-site of their server, and you autodeliver them ingame by that npc. Lets say you offer this with no actual fee but instead you take 20% from each sale and directly divert the provision to your own paypal account.

but this is a secret, so if YOU tell ANYONE that this Idea is there. i will come to your house...like bob ross :(

hey i know, lets make an arcemu idea contest and steal the best one ^^

greets

#7 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

How much of this would be ingame and how much of it would be web based?

From what I unterstand, you're talking about a really pimped out donation system, right?

#8 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

does www.thepingue.com in war with webow ? Posted Image ,i think yes
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

How much of this would be ingame and how much of it would be web based?

From what I unterstand, you're talking about a really pimped out donation system, right?

i would say it is 90% webbased as it would require mainly html,css,php (soap),mysql.

yes, that would be it in rough terms even though i think it is more difficile than that and also not neccessary even close/related to pservers and wow.

#10 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

woe, omg i must have been totally in another dimension for a second i guess lol but i had very much too much fun for about half an hour thinking about how it would even be possible to get an npc to "deliver" an item that has externally been inserted, and it might actually even work..

i dont have a box setup or a server running, and i have absolutely no clue if this might even do it, but i managed to write you a little draft about how this could actually work in lua ( :) :) ), you see i could gather this script i wrote somewhen in 2009 i think and i quickly disregarded the whole thing actually as i had other things to attend to but well, i took a look at it and exaggerated it a bit as for it to definately be my final lua contribution that till now had never been shared lol... but this might really work.

http://paste.arcemu....in.php?show=532

but remember what Blake said in the 1992 smashing movie Glengarry Glen Ross "These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you would be throwing them away. They're for closers." so do something useful with it.. ^^

i think we might move this topic to the workshop, maybe this could even work some day...

later

#11 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

does www.thepingue.com in war with webow ? ,i think yes

We had one, but it's died down by now. Did Webwow release a topsite script too? I haven't checked...

--

@iEzri: Mhm, this sounds like a good plan - except that there is one flaw. I am definetely not good enough at lua to attempt something like this by myself yet, considering how little practice I've had in such a long, long time.

But I actually found a little job to keep me busy for now - totally un wow related though :)

#12 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

We had one, but it's died down by now. Did Webwow release a topsite script too? I haven't checked...

I think no ,i haven't axe's id on my messenger for ages.
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

View PostBob Herman, on 16 July 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

I am definetely not good enough at lua to attempt something like this by myself yet, considering how little practice I've had in such a long, long time.

*cough* did you click the link?

#14 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

No, no I did. It's just that it seemed like you meant I would probably need to do some major edits when you said:

i have absolutely no clue if this might even do it, but i managed to write you a little draft about how this could actually work in lua

#15 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 17 July 2010 - 07:47 PM, said:

No, no I did. It's just that it seemed like you meant I would probably need to do some major edits when you said:

well, i think the major thing has already been done. ok. to precise it a little more.

- You will need a shopsystem to work with. Some simple cart system. BUT it will have to support vendor registration and some more fancy things so that the vendors (server owners) can register at your site to get a shop for theirs. wasnt there some free shop system in php like "marian cart" or what was the name again? i think i forgot. anyway..about anything will do. If a vendor has registered he can include his premade shop to his site, download the lua code and build his bonushandler (npc). He just puts items up, registers with his paypal email and spawns the npc in the major cities.

- You will need to look into php/soap connection to the paypal api to be able to make "Partial Captures" or so called "chained payments" to be able to divert your profit from the buyers total and send the rest to the rightful vendor (server owner).

- You will need to configure your Server to cron a function that looks for payment informations either per api or per email so that directly after a payment the order is marked as "payed" (for the script to be able to actually deliver the item).

- first at that point you will need to tweak the lua for reading the values not from a hardcoded lua table like it is now, but rather get the needed values for the orders by db. Then with some tweaking it should be finallized and tested to work ok.

so actually it is pretty much anything else than lua tbh... and with lua if not lua what actually do the most people on arcemu know about? c++? you kidding me? :D :)

comeon, i pretty much have done all thinking and parts of the work (you said you couldnt do) for you now. i am actually not in the position to really do this as i've made myself independent some weeks ago and am in soo much work i cant even believe it. It's just too much to attend to for the moment. and this is a real reason. I am making good money at the moment with a totally different thing. but in times i didnt make money i did think of this. and i bet many people would use this.

But i think its a good idea and if its easy enough many people would use this. you would actually - when finished - only have to host this and it would pretty much work for its own. Sometimes then you would visit your paypal account and find some money on it. and that is what you originally wanted, isnt it?

also i have given you a free idea now, and parts of the code. if i get my old vm recovered i might even give you a kind-of preconfigured shopsystem for it, that might be pretty suitable for this idea. You would then only have to look at paypal. They have a sandbox you might try out with which you can make payments as test.

so dont tell me you cant, because if you cant you shouldnt advertise any cms and topsites here anymore, as it is like 97% anything other than lua or c++ now. Its mostly html/css, maybe javascript/ajax, php,soap,mysql.

i mean i know i put you in a pressured position now, but you have the options to
- show us how good you really are or
- to just say "i don't wanna"
which both would be fine actually...

i just thought id help you to get some new ideas and start to be a little more creative. you seemed to need it somehow ^^

later,

#16 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Well, this does seem like a good idea - except the problem is that the work needed to put into this seems to be tremendous... and unfortunately, because of real life stuff, I simply don't have enough free time currently.

Before you suggested this, I did have an idea for something along these lines. So, if my schedule opens up, I'll definetely consider this again (and notify you, ofc :P ).

#17 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 19 July 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

Well, this does seem like a good idea - except the problem is that the work needed to put into this seems to be tremendous... and unfortunately, because of real life stuff, I simply don't have enough free time currently.

Before you suggested this, I did have an idea for something along these lines. So, if my schedule opens up, I'll definetely consider this again (and notify you, ofc :P ).

ok i bet you will hate me for this but here is some type of preconfigured shopsystem to work with it. so this is even easier now :)

http://filebin.ca/bkbysy/wowCart.ace

lol maybe i really should do this by myself and score big beautiful money with it but my scedule is also very tight. i had hoped you could do the other half of this, but it seems you also dont have the time to. hmm

anyone else brave enough to try to revive this ?

and bob. dont worry, you dont have to even interest yourself in this. it was afterall more just an idea about a new project you might like. but dont feel obligated to do this or so ^^

#18 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Well, me and pingue had planned to do something that was something that encompassed a script like this. This project was meant to be a wow 'rent a dev' site with tons of premade stuff from me, pingue and swiftsmoke.. We had a great design, and we were about to start the project when swift disapeared from the internet, Pingue went to university, and I became overly busy. So in short, the project never happened.

#19 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

View PostBob Herman, on 21 July 2010 - 03:13 PM, said:

So in short, the project never happened.

hehe, tell me about it :lol: really, don't worry, it was just a thought, maybe in some next millennium someone will dig this out and will get it to work or so :)

#20 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

If anyone's still interested, I did finish this and I am selling this. You can send me a PM if you wish to buy it :(

I've updated the very first post with all the features, and the link to a demo.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users