ArcEmu: [project Start] Fsdb - Funserver Database - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[project Start] Fsdb - Funserver Database Funserver Database

#1 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

FUNSERVER DATABASE
=====================================================================
Website : Funserver DB Homepage : http://fsdb.clan-stats.com/
SVN : COMING SOON

Hello, I know we don't have nothing right now this project is still in development stages and Planning,
But I wanted to post here so I would know the Impact of a ARCEMU Only Funserver Database, Please comment
on what you guys would like to have in a Funserver DATABASE.

NOTES :

"Rules of DB"
  • No Over Exacurated Items (Meaning no items with Extreme stats we are a funserver Database not a Lunatic Asylum)
  • No Personal Items (Please name them something World of Warcraft Users would Relate to, ;) Example : Pallypower Hammer of doom)
  • No Profanity, Rasisum, Religon Statements Ect
  • When a Object / Item / Code / Vender / other stuff is submited, the code belongs to the Project.

We are accepting Developers both SQL and LUA and C++ programmers into our project.

To join please Send me a Forum Msg.

Remember people this is gonna be a COMMUNITY Driven project.

Website coming soon.

(If the Arcemu would add a new Forum Category called "New Projects" would be helpful to us so we can post our work until we have a final version to post here)

#2 User is offline   Shadoxfix 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

A funserver need to be custom how are you gonna do that if you're gonna use the same database as others that is premade?

#3 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

View PostShadoxfix, on 24 May 2010 - 02:12 AM, said:

A funserver need to be custom how are you gonna do that if you're gonna use the same database as others that is premade?

I agree, do a blizzlike server or nothing at all...

#4 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

Whyw ould i want to do a blizzlike when there are several blizzlike db's already? isn't that like reinventing the wheel. i think we need a Funserver DB finaly.

#5 User is offline   Shadoxfix 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

View PostVandam, on 24 May 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

Whyw ould i want to do a blizzlike when there are several blizzlike db's already? isn't that like reinventing the wheel. i think we need a Funserver DB finaly.

A funserver needs to be custom.
Otherwise you will have multiple realms with same items.

#6 User is offline   martin197 

• Pip
  • Interests:Going to partys and getiin wasted

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

What you could do is give the option of importing a funserver database and or a blizzlike database.

#7 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

View PostRetrox, on 24 May 2010 - 05:46 PM, said:

What you could do is give the option of importing a funserver database and or a blizzlike database.

This is still up to grabs, i still gona call it FSDB, but we still have a option of just making the FUNSERVER DB part, I am not wanting to create everything from scratch, all this DB is for a funserver.

#8 User is offline   Nature 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Interests:C++, video editing, games

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

I think it is a great idea!!
And yes a funserver is custom but you need a solid base to customize :)
you can for instance put sql and other custom scripts separate from the base database
so users can select which fun part they want and which they do not
(or even generate a database when users fill in a form of there preferences)

I like your ideas about a fun server database, maybe I want to contribute but I have a lot on my mind lately so don't wait for me :P

#9 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Well i will be creating a site soon, just need to get the db in order to start.

#10 User is offline   Fyurie 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

If you need any help, I don't mind assisting, I'm not so busy nowadays.

#11 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

If you want to contact me about joining the project, please contact me inforum or at " fsdb@clan-stats.com "

#12 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Website Released. http://fsdb.clan-stats.com/index.php

#13 User is offline   lesone 

• Enthusiast
  • Group: Retired
  • Interests:Programming--
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:17 AM

Good luck mate :)

Much ppl likes funservers realms!

lesone-
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Helium 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Invest new things. Develop & improve IFDB. Help Arcemu community. * Space And Technology.& ofc GIRLS.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

lol why you need developers for a funserver database?

#15 User is offline   Datastream1 

• Pip
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

this is a terrible idea, why would anyone use this? so all the "fun" servers can have the same basic content? stop waisting your time this is pointless! Posted Image
Posted Image
need halp with a C++ script? message me! :P

#16 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

If you don't like it, don't download it, but don't critic someones work. maybe you should be removed, i believe everyone here should have a choice to develop something.

#17 User is offline   kp3 

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

View PostVandam, on 23 June 2010 - 03:15 PM, said:

If you don't like it, don't download it, but don't critic someones work. maybe you should be removed, i believe everyone here should have a choice to develop something.

If you don't criticize someone, how are they going to improve?
However, A funserver database is kind of dumb. If it was me, I'd release a set of custom areas and npc's as sql files to be imported to whatever database people are using, So they can add to their own funservers, or turn their normal database into a funserver one.

#18 User is offline   Chef Groovy 

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

View Postkp3, on 24 June 2010 - 08:01 AM, said:

However, A funserver database is kind of dumb. If it was me, I'd release a set of custom areas and npc's as sql files to be imported to whatever database people are using, So they can add to their own funservers, or turn their normal database into a funserver one.

Surely they are going to do more than just a database, it takes more than fancy weapons and leveling roads to make a fun server. Scripts is what makes them fun and unique.

But I agree, they should make it modularized so people could import certain parts/npcs

#19 User is offline   Vandam 

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

View Postkp3, on 24 June 2010 - 08:01 AM, said:

There is a way to critic and a way not, bashing someone cause a idea or project isnt quite the way to do it, offer things you would do but not say "Its a stupid idea" "Dont Do it". if a person wants to make a funserver db then why not. let them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users