ArcEmu: Rogue - Broken/partly Broken Spells & Talents - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Hasbro  : (06 April 2011 - 07:55 PM) We will not tolerate disrespect on our forums. If you believe a member of the staff or a member of the community is abusing our forums, please report their post.
Resize Shouts Area

Developing

Interesting in developing with us? Join us on IRC: irc.emulationnetwork.com:6667 #arcemu
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rogue - Broken/partly Broken Spells & Talents

#1 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

READ THIS: REPORT HERE BROKEN/PARTLY BROKEN SPELLS/ABILITIES/TALENTS OF THIS CLASS, OR MISSING/UNACCURATE INFORMATION ALREADY POSTED ON THE LIST BELOW. EVERYTHING MUST HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN REPRODUCED ON THE OFFICIAL ARCEMU TEST SERVER WITH THE LASTEST REVISION, OTHERWISE THE POST WILL BE DISCARDED AND THE POSTER WILL BE CONSIDERED AN UNRELIABLE MOFO.

The following information has been reproduced on the official ArcEmu test server, r3471.
Last update was done on August 16th, 2010.

Applied Patch/Fixed
Approved Patch
Important (Abuseable)

Notes:

1) Energy Bar shows wrong regeneration rate.(Cast SS when having 70 energy, sometimes it goes down to 30, sometimes to 50, 40). The energy regen increase talents such as adrenaline rush and combat potency do work, but you do not see the difference very well because that the bar does not go up fastly, but the Energy Bar will not be reduced by the correct ammount, sometimes it seems that you do not spend energy. (Test it with SS at 40 energy with Adrenaline Rush on).
2) Heightened Senses is a rogue talent that allows the rogue to see stealthed players/mobs when in certain angle and radius, it might be worth it to take a look at the scripts to fix stealth.

Broken/Partly Broken Abilities

Stealth - The only way to see a stealthed rogue is standing on him/her. If a rogue applies a DoT to an enemy and then he tries to stealth, as soon as the DoT tick damages the enemy, stealth will break (This should not happen). There are some abilities that bug stealth, read this ticket: http://www.arcemu.in...mu/ticket/1237.
Poisons - Application rate is too high and do not scale with AP.
Gouge - Removes the combo points and sometimes it fills them.
Sap - It works ok, but there is some bug related to Stealth, i don't know if it Sap Bug or Stealth bug. (Read Stealth Bugs)
Dismantle - It does not disarm Shield nor Ranged/Throwing weapons, it reduces the damage caused by abilities related to those items.
Cloak of Shadows - It does not give 90% of spell resistance.
Shiv - The off hand weapon damage has a chance to be critical.
Fan of Knives
Envenom - It's dealing physical damage, but it should be nature damage (not mitigated by armor), and the critical hits should do 2x damage. It does not consume the deadly poisons, but when used, it cannot be used again untill that the deadly poison stacks wear off the target and deadly poison is reapplied. Read this link
Garrote - Does less damage than what it is supposed to do.
Kick - Does not prevent from casting any spell of the school of the interrupted spell for 5 seconds.
Rupture - The dots do not have a chance to critically hit.
Deadly Throw - Combo Points Don't Reset After Been Used.

Broken/Partly Broken Talents

Assassination Tree

Ruthlessness - Adds 2 combo points instead of 1.
Vile Poisons - Dispel chance reduction does not work.
Improved Poisons - Broken.
Fleet Footed - Does not reduce the duration of movement impairing effects.
Quick Recovery - Does not refound the 80% of the finishing moves energy when they fail to hit.
Deadly Brew - Broken
Overkill - Broken
Master Poisoner - Broken
Turn the tables - When you get critically hitted, it procs, but it does not apply the effect.
Cut to the Chase - Broken
Hunger for Blood - It can be activated when the enemy has a Bleed effect on, but it does not apply the effect.

Combat Tree

Precision - It does not increase the chance to hit with poisons.
Riposte - It gets activated if the rogue dodges an attack too.
Mace Specialization - Broken
Improved Sprint - Broken
Nerves of Steel - Broken
Savage Combat - It does not increase the damage of offensive abilities against poisoned targets.
Unfair Advantage - Broken
Prey on the weak - Broken
Killing Spree - Broken

Subtlety Tree

Relentless Strikes - When procs the rogue recovers 25 energy 2 times (readed from the combat log), should be only one.
Master of Deception - Can't tell whether if it works or not, because of stealth bug (read stealth).
Serrated Blades - It does not reduce targets armor & i have not tested the increased damage of rupture on 3.3.3a.
Setup - It does not proc when fully resisting a spell, and procs more than once per second when dodge happens.
Initiative - Each rank add an extra chance to proc and an extra cp to the target (Cheap Shot adds 3 extra CP to the target with initiative rank 3).
Heightened Senses - Stealth detection works, but it does not reduce the chance to be hit by ranged/spells.
Dirty Deeds - The special abilities do not deal 10% extra damage when target is lower than 35% hp.
Enveloping Shadows - Broken
Premeditation - When you use premeditation, you add 2 combo points onto the target, those combo points should disappear when you use a finishing move, or if you dont use it within a period of 20 seconds. (thats how it should work).
Bug is that when you use it, it adds th 2 cp, but these cps wont go away if you use a finishing move. After than using Premeditation, all the CP added on the target, will stay for a period of 20 seconds, and you will be able to spam finishing moves.

Cheat Death - All the ranks have 100% chance to proc, and it does not reduce the damage taken by 90% for 3 seconds. (fixed in rev 4153)
Waylay - Broken
Honor Among Thieves - Broken
Shadowstep - The buffs that it should give are not working properly. When you cast it, you get a 9 sec buff with the same description of the spell, and then when it goes down to 8, it drops immediately to 2 seconds and the description changes to the one of the 70% speed buff.

If you want the Spells/Abilities/Talents of this class working properly, then help me out keeping this list up to date. Post your findings here!

#2 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Important bug added to the list!

If a rogue applies a DoT to an enemy and then he tries to stealth, as soon as the DoT tick damages the enemy, stealth will wear off. (This should not happen).

http://arcemu.info/t...emu/ticket/1139

#3 User is offline   Fyurie 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

Have you tried some of the rogue patches that WAmadeus has put up? I believe he's fixed Waylay and Deadly Brew. However, I don't have access to a server myself to test them.

#4 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

The fixes for Deadly Brew and Waylay have not yet been applied. :(

#5 User is offline   Fyurie 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Ah, so your list is only for those that have made it to SVN? I understand now. ;)

#6 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Ah, i know what you meant now. ;)
Since i don't have my own test realm, i can't test the patches, so i test in the Official Arcemu Test server.

#7 User is offline   WAmadeus 

• Cunning Code Composer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Developers

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

Vold, is Rupture generating critical strikes?

#8 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

Nope.

#9 User is offline   WAmadeus 

• Cunning Code Composer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Patch notes of 3.3.3 says that Rupture can generate critical strikes.

#10 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Indeed, i will add it to the list.

#11 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Added: http://www.arcemu.in...emu/ticket/1237

Some issues related to stealth and vanish.

P.S: Thanks for fixing Stealth/DoT issue! :wub:

#12 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

While stealthed:

If you use Distract, the enemy will see you as if you wouln't be in stealth mode.
If you use Sap, the enemy will see you as if you wouldn't be in stealth mode.
If you use Gouge, and then while the target is incapacitated, you use Vanish or Stealth, the enemy will see you as if you wouldn't be in stealth mode.
If you Stun the target, and while stunned you use Blind, and then while the target is Stunned & Disoriented, you use Vanish or Stealth. The enemy will see you as if you wouldn't be in stealth mode.

#13 User is offline   Akamaran 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

If you use Deadly Throw, The combo point do not get used.

#14 User is offline   Vold 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Changed my mind, thanks for helping though.

#15 User is offline   Akamaran 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

Spells:
83% Spells Fixed
17% of Spells Need Fixing

Talents:
21% Talents Fixed
79% of Talents Need Fixing

Deadly Throw - Combo Points Don't Reset After Been Used

#16 User is offline   Neo_mat 

• drunken bear rider
  • PipPipPip
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

Envenom - It's dealing physical damage, but it should be nature damage (not mitigated by armor), and the critical hits should do 2x damage. It does not consume the deadly poisons, but when used, it cannot be used again untill that the deadly poison stacks wear off the target and deadly poison is reapplied. Read this link

Actually, if you are not specced into Master Poisoner 3/3, it will consume poisons.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am 91% addicted to World of Warcraft. What about you?

#17 User is offline   Akamaran 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Cold Blood - Aura dosent go away after been used
Temp.FIXED

Stealth - The only way to see a stealthed rogue is standing on him/her. If a rogue applies a DoT to an enemy and then he tries to stealth, as soon as the DoT tick damages the enemy, stealth will break (This should not happen). There are some abilities that bug stealth
Temp.FIXED

#18 User is offline   WAmadeus 

• Cunning Code Composer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostAkamaran, on 18 August 2010 - 01:11 PM, said:

Cold Blood - Aura dosent go away after been used
FIXED

Stealth - The only way to see a stealthed rogue is standing on him/her. If a rogue applies a DoT to an enemy and then he tries to stealth, as soon as the DoT tick damages the enemy, stealth will break (This should not happen). There are some abilities that bug stealth
FIXED

Man,

These spells aren't fixed yet. They weren't applied to trunk.

#19 User is offline   Akamaran 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Their temp fix i updated links

#20 User is offline   Neo_mat 

• drunken bear rider
  • PipPipPip
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

Rupture - The dots do not have a chance to critically hit.

Are you sure? Can anyone test it and report back? Took a look at that and found
[/size][/color]				// Rupture can be critical in patch 3.3.3
				if( sp->NameHash == SPELL_HASH_RUPTURE )
[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#000000][size=3]					return true;[/size][/color]

in Aura::DotCanCrit()
So guess it should be working as intended... Can't test at the moment, but will try when I will have some time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am 91% addicted to World of Warcraft. What about you?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users