ArcEmu: [release] Emueyes - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[release] Emueyes An emulator monitoring utility (EMU)

#1 User is offline   dwayne2700 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

The main reason I have been playing around with ArcEmu and some of the other emulators is to help me learn a little programming. I have been playing around with C# and worked up a little program to monitor ArcEmu servers. I have only been learning C# for a couple of months and this is my first shot at a program and would be grateful for some advice and feedback.

EMUEyes Features:
-Coded in C#.
-Supports one logon server and 5 world servers.
-Monitors servers for crashes and restarts.
-You can select the server you would like to restart each day and the time you would like the restart to begin.
-Allows consoles to be hidden.
-Start and Stop with click of button.
-Main screen is small and can be faded to reduce screen clutter.

The Main Screen (Logon)
Posted Image

The Main Screen (World)
Posted Image

The Settings Screen
Posted Image

Version 1.0.0.1 - Download

Compiled Version

Source Code

While I have done some testing I would not say this is fully tested. Please let me know of issues that you have with the program. As Hasbro has said we all need to contribute to the project. I am not even close to the level of helping with the emulator but I wanted to try and throw my two cents in somehow.

#2 User is offline   kamakaze 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

I really like the looks of this! I'll test and leave some feedback <_<
I've been using the HaKaShi restarter for years, maybe its time to move to something with more features.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   dwayne2700 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

I had couple of issues with the daily restart, so I updated the links about to ver. 1.0.0.1. Sorry about that, try this one instead.

#4 User is offline   kamakaze 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Ive been running it for a few days and had no issues. Even with the daily restart.
Its a brillaint tool, but... it has a strange unproffesional feel to it.

When im hovering over the UI the arrow mover appears which sometimes im trying to hover over a button i dont know if i can click it or not.
I think if a more simple, user friendly, UI was applied it would be amazing.
There just seems to be a few to many boxes & buttons, like the ones by daily restart time. I tried for about 5 minutes trying to figure out why i couldnt change the time. When the option isnt actually there, its in the setting panel. But the boxes make it look like there should be a control there.

:) Other than that, its a sweet tool! GJ!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   dwayne2700 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback. As to the daily restart and current time on the logon panel, I think I was trying to fill space and thought it would be a good idea. Perhaps I should make it where the daily restart can be changed at both locations or just take it off of the logon panel.

Other than those, what other changes would give it a more professional feel.

Once I get this part looking pretty good, I think I am going to look at some other features like: MOTD, create accounts... stuff like that.

Oh, what do you think about it automatically checking for updates?

Again, thanks.

View Postkamakaze, on 28 April 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

Ive been running it for a few days and had no issues. Even with the daily restart.
Its a brillaint tool, but... it has a strange unproffesional feel to it.

When im hovering over the UI the arrow mover appears which sometimes im trying to hover over a button i dont know if i can click it or not.
I think if a more simple, user friendly, UI was applied it would be amazing.
There just seems to be a few to many boxes & buttons, like the ones by daily restart time. I tried for about 5 minutes trying to figure out why i couldnt change the time. When the option isnt actually there, its in the setting panel. But the boxes make it look like there should be a control there.

:) Other than that, its a sweet tool! GJ!

#6 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

View Postdwayne2700, on 28 April 2010 - 09:21 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback. As to the daily restart and current time on the logon panel, I think I was trying to fill space and thought it would be a good idea. Perhaps I should make it where the daily restart can be changed at both locations or just take it off of the logon panel.

Other than those, what other changes would give it a more professional feel.

Once I get this part looking pretty good, I think I am going to look at some other features like: MOTD, create accounts... stuff like that.

Oh, what do you think about it automatically checking for updates?

Again, thanks.

If you could add an automatic backup system for the World and Logon databases that would be great.

For example:

- pick the day it starts
- The time it starts
- Where it saves to

Automatic updating would be good too.

#7 User is offline   dwayne2700 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

That is why I added the ability to run a batch file with your daily restart. Here is a sample of my batch file.

@echo off 
echo Backing up Character Database... 
c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqldump -u usernamehere -ppasswordhere --result-file="c:\xampp\playground\sqlbackup\backupcharacter.%DATE:~0,3%.sql" arc_character
echo Backing up Logon Database... 
c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqldump -u usernamehere -ppasswordhere --result-file="c:\xampp\playground\sqlbackup\backuplogon.%DATE:~0,3%.sql" arc_logon
echo All Done!

It backs up my character and logon database.

You can add all you want to the batch file and if it is selected and the check box is checked it will run it when it does the daily restart.

To the two datetimepickers that are not enabled. How about this? Instead of showing the current time and the time the restart will run, it just shows when the restart will run if a server checkbox for daily restart or the run batch checkbox has been checked. Like this:

Posted Image

View PostOgchaos, on 29 April 2010 - 01:11 AM, said:

If you could add an automatic backup system for the World and Logon databases that would be great.

For example:

- pick the day it starts
- The time it starts
- Where it saves to

Automatic updating would be good too.

#8 User is offline   Jewel 

• Pip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

You should check out SendMessage pinvoke.
With it you could send some announcements to consoles. Test it and try it :). It could be awesome!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users