ArcEmu: [beta] Reaper-cms Pack - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[beta] Reaper-cms Pack Beta Testers needed!

#1 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

Here's the deal. I've hunted around, and i can't seem to find a stable, well documented website for arcemu. There are several that are kinda outdated, or so custom that you rely on a single person's advice to install / fix / update.

This is kinda sad for me, as i LOVE messing around with websites, and i really like a finished, well working, full featured site.

So i decided to take it upon myself to do just that. I also wanted to create something that could be maintained by the individual, with little to no hassle of waiting for a forum responses from me.

There are a myriad of readily available website, forum, and CMS scripts out there, and some of them are well known, and well maintained by their development team. In order to keep the site as feature rich, secure, and well documented as i feel they should be, i've put together this CMS pack.

It contains all that is needed to get you up and going, with room for growth, improvement, and best of all, UPGRADEABILITY!
I am leaving all credit, and package branding intact for all of the original packages for the exception of the Frozen Blade Enhanced (it looks cleaner without it) By no means am i taking credit for any of the core coding of these packages, they are rightfully thiers.

All of that being said. I am Currently looking for a few beta testers to help me nail out any problems with the package BEFORE i release it to the wild.

WHAT IS REQUIRED OF TESTERS:
Knowledge:
This CMS is not small, it is complex, and you MUST be able to work with your databases, and webserver well.

Server Requirements:
ArcEmu must be on the same server to place the stats.xml file in the proper location, this is required for the flashmap, If your ArcAmu server is on a different machine, or doesn't have access to put this file here, or if you don't want to use the flashmap, the README.TXT tells you how to disable it.

Apache, or similar HTTPD server
PHP
MySQL or MySQLi

HDD Space: This is a large site. Most of this size is due to icons for armory linking (yet to be implemented with private server armory's)
Zipped Size: 114mb
Unzipped: 145mb size on disk

This site may or may not work with XAMP, if it does GREAT!

Features include:
Blizz-like portal appearance
Fully featured Forums
Flashmap
Character tools
Calendar
User management
bot trapping
and a host of other features too many to list them all.

This pack is based on the following packages:
CREDITS:
phpbb3 . . . .v3.0.5 . . . . . <------ http://http://www.phpbb.com/
pbwow . . . . vRC3 . . . . . . <------ http://pbwow.com/
portal III . .v1.0.4 . . . . . <------ http://www.board3.de/
flashmap . . .v1.6 . . . . . . <------ http://arcemu.org/fo...p?showtopic=667
Character tools:
The character tools are an extremely modified version of Furt's Frozen Blade Enhanced project.
Because i'm too lazy to actually re-code all of the tools myself, i decided to integrate his work into
this project. All credit goes to him for the character tools and game account creation.
His project can be found here: http://arcemu.org/fo...opic=18631&st=0

NOTES:

Game Accounts:
Due to the complexity of all scripts, you'll notice that creating a site account does NOT
create a game account. You need to inform some people of this. Creating a game account can only
be done ONCE a user is logged into the site, this is for security, as well as maintain the
the integrity, and upgradability of all the packages involved.

-=[ !!! IMPORTANT !!! ]=-

SPECIAL IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PHPBB3:
I am currently using phpbb3 v3.0.5, and you cannot upgrade it to v3.0.6 yet.
The reson you should NOT upgrade phpbb from the ACP is because pbwow has not released vRC4 yet.
When they do, you should download it, read the install instructions VERY THUROUGHLY. Once read
and understood, upgrade your phpb3, and then upgrade your pbwow.

If you are interested in being a Beta Tester, please leave a comment.

-=[ EDIT ]=-
I forgot to mention in the README.TXT file that you will need to edit your arcemu world conf
Change the stats setting so it will put your stats.xml into:
[ROOT]/stats/

Download from MegaUpload

-=[ ArcAiN6 ]=-

Screenshots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Waffles, or Cookies.... or Pie..... There are too many choices in life, when in doubt, go with PIE!!

#2 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

So you're basically taking phpBB and using PBWoW"s portal for a theme and putting in Frozen Blade's tools?

#3 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

View PostBob Herman, on 21 December 2009 - 11:42 AM, said:

So you're basically taking phpBB and using PBWoW"s portal for a theme and putting in Frozen Blade's tools?

Yes. In short
Mainly because there are alot of people out there that don't really understand the whole proceedure involved doing just that.
Waffles, or Cookies.... or Pie..... There are too many choices in life, when in doubt, go with PIE!!

#4 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

So what are the testers for? :P

#5 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

To make sure it's stable on most platforms, some people use xampp, some use apache on linux, some use iis, the main goal here is to take the work out if it for the user, and still retain the credits to the original script creators, there are quite alot of " blizzlike " sites out ther, and more than a few are horrable concoctions of scripts where all the credits are removed, and it's poorly integrated together.

The goal here is stability, reliability, security, ease of install / use, and upgrade.

Package has been released AS-IS. I will help those who may need it..

#6 User is offline   Myrin 

• Pip

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

THANK YOU! thank you so much for this wonderful website and forum :D it works great under XAMPP btw, only thing is if you look on top it will be some errors, just go into rootdirectory/config.php
and delete the 2 lines at the bottom so it's 17 lines not 19 :) and even if i turn off the captcha thingy it still shows to the ones that want to signup, any way to change that?! will post more if i see any

one more thing, is when i go to the site i want it to show the website not the forum, how do i change that?

And when i click the "Forums" button it redirects me to "http://wow.sinful-flesh.com/index.php" how do i change that?

#7 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostMyrin, on 22 December 2009 - 08:17 AM, said:

THANK YOU! thank you so much for this wonderful website and forum :D it works great under XAMPP btw, only thing is if you look on top it will be some errors, just go into rootdirectory/config.php
and delete the 2 lines at the bottom so it's 17 lines not 19 :) and even if i turn off the captcha thingy it still shows to the ones that want to signup, any way to change that?! will post more if i see any

one more thing, is when i go to the site i want it to show the website not the forum, how do i change that?

And when i click the "Forums" button it redirects me to "http://wow.sinful-flesh.com/index.php" how do i change that?

ah.. yes.. i knew i was forgetting something

Captcha, if you are talking about the captcha image displayed when people want to create a game account, that is part of the script it's hard-coded in. In all honesty, it's in your best interest to keep it there, will keep bots from hounding your server.

I'll see if i can't work on it to create a switch somewhere to disable / enable that.

Editing the top nav links:
Sorry i forgot to put a message there...

edit [ROOT]styles/pbwow/template/custom/top_navigation.html
replace http://wow.sinful-flesh.com/index.php with ./index.php

if that doesn't work, you'll need to put the full URL there

Make portal Page Default
create a .htaccess file in [ROOT]
add this code to it making sure there is an extra blank line at the end:

<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

restart webserver. as for the errors, i don't know what errors you are getting.

#8 User is offline   Myrin 

• Pip

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

thank you, now portal is the homepage, but about the forum it still dont work it takes me to "http://wow.sinful-flesh.com/index.php".
And the captcha thingy is done, just needed to go in to forum ACP and turn it off <_<

Thank you
Myrin

#9 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

View PostMyrin, on 22 December 2009 - 08:31 PM, said:

thank you, now portal is the homepage, but about the forum it still dont work it takes me to "http://wow.sinful-flesh.com/index.php".
And the captcha thingy is done, just needed to go in to forum ACP and turn it off :P

Thank you
Myrin

which forum link are you talking about?
hrm.. i think i might have forgottent to edit the database.

open your database using either phpmyadmin, navicat, or if you can from the mysql promt, and issue the following:

Be sure to replace all instance of admin@YOURDOMAIN.com with your e-mail
Be sure to replace all www.YOURDOMAIN.com with your domain name.

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = "admin@YOURDOMAIN.com" WHERE config_value = "admin@sinful-flesh.com";
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = "www.YOURDOMAIN.com" WHERE config_value = "wow.sinful-flesh.com";
UPDATE phpbb_config SET confiv_value = "www.YOURDOMAIN.com" WHERE config_value = "WoW.Sinful-Flesh.com";

once you do that, you should be good to go, if you still have the issue, you'll need to be more spacific what link you are clicking to get taken to the wrong forum.

#10 User is offline   grim1214 

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Im new to all this.

iv DL'ed it how do i make it into a website lol. like is their a tool i use??

also can some1 send me link to a GOOD tutoral?? lol

Is their any copyright on this????

This post has been edited by grim1214: 02 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Kirth 

• Pip
  • Interests:Chaaarlieeee!

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

Let me just ask you this: "are you retarded?" :P

#12 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

Let me just ask you this: "Are you an unhelpful dipshit beyond compare?"

Grim, you can use Apache to run your website. If you need help, look it up on google.

#13 User is offline   Skovisen 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hey buddy!
Nice work what you've done here! I like the look and your initiative to do it yourself, usually works best that way :)
Have fun with it!

#14 User is offline   Hoedje 

• Pip

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Finnaly i found a good site for my server!
Thanks.!

#15 User is offline   Systek 

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Great Work :D

Support it other Langs? When Yes ... Who can edit it ^^

#16 User is offline   bong25 

• Pip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

Just for your Info, delete the files inside "cache" folder before you config and test the website. ;)

#17 User is offline   ominae 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

hi could any one offer me some advice i got the site working but i have a few problems

the first seems to be the header or somthing there anyway but it seems to mess arround with everything
els to i will show as i get to it

Header error
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3863: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3865: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3866: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3867: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)

Tools error
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(..\Server\tmp\sess_b5a27ec068cb0a5347102359032cd270, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 2

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php:2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 2

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php:2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php:2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php:2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 6

ACP error
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)

all these errors seem to be in the header of the page but my php skills are week so i do not
know how to fix them is there any one out there that can help with this please.....

My Site

this is running on my wow server btw just a fun one for me an a few mates
we like to build instance

#18 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

headers already sent

...means you already have started the session.

"..\Server\tmp\sess_b5a27ec068cb0a5347102359032cd270"

seems not to be a valid path or file. (what is this anyway??)

my php skills are week so i do not know how to fix them

Great! So now you know what you need to read about. Btw. If your tv is broken, do you fix it yourself or do you pay someone to repair it? You might have similar options in here too. But just saying "I am too **** and not willing to think for myself or do anything besides ask others" will not help you much imo...
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

#19 User is offline   ominae 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

acctualy iff the tv brok in my house i will fix it or bin it just as an fyi

the same for this you have told me what i already know and am trying to fix
i did say this in the post i made week skills not none please do it for me

but askin for help makes is easyer and i learn a lill faster and can get the
site working faster....

and please for furter refrence dotn put works in my mouth but feel free to quote
and flame that is your right i did not say nore imply

"I am too **** and not willing to think for myself or do anything besides ask others"

thanx a lot :D

#20 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)

No such file or directory (2) in D:\Cyber City Server\Server\htdocs\tools\agreement.php on line 2

in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /config.php:19)

now tell me, what is there you don't understand ? + without some code i won't be able to tell you anything more specific. have you asked that "ArcAiN6" dude yet? pm him and let him make himself useful...

you see, i don't want to flame you, it just sometimes seems mi engrish and my expression skills are a little ribald sometime... ;)

but you really ought to do something about your php skills then.
or dont.
or trash it and use something else.
bob hermans uber-advertised "thepingue" cms ?

(omg who thought this really is me writing something like that.. )
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users