ArcEmu: Report Bad Instance, Quest, Or World Scripts Here! - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Labels

Make sure when posting a help or release topic you put [c++] or [lua] BEFORE your topic title!
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Report Bad Instance, Quest, Or World Scripts Here!

#1 User is offline   alleycat 

• Helps so much & is so mature & gay
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

To help push Arcemu towards a more blizzlike experience, it is not only important to report core bugs so you have a flawless world, but to create an all around blizzlike experience, we need to perfect our scripts to. If you run a blizzlike server on Arc scripts, please report even the smallest bugs! You can post those reports here.

Format:
Title:

Problem:

Instance/Quest/Zone Name:

Revision:

Extra Notes:

Thanks!
I can haz cookie?

#2 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Retired

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Firstly, thank you for this thread. Let me just say this before we get started: The Lua scripts from the 'lua' folder are not blizzlike, and are generally crap all round. So, we're putting that under the "needs-to-be-completely-redone" pile, and please don't report errors about scripts from the 'lua' folder here.

On the other hand, if you have a blizzlike replacement for a script in the 'lua' folder, feel free to post it.

Thank you!
Please don't PM me asking to fix, correct or look-over your scripts. Please post a new thread in the Lua Scripting section so others can learn and help.

#3 User is offline   alleycat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

This not only applies to bad scripts, but also half-functional scripts, or World, Instances, Or Quests that still need to be scripted.
I can haz cookie?

#4 User is offline   Lost Legend 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

View Posthypersniper, on 07 December 2009 - 03:49 AM, said:

Firstly, thank you for this thread. Let me just say this before we get started: The Lua scripts from the 'lua' folder are not blizzlike, and are generally crap all round. So, we're putting that under the "needs-to-be-completely-redone" pile, and please don't report errors about scripts from the 'lua' folder here.

So where are we supposed to report issues with those scripts?

Also where are the new scripts going to be put so that I know what scripts to report about here. :)

Thanks!
OS - Windows XP 32bit
Server - Patch 3.3.2 r3174
Database - NCDB 101 Rev. 3031
Scripts - r1181

#5 User is offline   alleycat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

All the scripts that fall under this category are all the scripts in the scripts folder, with the exception of any lua scripts.
I can haz cookie?

#6 User is offline   Lost Legend 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Curse me and my need for absolution. So every script in Trunk\src\scripts that isn't a .lua file?
OS - Windows XP 32bit
Server - Patch 3.3.2 r3174
Database - NCDB 101 Rev. 3031
Scripts - r1181

#7 User is offline   Soron 

• Pip
  • Interests:ArcEmu, Programming: VB.Net, PHP, XML, XHTML, Linux x64

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

Don't know if this is a core issue or scripts, In Acherus (DeathKnight starting arae) when I go on the teleport pad thing to go to level 2 it always crashes the client machines, the server is fine and still online, next time you log back in you are on level 2 like it did teleport you, odd thing is is that it only does it for 1 direction, teleporting from level 1 to level 2, but it does not crash when you teleport back from level 2 to level 1.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. . It's How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. ---Rocky Balboa

#8 User is offline   streetkiller 

• Pip

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

Title: Totally bugged .lua
Problem:In the svn there is an file called Ascent-Kil'Jaeden.lua in the development folder.
I tested it in arcemu-world.exe you get atleast 14~15 errors.
All with the comment the lua function does not exist.
(it's ascent so you now probaly why)
Instance/Quest/Zone Name:Kil'Jaeden
Revision:ArcScript 1027
Extra Notes:Fix it or just delete it from the svn

#9 User is offline   alleycat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

On the other hand, if you have a blizzlike replacement for a script in the 'lua' folder, feel free to post it.

Thank you!

^
I can haz cookie?

#10 User is offline   Soron 

• Pip
  • Interests:ArcEmu, Programming: VB.Net, PHP, XML, XHTML, Linux x64

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Patch submitted for Ascent-Kiljaeden issue.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. . It's How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. ---Rocky Balboa

#11 User is offline   streetkiller 

• Pip

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:28 AM

View Postalleycat, on 19 December 2009 - 07:44 PM, said:

^

Where to get the blizzlike scripts then?

#12 User is offline   Dzjhenghiz 

• حشّاشين
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30002 and probably also http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30001 are not selectable in game, this is due to a wrong define of duke lankral so prolly also of blackmaw, this was first in naxx script defined and changed already 2 x ;) So idk why it got in there again

anyways i changed the 3 to a 6 and the duke is working again xD

Index: Raid_BlackTemple.cpp
===================================================================
--- Raid_BlackTemple.cpp	(revision 1053)
+++ Raid_BlackTemple.cpp	(working copy)
@@ -4274,8 +4274,8 @@
 #define USE_SHADOW_PRISON	// aggroes a lot of mobs/NPCs if they are not friendly to Illidan

// Unselectable Trigger AI
-#define CN_DOOR_EVENT_TRIGGER	30001
-#define CN_FACE_TRIGGER			30002
+#define CN_DOOR_EVENT_TRIGGER	60001
+#define CN_FACE_TRIGGER			60002

class UnselectableTriggerAI : public MoonScriptCreatureAI
 {

Need Help With Arcemu ? ^^
Posted Image
Concordia res parvae crescunt In varietate concordia
Spoiler

#13 User is offline   alleycat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

I guess you people don't want things fixed :-P
I can haz cookie?

#14 User is offline   Suicide 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

made an attempt for a script HERE
for http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=12645

just noticed that I probably have posted it in the wwrong section.

it's only a partial fix yet, cause I still have some issues with it, that's why I posted, maybe it can be put in the right section?

sincerely
Veni, Vidi, Mori (I came, I saw, I died)

#15 User is offline   alleycat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

When I get home in a little, I will commit a modified version of the script you are working on. Are those the all the possible things for them to say, or is there more? If there is more, update the script, so when I start working on it when I get home, I can commit a complete version. Thanks Suicide!
I can haz cookie?

#16 User is offline   Suicide 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

as far as I found, it was all the possible things for them to say, and they have to say it after eachother, the issue I have is that either they say it all @ once, or only the 1st thing, my intention was to make it on some kind of timer like ~2 or 3 sec interval.
Veni, Vidi, Mori (I came, I saw, I died)

#17 User is offline   Dzjhenghiz 

• حشّاشين
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

Found a error in blacktemple script, it was using a creature ID of a npc in storm peaks

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30003

this part of the script i commented out, since its hackfixed spawning a creature to cast a spell and then despawn?

Index: src/InstanceScripts/Raid_BlackTemple.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/InstanceScripts/Raid_BlackTemple.cpp	(revision 1264)
+++ src/InstanceScripts/Raid_BlackTemple.cpp	(working copy)
@@ -4298,12 +4298,12 @@
 #define CN_FLAME_CRASH				23336
 #define FLAME_CRASH_EFFECT			40836
 #define FLAME_CRASH_EFFECT_DESPAWN	120000	// time in ms
-
+/* dj, commented it out as its ID beeing used in WOTLK, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30003
 // Flame Burst settings
 #define CN_FLAME_BURST				30003
 #define FLAME_BURST					41131
 #define FLAME_BURST_DESPAWN			1000	// time in ms
-
+*/
 class GenericTriggerAI : public MoonScriptCreatureAI
 {
 	MOONSCRIPT_FACTORY_FUNCTION(GenericTriggerAI, MoonScriptCreatureAI);
@@ -4331,10 +4331,10 @@
 			mSpellId = FLAME_CRASH_EFFECT;
 			mDespawnTimer = FLAME_CRASH_EFFECT_DESPAWN;
 			break;
-		case CN_FLAME_BURST:
-			mSpellId = FLAME_BURST;
-			mDespawnTimer = FLAME_BURST_DESPAWN;
-			break;
+//		case CN_FLAME_BURST:
+//			mSpellId = FLAME_BURST;
+//			mDespawnTimer = FLAME_BURST_DESPAWN;
+//			break;
 		}

if (mSpellId == 0)
@@ -4362,10 +4362,10 @@
 		Despawn(mDespawnTimer, 0);
 		RemoveAIUpdateEvent();

-		if (_unit->GetEntry() == CN_FLAME_BURST)
-		{
-			_unit->SetUInt64Value(UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS, UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE);
-		}
+//		if (_unit->GetEntry() == CN_FLAME_BURST)
+//		{
+//			_unit->SetUInt64Value(UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS, UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE);
+//		}
 	}

void Destroy()
@@ -6621,7 +6621,7 @@
 					mShadowDemonsTimer = 120000;
 					return;
 				}
-				if (mFlameBurstTimer <= 0)
+/*				if (mFlameBurstTimer <= 0)
 				{
 					CastSpellNowNoScheduling(mFlameBurst);
 					for (set< Object* >::iterator itr = _unit->GetInRangePlayerSetBegin(); itr != _unit->GetInRangePlayerSetEnd(); ++itr) 
@@ -6645,8 +6645,8 @@

mFlameBurstTimer += 20000;
 					return;
-				}
-
+				} 
+*/
 				uint32 Spell = RandomUInt()%100;
 				if (Spell >= 0 && Spell <= 80)
 					CastSpellNowNoScheduling(mShadowBlast);
@@ -7289,7 +7289,7 @@
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_EYE_BEAM_TRIGGER, &EyeBeamTriggerAI::Create);
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_FLAME_CRASH, &GenericTriggerAI::Create);
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_BLAZE_EFFECT, &GenericTriggerAI::Create);
-	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_FLAME_BURST, &GenericTriggerAI::Create);
+	//mgr->register_creature_script(CN_FLAME_BURST, &GenericTriggerAI::Create);
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_FLAME_OF_AZZINOTH, &FlameOfAzzinothAI::Create);
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_SHADOW_DEMON, &ShadowDemonAI::Create);
 	mgr->register_creature_script(CN_PARASITIC_SHADOWFIEND, &ParasiticShadowfiendAI::Create);

[attachment=2438:BlacktempleFix_Gnarlhide.patch]
Need Help With Arcemu ? ^^
Posted Image
Concordia res parvae crescunt In varietate concordia
Spoiler

#18 User is offline   Nature 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Interests:C++, video editing, games

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

Title: Random values as flightpath price

Problem: When creating a custom flightpath by LuaTaxi:CreateTaxi() the price of the fp is random (not initialized)
I don't know how to set the price in Lua but it would be nice if this is initialized at 0 at the contructor or the function CreateTaxi()

Instance/Quest/Zone Name: -

Revision: 3267(core)/1264(script)

Extra Notes: -

#19 User is offline   Totoro 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

I was testing Deadmines and found alot of little things to be fixed (I wonder if the scripter has even checked wowwiki/wowhead how it's supposed to be) like Defias Miners casting Piercing Shot even though they're not supposed to. Defias Overseers don't cast their ability Battle Command, instead they use Pierce Armor (not supposed to). Also I don't know if this is a bug but I think it would be better if Defias Evokers cast Quick Flame Ward only when they (or their allies) are being attacked by fire spells. Defias Watchman at Rhahk'Zor are facing wrong direction and they are not aggroed if you encounter Rhahk'Zor (unless you get really close). Defias Watchman are not supposed to have Frostbolt. And their Shoot ability is not supposed to be applied to every melee attack. Also they shouldn't knock back players. Patrols that spawn behind players after Rhahk'Zor is dead don't attack players, even if you attack them. Goblin Woodcarvers are supposed to use Axe Toss and Cleave (they use neither) and they're not supposed to have Shoot ability. Also would be good if Sneed's Shredder didn't cast Distracting Pain on non-casters. There are two doors on top of each other after Sneed and three doors after Gilnid. Defias Gunpowder and the cannon blowing up the door should also be fixed. Edwin VanCleef is supposed to use Thrash. Also for some reason bosses sometimes don't provide their blue loot.

Revision 3938

#20 User is offline   Totoro 

• Pip

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Title/instance: Karazhan

Problem:
Bosses:
- Servant's Quarters random spawn bosses are not scripted.
- Attumen the Huntsman's mount Midnight is supposed to call any non-cleared undead horse trash mobs to fight. The Huntsman himself is not wielding his sword. When Attumen mounts his mount he becomes kinda laggy: For a moment he just stands there if there are no targets within his range.
- At Moroes there are no adds (the four nobles)
- Maiden of Virtue has no attack animation. Normal melee-swings are done damaging players but the boss just stands there instead of swinging fists. Also Holy Ground is supposed to silence every second.
- Opera Event doesn't start when talking with Barnes
- Terestian Illhoof is misplaced in his room. He is also supposed to berserk after 10 minutes of battle.
- Shade of Aran doesn't cast his spells as frequently as he should, meaning sometimes he spends few seconds just standing instead of casting. Circular Blizzard doesn't work. Flame Wreath casting time is not shown and its auras are not visible. Also his Arcane Missiles-spell is bugged: sometimes instead of damaging a player it damages Aran and the missile graphics launch from the player to Aran instead of vice versa, and sometimes it does nothing, never damages a player anyway. Aran is supposed to mass-polymorph players before he starts drinking and cast mass-pyroblast afterwards. His Conjured Water Elementals are supposed to cast waterbolts. Shadows of Arans that spawn after 12 minutes should AoE players. Instead, they are friendly and do nothing and players can't attack them. And after Aran is aggroed the door to the room is supposed to get locked which sometimes happen but sometimes it can be opened during a fight. Not sure what cause this.
- Netherspite's beams and portals don't work, void zones don't damage players when they are stood on. Netherspite is also supposed to enrage after 9 minutes.
- Chess Event is not scripted
- At Prince Malchezaar, sometimes the infernals don't spawn and the times they do, they don't deal any damage to players with their Hellfire. They also remain standing there even if Malchezaar is killed (not sure if it's supposed to be that way), at phase two, Prince's axes don't have graphics (just weird blue/white-colored boxes in his hands instead) and he doesn't use Thrash or Parry. Also his Sunder Armor doesn't appear to have any effect on player's armor although he uses the ability. At phase three, he's not supposed to stop casting Shadow Nova and the axes are supposed to start fly on their own attacking players.
- Nightbane is not summoned when activating blackened urn on Master's Terrace.

Trash Mobs:
- None of the trash mobs are scripted

Quests:
- NPC Kamsis (starts and/or ends quests: Kamsis, The Shade of Aran and The Master's Terrace) is not scripted making it impossible to advance in questline Medivh's Journal.
- Unable to complete The Master's Terrace quest in Medivh's Journal questline. After you activate Medivh's Journal on Master's Terrace there should be a vision of conversation and fight between Medivh and Arcanogos-dragon. This doesn't happen so it's impossible to complete this quest.
- Nightbane is not summoned when activating the blackened urn on Master's Terrace making the quest Nightbane in questline Medivh's Journal impossible to complete.
- There are four quests of Down the Violet Path for any player after you get honored rep with The Violet Eye. There is supposed to be only one of those per player depending on which quest you chose before: Path of the Violet Assassin, Protector, Mage or Restorer. Meaning, if you completed Path of the Violet Restorer to get healer's Violet Signet (ring) you should only be able to complete Down the Violet Path which provides a better healer ring. Instead, if you want, you can get them all: tank, melee, caster and healer rings.
- Quest: Arcane Disturbances cannot be completed because one of the requirements: "Underground Pond Reading" can't be met. You should be able to get "Undergroung Well Reading" from the well and "pond reading" from the pond. Instead now you get "well reading" from either place and "pond reading" nowhere.
- Quest: Contact from Dalaran shouldn't be obtainable before you complete Arcane Disturbances and Restless Activity.

Other (less important):
- Talking to NPC Berthold gives three options: "What is this place?", "Where is Medivh?" and "How do you navigate the tower?" Clicking on any of these won't bring the next text window.
- When talked NPC Calliard should say: "Am I hearing things?", instead of "Hey there, <name>. How can I help you?"
- When talked NPC Sebastian is supposed to say: "Greetings! Behold one of the finest musical instruments in all of Lordaeron. It's a true honor to perform for the Master and all his guests. Take a seat in the audience, I hear a show is starting soon." before the opera event and
"Splendid! Wonderful! Such an excellent performance from a relative unknown! Do you have an agent, perhaps?" after the opera event.
- When talked NPC Ebonlocke is supposed to say: "This party is pointless. Those foolish nobles will never get to see Medivh. Can't they see this? I should have just stayed in Darkshire with my family instead of wasting my time here."
- When talked NPC Bennett is supposed to say "I don't have time for idle chitchat. I have men and women to train, and a tower to watch."

Revision 4007

Extra notes:
- I didn't have any partymates when I tested these.

- I'm not sure if some of these are database issues rather than scripting issues.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users