ArcEmu: ArcManager - A Web Application For Managing Arcemu - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ArcManager - A Web Application For Managing Arcemu

#41 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

On the index page, this shows a message when there is no one on. This is displayed where players are normally shown when there is people on (this helps make it look less 'blank' when it's empty):

On line 292 add these lines:

if( $total_online == 0 )
		$output .= '</table>
			<br />
			<b>Aww shucks! No one\'s on!</b>';

#42 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard
  • Group: Contributor

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

r60 Adds some of the ideas Bob Herman suggested.

Note, if you're already running ArcManager on a *Nix system you will need to add $hosted_on_nix = true; to your config.php file. (it's added to config.dist.php, but you shouldn't need to make a whole new config for such a small change)

Without this setting, many item icons will not show up on *Nix hosted sites. :)

Unfortunately, to deal with *Nix's wild and free capitalization of file names. ( ;) ) On *Nix hosts, we have to run the file name we get the first time back through the list to get the first one on the list which will match the actual file name. Although this second query is really fast, it can end up doing it many times for a character's inventory. While this will only cause slow down for people who can view a character's inventory, (GM's and the char's owner) I'd appreciate any help on speeding this up, thanks.
GAH!!! >_< ...can't...just...stop...working...

#43 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

View Postthis_is_junk, on 09 December 2009 - 08:23 PM, said:

Unfortunately, to deal with *Nix's wild and free capitalization of file names. ( ;) ) On *Nix hosts, we have to run the file name we get the first time back through the list to get the first one on the list which will match the actual file name. Although this second query is really fast, it can end up doing it many times for a character's inventory. While this will only cause slow down for people who can view a character's inventory, (GM's and the char's owner) I'd appreciate any help on speeding this up, thanks.

I'm confused. You have to run the file name for what? :)

For the Server Message on the index page, the end is cut off. I've been trying to find out what is causing it, but so far no luck. If you guys know what's happening, please tell/fix! :)

Also, there's a CSS bug with safari on the register script. When the page is first loaded, the username box goes outside of the fieldset box.

#44 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

Notice!!!

With r74, existing *Nix users will need to run the DBC to MySQL tool again. (Sorry. And yes it does still have to be run from a Windows machine, but the destination database can be on a *Nix host) They will also will need to delete all the .png files in \img\icons\ and extract the contents of 74_icons.zip.

Existing users with Windows hosts don't have to do anything special.

Hopefully this will be my final solution to the *Nix icon problem.

#45 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:10 PM

:)

Screw the icons, I can deal without 'em :)

#46 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

Character Equipement, Inventory, Achievements, and Talents. :) All use icons.

#47 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

Notice!!!

As of r86 ArcManager will support the use of Screen Names! You will all need to make a place for the tables in 86_arcmanager_config.sql to reside. (Either in a new database or in your ArcManager Database) And set the $config_db entries in your config.php to point to the database.

This database will soon replace almost all of the config.php file to allow an Administration Control Panel to be implemented for ArcManager.

#48 User is offline   Noaru 

• Pip
  • Interests:...This...

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

View Postthis_is_junk, on 18 December 2009 - 02:13 AM, said:

Notice!!!

As of r86 ArcManager will support the use of Screen Names! You will all need to make a place for the tables in 86_arcmanager_config.sql to reside. (Either in a new database or in your ArcManager Database) And set the $config_db entries in your config.php to point to the database.

This database will soon replace almost all of the config.php file to allow an Administration Control Panel to be implemented for ArcManager.

You guys totally Rule!!!! I love ArcManager even more now!!! (Is that possible?!)
Posted Image
~Noaru Satoshi Hikari

#49 User is offline   Bob Herman 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Notice!!!

Great! You finally did it :huh:

Btw, do you still need an installer? Or will you just use the ACP?

#50 User is offline   Lost Legend 

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:35 AM

Notice!!!

Hey Junk, I just updated and when I try to login I get the following error.

"ERROR!
Error - Connection to database is not established !"

I put the info in the database in the new fields for the login, character, arcmanager and world. I also noticed you said that we would need to update the $config_db entries in the config.php to point to the database. I didn't see a "$config_db". There are the $characters_db, $world_db etc. Is that what your referring to? Either way I have those setup as well.

Thanks for you help
OS - Windows XP 32bit
Server - Patch 3.3.2 r3174
Database - NCDB 101 Rev. 3031
Scripts - r1181

#51 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

View PostLost Legend, on 18 December 2009 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hey Junk, I just updated and when I try to login I get the following error.

"ERROR!
Error - Connection to database is not established !"

I put the info in the database in the new fields for the login, character, arcmanager and world. I also noticed you said that we would need to update the $config_db entries in the config.php to point to the database. I didn't see a "$config_db". There are the $characters_db, $world_db etc. Is that what your referring to? Either way I have those setup as well.

Thanks for you help

Sorry, there was a typo... the second set of $logon_db values should have been the $config_db ones. (I was tired)
Djhenghiz committed the fix.

#52 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

Notice!!!

r90 Continues what seems to be an eternal battle with the icons. ;)
You'll just need to run the 90_iconnames.sql on your ArcManager Database. And extract the files in 90_icons.zip into your \img\icons\ directory.

And, I just realized I forgot to fix the DBC to MySQL tool. :angry: I'll do it later tonight.

(Here I was thinking I could get away with working on killing the config.php file :P )

#53 User is offline   ArcAiN6 

• Pip

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

MeeP...

ok, i i just checked out r91. followed the info on page1 of this topic, site's a big white blank page... added my info into the database for world, logon, arcmanager, still a no go...

any idea what the problem could be?

(that has to be the vaguest explanation i've ever given for a problem... i must be tired.. )
Waffles, or Cookies.... or Pie..... There are too many choices in life, when in doubt, go with PIE!!

#54 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

Sigh, I thought this would be self explanatory. But, you're not the first one to have trouble with this. :lol:

Right now, the ONLY config_* table that actually DOES anything is config_accounts. (the WebAdmin field is for later as well)

Until I can get a chance to finish killing the config.php file, you still need to use it. :lol:

#55 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

Notice!!!

r92 adds a file called config.dist.TEMP.php. If you use it to make your config.php, it will work, so long as you've configured the entries in your ArcManager Configs database correctly. BUT! I honestly don't recommend this for anyone right now. I have yet to build our ACP so you'll be editing the config entries blind, which is not advisable.

So, please just follow the normal procedure and we'll notify you when it changes.

Thank you all for your continued support!

If you use ArcManager, swing by our ohloh page and show the world. :P

#56 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

first post updated,we moved svn host from XP-dev to Assembla.
ArcManager_CIA bot added to IRC channel and more work on Persian lang on rev-102
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#57 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:33 AM

Notice!!!

r104 adds what will soon be our ACP. (the database section is the only one working atm)
Because the ACP isn't done, I still don't recommend switching config.php files yet.
(you can use the ACP to edit the database entries right now, though)

Spoiler Alert!
To give you a heads-up on how it operates, the config_accounts table in your ArcManager Config Database does double duty. It stores the ArcManager Screen Name for accounts and it also assigns who is allowed to use the ACP. If a user has a 0 in the WebAdmin field they cannot access admin.php. Whereas an account with a value of 1, can. (well, an account with any non-zero value really)
To assign WebAdmin to an account: (if your Web Admin account doesn't already have a Screen Name, you should add one now.) Simply change the 0 in the WebAdmin field of the appropriate account to a 1. (EASY!)
Since a user may log into ArcManager with either their Account Name or their Screen Name, Screen Names are not allowed to match either existing Account Names or existing Screen Names at creation. Although the Screen Name creation system will refuse to allow a user to assign a Screen Name that is the same as their Account Name, the Screen Name can be changed to match after it's created, by editing the table.

#58 User is offline   Lost Legend 

• Pip

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hey Junk, I would like to suggest changing the structure of the site to make it easier to implement layouts. I'm currently working on a theme right now for the current layout and it has been a pain to get it looking right. Mostly it is because the entire site is done in the old <table> style vs the newer <div> style. As you know this limits what one can do with moving objects around for a layout.

I would like to propose some changes after I finish the current layout and I was wondering, what is the best way for me to show these to you? ;)

EDIT: Yea I just started looking at how the Guilds, Arena Teams, Auctions etc are laid out. I can not manipulate the widths of the tables created because it is all hard coded. I will update the entire structure of the site and let you take a look and see what you think.
OS - Windows XP 32bit
Server - Patch 3.3.2 r3174
Database - NCDB 101 Rev. 3031
Scripts - r1181

#59 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

i have non-completed 2 other themes already ,just upload them on anywhere then we will test and see them .
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#60 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

<table> is not outdated. It provides an easy way to organize information that is best expressed as a grid.
<div> is just meant to define a block of content on a page.

<table> is quite usable with CSS, you just need to remember that the data it's representing is intended to be viewed in a grid-like layout.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users