ArcEmu: XMLArsenal: Multi-Emu Armory - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

XMLArsenal: Multi-Emu Armory

#1 User is offline   AmrasTaralom 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi folks,

i'd like to introduce my project "XMLArsenal" a little bit with this post. As you can probably guess from the thread title it is an armory (written in php) for any kind of wow-emulator. Besids having all output in XML + XSLT it is also multi-language-enabled (currently german, english, french und spanish).

XMLArsenal is developed for *** (some of you may know this german emu project) and published under the GPL v3.

I hope you find my project interesing, although we currently have a data grabber for trinity (TC2, 3.1.3) we search for interested developers who want to implement grabbers (what's that? - see links) for Ascent, Hearthstone etc. The arsenal is not feature-complete nor bug-free as of yet but I will continue to develop.

So, what's the advantage for the ArcEmu Community?
By just implementing some data-delivery functions you get a fully working blizzlike arsenal without the need to care about things such as caching, design etc. Additionally if you have different versions of arcemu running (or even 1 arc emu realm, 1 trinity or so) you can just use the same arsenal with a modified data grabber.

Ok, now some links:

Projekt-HP: XMLArsenal | Get XMLArsenal at SourceForge.net
Demo: *** (see wiki)

Dowloads: Browse XMLArsenal Files on SourceForge.net
Wiki with Config-Tutorials: SourceForge.net: xmlarsenal

Support-Thread on trinity forums (may help setting it up): http://www.trinityco...mory-t7001.html

Of course every kind of feedback is welcome.

Grüße (greetings) aus Deutschland,
Amras Taralom, Lead-DEV RG

//PS: of course anyone trying to implement a grabber for ArcEmu would get support by email, irc or whatever :huh:

#2 User is offline   ultiman 

• Pip

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

DAMN! that sounds Great good work :P
can you beet me? http://smuppet.mybrute.com PACHOW!

#3 User is offline   adriann54 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests::-??

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

Good Job !
I like it ! :D

#4 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard
  • Group: Contributor

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

It does look good.

Are you calculating stats like Stamina your self or is that what the 'data-delivery functions' is meant to handle?
Because unlike MaNGOS/Trinity ArcEmu doesn't save such data to the database.

I've posted a patch that will populate a data field in the characters table with all that juicy data. Which makes Armory sites really easy.
GAH!!! >_< ...can't...just...stop...working...

#5 User is offline   AmrasTaralom 

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:08 AM

first of all thanks for the compliments B)

indeed trinity saves this data automatically (at least a part of it). the data grabber (as i call it :) ) calculates the rest (some values are still not calculated). seems that your nice patch does create one (if not exactly the same) similar data field. that makes it MUCH easier to build a grabber for arcemu than i thought. perhaps you want to give it a try and build one? :D

general explaination: since every emu got a different way to store this kind of data it has to be delivered via the grabber. so one could say: everything that differs from emu to emu must be "preprocessed" by the grabber to fit the format that the arsenal requires. you can see the grabber as kind of a "linking layer" between the data in your characters database and the arsenal.

#6 User is offline   Vinillo 

• Pip

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Wow gonna test it out AWESOME

#7 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard
  • Group: Contributor

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

Here's the PHP define list I built for another project for the data ArcEmu stores with my patch.

Each field is 32bits regardless of type. Combine data from fields to produce larger data types. Example: UNIT_FIELD_CHARM is Size 2 thus 64bits

This post has been edited by this_is_junk: 15 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

GAH!!! >_< ...can't...just...stop...working...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users