ArcEmu: New team members, new lua engine, new features! - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New team members, new lua engine, new features! ArcScripts - Scripts for ArcEmu

#1 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Greetings ArcEmu members!
Today is a wonderful day in the history of our project.
As many of you may (or may not) know, last year a scripting project was "started" in our channel #arcemu on our irc.
This was the official* ArcEmu scripting team known as SunPlusPlus "Sun++" for short. A few months went by, and the project leader was no where to be found. He'd flown the coop so to speak, and totally ditched the project.
Super-long-drama-oriented-story short our official team has reunited with us once again to form "ArcScript"! The official scripting team of ArcEmu! ArcScript is all the good parts of Sun++, combind with the fun and usability of this project and it's community! The ArcScript "team" will not be a seperate team, and all members will be official ArcEmu staff! :)

We sincerely hope you enjoy our scripts :)
Sincerely, the ArcEmu team

Scripting links -
Bug Tracker: http://arcemu.info/trac/arcscripts/
Svn: svn://arcemu.info/arcscripts/

NOTE - YOUR TRAC ACCOUNTS ARE THE SAME FOR BOTH ARCEMU TRAC AND ARCSCRIPTS TRAC!

INSTALL GUIDE:

1. Windows: Compile ArcEmu
1. Linux: Compile ArcEmu
2. Compile ArcScripts (make sure you use the same build as ArcEmu, ex. debug, debug-x64 release, release-x64)
(ArcScripts should now be in /trunk/src/scripts/)
(Windows: go to /trunk/src/scripts/win/ and compile with Visual Studio)
(Linux: go to /trunk/src/scripts/ and run linux_installer.sh
4. Apply /arcscripts/trunk/sql/* to your ArcEmu database
You're done!

More information: http://www.arcemu.in...ing_out_scripts

Be sure to make always take backups of your databases!

If I've missed anything, corrections and feedback would be lovely!
All complaints @ Azolex :)

The new website is now live!

Please give feedback, it's always appreciated!

P.S.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DFIGHTER!

#2 User is offline   Dzjhenghiz 

• حشّاشين
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

Nvm... I solved the issues i had :)

1. Guess You forgot some scripts which are still in config ? like l80etc,unstuck,pvptoken,insta80 ? And the bool check

This post has been edited by Dzjhenghiz: 08 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

Need Help With Arcemu ? ^^
Posted Image
Concordia res parvae crescunt In varietate concordia
Spoiler

#3 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

Kinda sucks that they split the repository. GMH hangs out in the politely in same one. (well, branches, but still)

And this changed the compile process. :)

What was the reasoning behind breaking it away instead of keeping it with the core?
GAH!!! >_< ...can't...just...stop...working...

#4 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

Stop complaining, we don't need to explain everything.

#5 User is offline   Hoffa 

• Sup dawg
  • Group: Retired
  • Interests:Trolling

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

Topic cleaned up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

This person is known for trolling, flaming and extreme ignorance. Respond to at own risk.

#6 User is offline   Holow 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

I am just wondering but wouldn't it be easier, on the SVN for ArcEmu core, to rename the scripts folder to scripts_old just so that there are no conflicts? Not a big thing, just a little suggestion :(

#7 User is offline   Dethpod 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

View PostHasbro, on 07 November 2009 - 07:30 PM, said:

INSTALL GUIDE:

1. Windows: Compile ArcEmu
1. Linux: Compile ArcEmu
EDIT:
1.5: DELETE /trunk/src/scripts/.svn - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!
2. Checkout trunk of ArcScripts to ArcEmu's /trunk/src/scripts/
3. Compile ArcScripts (make sure you use the same build as ArcEmu, ex. debug, debug-x64 release, release-x64)
(ArcScripts should now be in /trunk/src/scripts/)
(Windows: go to /trunk/src/scripts/win/ and compile with Visual Studio)
(Linux: go to /trunk/src/scripts/ and run linux_installer.sh
4. Windows: Open the Visual Studio solution and build ArcScripts (as you did ArcEmu)
5. Apply /arcscripts/trunk/sql/ to your ArcEmu database
You're done!

More information: http://www.arcemu.in...ing_out_scripts

Be sure to make always take backups of your databases!

I checked out the latest rev by running:

svn checkout svn://arcemu.info/svn/trunk

And I tried following your new install guide for linux and at step 1 here's what I got when I tried to compile:

autoreconf -f -i -v

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:17: installing `./missing'
configure.ac:17: installing `./install-sh'
src/arcemu-crashreport/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/GossipScripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/ExtraScripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/MiscScripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/InstanceScripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/ServerStatusPlugin/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/SpellHandlers/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/LUAScripting/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/QuestScripts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:265: required file `src/scripts/src/EventScripts/Makefile.in' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Do I need to checkout ArcScripts 1st and run 'linux_installer.sh' before I compile?

-Dethpod

This post has been edited by Dethpod: 08 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

#8 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

Updated first post. You no longer need to have a separate checkout.

#9 User is offline   Dethpod 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

View PostHasbro, on 08 November 2009 - 06:48 PM, said:

Updated first post. You no longer need to have a separate checkout.

Hasbro,

Thanks for merging both checkouts. It makes things easier.

However, now when I compile i get a compile error.

It looks like there's a patch submission in the works to fix this compile error:

http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=19116

******************* Compile Error **************************
../../../../src/arcemu-world/WorldCreator.h: In member function 'Instance* InstanceMgr::GetInstanceByIds(uint32, uint32)':
../../../../src/arcemu-world/WorldCreator.h:204: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp: In member function 'virtual void SkarvaldTheConstructorAI::OnCombatStop(Unit*)':
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:311: error: '((SkarvaldTheConstructorAI*)this)->SkarvaldTheConstructorAI::<anonymous>.MoonScriptCreatureAI::MoveToSpawnOrigin()' has type 'void' and is not a throw-expression
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp: In member function 'virtual void DalronnTheControllerAI::OnCombatStop(Unit*)':
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:391: error: '((DalronnTheControllerAI*)this)->DalronnTheControllerAI::<anonymous>.MoonScriptCreatureAI::MoveToSpawnOrigin()' has type 'void' and is not a throw-expression
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp: In function 'void SpellFunc_KelesethFrostTomb(SpellDesc*, MoonScriptCreatureAI*, Unit*, TargetType)':
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:491: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 8 of 'Creature* MapScriptInterface::SpawnCreature(uint32, float, float, float, float, bool, bool, uint32, uint32, uint32)'
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:491: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 9 of 'Creature* MapScriptInterface::SpawnCreature(uint32, float, float, float, float, bool, bool, uint32, uint32, uint32)'
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp: In function 'void SpellFunc_ShadowAxe(SpellDesc*, MoonScriptCreatureAI*, Unit*, TargetType)':
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:650: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 8 of 'Creature* MapScriptInterface::SpawnCreature(uint32, float, float, float, float, bool, bool, uint32, uint32, uint32)'
Instance_UtgardeKeep.cpp:650: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 9 of 'Creature* MapScriptInterface::SpawnCreature(uint32, float, float, float, float, bool, bool, uint32, uint32, uint32)'
make[5]: *** [Instance_UtgardeKeep.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/WoW-Servers/Source/trunk/src/scripts/src/InstanceScripts'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/WoW-Servers/Source/trunk/src/scripts/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/WoW-Servers/Source/trunk/src/scripts'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/WoW-Servers/Source/trunk/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/WoW-Servers/Source/trunk'
make: *** [all] Error 2

-Dethpod

This post has been edited by Dethpod: 08 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

#10 User is offline   Alia Erenel 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

View PostHasbro, on 07 November 2009 - 07:30 PM, said:

INSTALL GUIDE:
[...]
4. Apply /arcscripts/trunk/sql/* to your ArcEmu database
You're done!

It'd be great if the SQL was actually up to date. Looks like it's the same old... same old. Great news tho.

#11 User is offline   wowquebec 

• Pip

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

Execute arcscripts_full.sql in your ArcEmu World Database.

yeah.....a lot of error when im triyng to execute it....

unknown column "unk4" in "fieldlist"

not really up-to-date this SQL script

#12 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

We're still working out the kinks :D

#13 User is offline   Xinthus 

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

I'm getting a "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory" when compiling

#14 User is offline   san 

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

View PostXinthus, on 09 November 2009 - 02:03 AM, said:

I'm getting a "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory" when compiling

you need to compile and setup windows libraries

#15 User is offline   Azolex 

• Interests:Music, Computers, School and Girls!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

I would update if i actually could that sql, since i hate it....:) i hope some other dev is up for that since alot of last commits to core changed main tables in that sql so i will if no one wants update it in few days, atm bussy with something everyone will love :). Stay updated!
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   marm 

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

View Postsan, on 09 November 2009 - 06:55 AM, said:

you need to compile and setup windows libraries

Please, how I do that?

#17 User is offline   LuisM111 

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

View PostXinthus, on 09 November 2009 - 02:03 AM, said:

I'm getting the same error. I've compiled ArcEmu by building ..\win\arcemuVC90.sln successfully. I tried to compile ..\src\scripts\win\scripts2008.sln but I get the fatal error. I can't find any other .sln files, so I'm wondering if I need to move any files into a particular directory after the main ArcEmu compile.
The first error seems to occur at ..\src\arcemu-world\StdAfx.h I'm sure the command #include <zlib.h> should tell the compiler to look in a particular location for implementation, but it doesn't seem to be finding zlib.h

#18 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:32 AM

if you don't know how to compile ascent-win-libs ,just use "arcemuVC90 - All Projects" .
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   LuisM111 

• Pip

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

View PostLurker, on 10 November 2009 - 05:32 AM, said:

if you don't know how to compile ascent-win-libs ,just use "arcemuVC90 - All Projects" .

"arcemuVC90 - All Projects" had gotten the same error. I'll post the solution to the problem when I find it.

------ Build started: Project: arcInstanceScripts, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
Raid_SunwellPlateau.cpp
c:\Documents and Settings\Luis Martinez\Desktop\Copy of ArcEmu ArcScripts\src\arcemu-world\StdAfx.h(61) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
Raid_Naxxramas.cpp
(the rest is ommitted for brevity)

(Update)
..\extras\arcemu-windows-libraries\README.txt
Thanks for referring me to ascent-win-libs

#20 User is offline   beerden 

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

Since the inclusing of the new ArcScript lua engine with Arcemu, has anyone else tried compiling within a Linux environment?
Up until the inclusion of this scripting project, I had no problems building Arcemu within a Linux environment!

All the files for ArcScript are in MS-DOS format, that is, each line ends with a CRLF, likely because the files were manipulated within a Windows environment before being committed to subversion. Even linux_installer.sh is unusable.

Until this common mistake is fixed, does anyone have a good solution other than me using sed on every file to replace the CRLF with LF every time I do a svn update?

Arcemu is an interesting project, and I've been using the bleeding edge trunk with no major problems so far (except for the obvious lack of reasonably complete world databases out there). Keep up the good work!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users