ArcEmu: Website/Forums migrated to our dedicated server - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Website/Forums migrated to our dedicated server Speedups, a new design and more!

#1 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Greetings!

I'd like to start by saying thank you to those who reported issues with the new site. It's been completely optimized (even those silly little pngs) to be small in size, and quick to load.

What we've done: We migrated from our old host (68.178.254.156) to our server (74.63.196.36).
What this means: Both our forums and site will be much quicker to use and operate.

We managed to also migrate almost everyone's avatars and display pictures! <_<

The new design is here! - I've spent weeks perfecting our new website, please leave feedback and of course, if you encounter any issues do tell!
Notes: The database page isn't completed so I put up a placeholder. And there will be more pages in the future.

Anywho, I guess that's it enjoy!

Sincerely, the staff

EDIT: Oh yes, the best part is emails now work properly. Meaning, you can recover your accounts as well as do other funky things which involve sending you an email.

#2 User is offline   Paul 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

great, but you removed the Hall of Shame page :( or moved it?

#3 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

I removed it so I could upload a new version with your name on it.

EDIT: It's back - http://arcemu.org/hos.php

#4 User is offline   Paul 

• Pip

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

View PostHasbro, on 28 August 2009 - 08:56 PM, said:

I removed it so I could upload a new version with your name on it.

EDIT: It's back - http://arcemu.org/hos.php

lies im not there!

#5 User is offline   Alia Erenel 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hey, I don't want to be an idiot or anything but I'd like you guys to remove this message and limitations :

WARNING!
- You are using Internet Explorer! This browser is NOT supported by our website(It's the WORST browser).
Please UPGRADE* to either Firefox or Google Chrome (Upgrading will allow you see the ENTIRE site and will remove this mssage)

Not only it looks very unprofessional with typos and juvenile capitalized letters, but also, who the hell are you to tell me what browser I should use ? What kind of Internet is that ? Who wants that ? As far as I know, we're not in China. So please, I'd like you guys to remove it.

Please understand my point. I'm sure you guys had good reasons, but it's not a good move nor giving good image of what the community is, wants and does.

Hope you won't get all mad and capitalize me an answer. Or do the opposite to prove how much I'm wrong.
Keep up the good work !

#6 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

View PostAlia Erenel, on 29 August 2009 - 12:06 AM, said:

Hey, I don't want to be an idiot or anything but I'd like you guys to remove this message and limitations :

Not only it looks very unprofessional with typos and juvenile capitalized letters, but also, who the hell are you to tell me what browser I should use ? What kind of Internet is that ? Who wants that ? As far as I know, we're not in China. So please, I'd like you guys to remove it.

Please understand my point. I'm sure you guys had good reasons, but it's not a good move nor giving good image of what the community is, wants and does.

Hope you won't get all mad and capitalize me an answer. Or do the opposite to prove how much I'm wrong.
Keep up the good work !

Says the gay man.

http://arcemu.org/fo...indpost&p=71183

#7 User is offline   Alia Erenel 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

"Hasbro, or how to turn a perfectly valid point into a completly valid point answered by an idiot".
Anyway... moving on, great website.

#8 User is offline   MaryuZ 

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

BULLSHIT....:o
That little post of your proves that you are lower then they are mate...and that means STFU and obey.....after all...IE suck balls.
Anyway...the new site is fantastic....it's like a billion times faster.....no...a trillion times faster.....move very apreciated.
And just a little reminder...IE sucks balls....big hairy balls...:)

#9 User is offline   gallen2212 

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

You know guys...Sometime when Life gives you a Banana, you pill it right?
NO WRONG!
You make LUA Scripts out of it!!!!! and....and stuff!
FFS Dont pill the banana=(

P.S. IT'S A TRAP!

#10 User is offline   eggnrice 

• Pip
  • Interests:Computers

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

Great work thanks :P
ArcEmu user :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic