ArcEmu: Make Arcemu Public + Make 2 Realm In Arcemu - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Make Arcemu Public + Make 2 Realm In Arcemu

#1 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

Well the last tutorial was messy so i decided to make a new one. This tutorial will show you how to make your ArcEmu server public so that other people can play on it.

Step One

The first thing you need to do is make a DNS for your server. This will hide your server's IP address in a sub domain, for example, if my server's IP address was 217.218.66.50, I could make a DNS so that my server could be accessed through ArcEmu.exampledomain.com. You can skip this step if you want but it is not recommended, if you decide to skip it, your server will be located at your IP address.

Go to DynDNS and create an account. Then go here and choose a host name (this will be the address people use to get to your server) and click “Use auto detected IP address” in the IP address section, then click create host.

Step Two

In this step we will forward the ports that ArcEmu uses so that it can be accessed from outside your local network. This step is only necessary if you have a router, if you don’t have one, skip this step.

If you do not know how to forward ports, go to this page and find your router, it will tell you there.

You need to forward these ports:

3727 (this is for voice chat, it is optional)
80 (this is for apache/your website)

On TCP.

Step Three

In this step we will setup our realms configuration which is the final step needed to make our server public.

Now to setup your realms configuration. Go to your ArcEmu folder and open realms.conf with notepad. Scroll down to the bottom, this is the important bit:

<Realm1 Name = "An ArcEmu based Server"
	    Address = "217.218.66.50:8129"
       Icon = "Normal"
        Population = "1.0"
        TimeZone = "1">

Just put your IP in followed by :8129 like above in the address section.

Final Notes

Your server is now public, make sure your server is actually running so people can get on it! Also disable any firewalls you have on otherwise it will not work. For people to access the server they need to change their realmlists to your server address which you made at DynDNS. This is also the address that they need to use in order to get on the server website. If you're connecting locally your realmlist should be 127.0.0.1

Make 2 realms in ArcEmu

1. Make a folder somewhere named realm2 or something. And copy your old emulator in there.
2. Delete your logonserve.exe and your logonserver.conf
3. Make a 2 new SQL databases using navicat or whatever you use. ( I'll be using world2 and character 1 as examples )
4. Name 1 of them world2 ( or whatever you wish ) and the second databse character1 ( or whatever you wish )
5. Execute the SQL's you originally executed on your older DB's.
6. Go to your realm2 emulator then open the world config file.

Then change this:
<WorldDatabase Hostname = "217.218.66.50" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name = "world" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
<CharacterDatabase Hostname = "217.218.66.50" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name ="logon" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
to this:
 <WorldDatabase Hostname = "217.218.66.50" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name = "world2" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
 <CharacterDatabase Hostname = "217.218.66.50" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name = "character1" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
Now boot up your original server normally and then boot up the world.exe in your new emulator folder. And you should be all set now.

So whats happening here is that the second emulator connects to the original logonserver.exe for accounts but connects to the character1 DB for characters. Therefore you can use 1 account and create unique characters on both realms.

REMEMBER :Don't forget to set your remote password same and run just one logonserver.exe
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Hoffa 

• Sup dawg
  • Group: Retired
  • Interests:Trolling

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

Useful topic is useful. Pinned.
Posted ImagePosted Image

This person is known for trolling, flaming and extreme ignorance. Respond to at own risk.

#3 User is offline   Holow 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

Don't you need to also change the realm configuration to change the port of the second realm?

#4 User is offline   this_is_junk 

• Retired Retard
  • Group: Contributor

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

Forwarding 8093 is only necessary if one server app will be hosted externally. (Externally meaning any machine not on your LAN)
GAH!!! >_< ...can't...just...stop...working...

#5 User is offline   Navid 

• Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

View PostHolow, on 19 August 2009 - 10:42 PM, said:

Don't you need to also change the realm configuration to change the port of the second realm?

No,you just need the change World Port from "8129" to "8130"  for example and change the remote password to logon server remote password !

View PostFrom 19 August 2009 - 10:42 PM:

Forwarding 8093 is only necessary if one server app will be hosted externally. (Externally meaning any machine not on your LAN)

I told them for general but yea you're right! 

if you use Localhost you can change External IP to localhost,but if you want connect to External,change them to that IP you want !

<WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name = "world" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
<CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "root" Name ="logon" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Holow 

• Pip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Yeah that is what I meant :angry: The world ports need to be different.

#7 User is offline   Freakzor 

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

I've done this and forwoarded the ports, but still wont work.

#8 User is offline   Navid 

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:06 AM

Must be work fine.Explain more about your problem or post it as picture,

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Alia Erenel 

• Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Many people merge character and logon databases in one db... :unsure: doesn't that changes anything ?

EDIT :
French translation here : http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=18273
Hope Lurker doesn't mind :)

This post has been edited by Alia Erenel: 17 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

#10 User is offline   Sined2324 

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

Guide works great thanks but... I can log in fine and play the server, But my friends when they try to connect get stuck at authenticating?

Any idea? Quick Fix? Thanks
Running a 2.4.3 ArcEmu Rev1568 && WhyDB

#11 User is offline   Mr.AMB 

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

Done it and working very well, now i have friends from around the world joining the server set on my PC smoothly.

1 problem though, i can't connect to the server with the client on same PC as server, what can i do so i can use wotlk client on same PC as server?

I know it's something simple propably, but i just don't get it, and it's annoying, i'm getting like "hey, great server, log in and let me duel you" and i say "QQ, can't login" :)

#12 User is offline   kris4an4o 

• Pip
  • Interests:3D game design ,
    Game industry

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hey , great guide and simple too !
It's all ok except for that when I log in with my admin acc everithing loads and then it stops pretending to choose a realm , and so when i choose it prompts it again - just doesn't let me in !
If A is success in life , then A equals x + y + z , where x is work , y - fun , and z is to keep your mouth shut.

#13 User is offline   Navid 

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

it's logon issue !I think you did something wrong about ports and IP between Logon and World server .

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   kris4an4o 

• Pip
  • Interests:3D game design ,
    Game industry

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:39 AM

I checked everything : IPs ,ports ,permitteed everything from my OS's firewall (ports) , confugred the exclusions for my internet/anti-virus software ; even tried to turn them off ; port forwarded all the required ports ; browsed several times trough the world,realm and logon configuration files.Doesn't work. Any idea what particularly could that be ?
If A is success in life , then A equals x + y + z , where x is work , y - fun , and z is to keep your mouth shut.

#15 User is offline   Navid 

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Thank you "Alia Erenel" for translated .
@kris4an4o,What error did you get ?report it as picture so it can helps more .

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   tatu11 

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

Hi. The realms configuration worked fine for me, thanks for that. But when i try to log it stays in connecting. I have all my ports forwarded and have a no-ip account instead of the one you said to use, i have the ip duc running and i start the server and it stays at connecting, it must be something with the logon server but i check and check and all seems fine, when i change the ip back to local host it works fine everything. Any ideas what im missing? what do you need me to load so you can help me with this?
WoWTaTu Priv. Server

Instant 80 Realm
Blizzlike realm
wowtatu.no-ip.biz

Enjoy!

#17 User is offline   Voltex 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

when i enter the game It says login server Down. All ports that are needed are opened. i changed the ip do dynamic dns (warplanet.servegame.com). And i just wont work any idea =?. Logonserve.exe is runing and i doesnt display any errors

#18 User is offline   cvixy 

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

"IP Address : ________
Your current location's IP address is 93.87.120.46
TTL value is 60 seconds. Edit TTL."
dont have use auto detected ip
please help ><

#19 User is offline   cvixy 

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

View Postcvixy, on 20 February 2010 - 09:08 AM, said:

"IP Address : ________
Your current location's IP address is 93.87.120.46
TTL value is 60 seconds. Edit TTL."
dont have use auto detected ip
please help ><

nvm find out...the question is when my friends log in they stuck in connection then it says login server down...help plz

#20 User is offline   reflexiz 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

No,you just need the change World Port from "8129" to "8130" for example and change the remote password to logon server remote password !

Don't you have to forward port 8130 too? Or at least forward 8129 To 8130?
Proud of ArcEmu!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users