ArcEmu: Aiononline - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Aiononline Screen shots

#1 User is offline   Wil 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Super Moderator
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

So here is a screen shoot of the logon of aion, the new MMORPG by ncsoft.

Its currently in beta and starting the 2nd of july I will take more screen shots to show you :)

Logon Screen:
Posted Image

Some Screen shots of the starting zone:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Nothing

#2 User is offline   Wil 

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Updated 07/02/2009
Nothing

#3 User is offline   Hasbro 

• Project Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

The game's decent I must say. It's more then I expected from a beta ;) I'm so jealous of how good the water looks in your screenshots yet on my side it looks terrible xD

#4 User is offline   Sinister 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

looks basically like they copied WoW interface and world :P

#5 User is offline   Egari 

• ArcEmu Lover
  • Group: Retired

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

View PostSinister, on 07 July 2009 - 06:53 PM, said:

looks basically like they copied WoW interface and world :)

/facedesk
Not really.
All MMO's just tend to look alike as they're all online and all RPGs.
Since it's an RPG stats need to be displayed, plenty of room in the actionbar, health/mana need to be displayed, etc, which causes em to look alike...

I don't know what you meant when you said WoW world, but after taking a glance I'd say the world doesn't even look similar to WoW's.

#6 User is offline   Everlast 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wow, just wow. That game looks amazing. For an MMO, they have come a long way. The graphics are mind-blowing. It is the 2nd game to be a MMO with that level of graphics, the other being Entropia Universe.
And the UI looks more like the Runes of Magic UI.

The feature that I am actually liking the most is the timer. 'You have played for 3 hours. You should take a break'. That would stop a heap of law suits. Like, Im not sure if Blizzard got sued for this but a few people apparently played World of Warcraft for that long that they died. They didn't go to sleep for a few days and died from over exhaustion. Now don't anyone get any ideas from this, its a bad thing.

But that login screen really gives you something to expect. I am really amazed by just the screenshots.
Have a nice day,
Everlast (Clarkinator)

LUA Scripter (Need something made? Send me a message saying what you want it to do.)

#7 User is offline   pingue 

• Pip
  • Interests:web designing.. grilz n titz, wow :3

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

Looks amazing :P go script an emulator for it!! <:)
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Everlast 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

If only it was that easy...
Have a nice day,
Everlast (Clarkinator)

LUA Scripter (Need something made? Send me a message saying what you want it to do.)

#9 User is offline   Cele 

• Pip

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:33 AM

Great game, kinda sad the Closed Betas are only a 3 day period ;), and emu's for aion have already started, since the game has been out for a year in Asia.

#10 User is offline   Lawyer 

• ArcEmu Lover
  • Group: Banned

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Just play on the private server?

http://forums.vitali...read.php?t=1171
Super Moderator On - Squire-DB

Can you beat me? - http://ogchaos.mybrute.com

#11 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

I actually wrote a review on it. Hmm lets see where i put it.

EDIT: Found Review:

Well ladies and gentlemen, the Aion Closed Beta 4 has come to an end and as promised I said I would make a review and tell you what I think about it. I of course love the game however that will not cause me to have a biased opinion as I will state the good and the bad. Lets begin.

Aion is an amazing game that has lovely graphics as well as simplistic UI. Those familiar with WoW will enjoy it.

This Review will be separated into four sections.
1. Pros
2. Cons
3. Screenshots
4. Videos

Pros:

Aion is an excellent escape from WoW, it provides a new dimension of play and is very enjoyable. There is a main quest line that allows you to reveal the truth about your character who was awoken on conscience without a memory of your past.

There are two player factions in Aion, The Asmodians and the Elyos. There is a third NPC faction who are an existing evil that both Asmodians and Elyos fight against even though they themselves are enemies.

Aion offers one big thing that gives it a place on my list. It has ingame flight capability HOWEVER limited when not in the Abyss which is a giant warzone between the three factions. And with Ingame Flight ability also comes Air-to-Air combat which can lead to strategic flanking of the enemy, coordinated assaults of both ground and air soldiers for those who like the large Guild or in Aion, Legion warfare and excellent PvP.

The UI:
The UI is simplistic and much like WoW except a little bit cleaner in my honest opinion. Not much to say about it other then it doesn't get in your way and adds a nice feel to the game world.

The Combat System:
The combat system is unique. It is a system that works with what is known as chains. The chains are as follows, you use one ability it enables you to use another and then that enables you to use another and you are free to couple in other abilities as you choose which can lead to some devastating effects on enemies.

PvE:
PvE in the game is rich and orientated. There is a main quest line that you follow as well as the optional quests that NPCs offer you. It is well planned and thought out and really sticks to the point of what your past life was.

PvP:
Not much info on it as it was not the goal of this weeks closed beta.

Graphics:
Graphics are amazing in my opinion. The world really is well designed and you can see alot of detail went into its creation. The animations are smooth the combat animations are nice and well designed.

Player Control:
Player Control is very good in Aion. You have the options of WSAD keys, Arrow Keys, or you can Click to Move. Flight control is good as well, so is glide control.

Quests:
Quests are very easy to follow and range from the easy to the complicated. There is a mix of puzzles and searching as well as the classic tear em up. Aion also offers a neat feature that I enjoyed. Certain quests actually enter you into a cut scene to show you your destination and what to expect when you are entering an enemy fortress or have to initiate in Aerial Combat.

Ascending:
Ascending is unique to AIon as when one "Ascends" they become a Deva and do things differently. When a human ascends they are given their wings and become a well respected member of the faction they represent. You reach an ascension state when you get level 9. You are sent on a quest that explains the story of your past life and upon completing it your Ascension is completed and you are a full-fledged Deva who has earned his/her wings. At this point in the game you are also presented with a choice on which path you want to follow. As a warrior, which is what I was, I was given the ability to choose to follow in the path of The Templar (A Tank Essentially) or a Gladiator (A DPS Plate Wearer). The Mage is presented to Ascent into the ranks of either the Spirit-master or the Sorcerer.
http://www.youtube.c...=g8E2IFbwO3w#hd

Quick Initiation:
When you first create your character, you are immediately immersed into the action and leveling is not the grueling grind like many game are.

Instance Channel System:
What Aion has that I found interesting was a "Channel" system. You are placed into a channel when you enter the realm. The channel is like a massive instanced version of the world you are in. However the difference is, if you find one channel of your world to be overcrowded and to populated you can switch back and forth at will into different channels of the world. You can even join your friends who might be in channel two of the world and you are in channel one..

No Crafting Limit:
Aion has professions however you are not restricted to a certain number of professions. If you have the mony you can learn every profession that Aion has to offer.

Private Store Ownership:
Aion has a feature that allows you to become your own private merchant. You can actually set up a little spot and advertise your things you are selling and people can actually come to buy stuff from you as they would an actual NPC Vendor.

Music:
Music is amazing. I don't know about you but I like to listen to the music when I am playing a game and Aion's music is very calm and fits the zone you are in. It really makes the gameplay more enjoyable, from the Rock that plays when you enter combat, to the smooth serenity of the forest.

Cons

Well in an effort to keep this short I will skip over to the Cons.

WoW Clone??
Aion is an MMORPG, and like any other MMORPG it competes with the biggest one out there. World of Warcraft. Many will say it is another WoW Clone. This may be the case but however how can you make an MMORPG which stands for a Massive Multplayer Online Role Playing Game without having the basic elements which WoW has. However what makes people say it is a clone of WoW is the fact that WoW is such a big game that it makes it difficult for other games to not "copy" the basic aspects which make all MMORPG's successful.

Legion Names:
Legion names or Guilds can only be one word with i believe 10 characters, however this is subject to change.

Long Cooldowns??
I can't say much on this because I have only played as the warrior. But at the start some of my abilities had some long cooldowns which I didn't like to much because I like to execute my combos rapidly. But like i said. I only played the Warrior/Gladiator so I do not know if other classes have this same situation.

Chat System
Well I am used to WoW's chat so getting used to the new chat system was pretty annoying and I still make some mistakes, but you will get used to it quickly.

Legion Control Panel
I am the Leader of a Legion called Requiem on the realm we play and the control panel needs some work which the development team has addressed already and said that it is going to be more fine tuned.

Screenshots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am the normal sized guy lol. My two beta buddies are in the other pics as well.

Videos
http://www.youtube.c...?v=xWa0NjQD7Mc#
http://www.youtube.c...M&feature=fvst#
http://www.youtube.c...?v=UyI6Byvpo70#
http://www.youtube.c...=i_3lCwJTkSc#hd

~Character Name - Syrus/Gladiator
~Beta Realm - Zekiel
~Legion Leader of Requiem
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Cele 

• Pip

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

First amg, you are on Zekiel to, but I am Elyos, anyways, Gladiators are fun ^_^

#13 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostCele, on 23 July 2009 - 10:44 AM, said:

First amg, you are on Zekiel to, but I am Elyos, anyways, Gladiators are fun :)

they sure as hell are fun lol
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   swifttrav 

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

What are the computer requirements for this game? Is it like WoW, or AOC standards? Because my computer lags a little bit in Age of Conan

#15 User is offline   Cele 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

Yay one more day till the beta starts again :)

#16 User is offline   Shepherd 

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

so close, yet so far away from wow.

#17 User is offline   Cele 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

So much better then wow.

#18 User is offline   Babebudder 

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

UI is very similar of GuildWars and Lineage2, but that's because they were made by the same people right?

#19 User is offline   Navid 

• Persian Prance of ArcEmu
  • IRC:Lurker-
  • Interests:PHP,C++,ArcEmu and exactly our lovely community and specially money xD

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

really nice !is more graphicaly than wow !
I'm here to check,lurk and kill you so behave or you will be lurked

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Kruulis 

• Pip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

I have my own Aion server :P , pity it's still on sandbox though...
ArcEmu 3.3.5a
I'm proud to take a part @ ArcEmu community

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users