ArcEmu: [Applied][Applied]vmap assembler secondary fix - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Applied][Applied]vmap assembler secondary fix [enGB]Makes the vmap data really usable by the server

#21 User is offline   Shauren 

• Helper
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:hmm, wow?

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

View Postsantopazzo, on Jan 30 2009, 03:02 AM, said:

a lot of time :( i dont remember but 12h for sure btw i have a old PentiumD 3ghz

12h? :)
I have pentium 4 3GHz and it took 1 hour! (3GB RAM)

btw, what i can do with maps i got after landwalker? i mean files in maps_out folder
btw2, i get a lot more "could not load header for map at:" than you, will it change anything?

#22 User is offline   santopazzo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

with ordinary map it take no much time, but with this tipe of map it take mooooore time needed
btw i dont use the maps_out, it recompile the vmaps "corrected" (btw i havent the time to controll this maps. :) sorry

#23 User is offline   Muffler 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

after use patch on collision and rebuild vmaps
lots my char on server fall underground

#24 User is offline   Shauren 

• Helper

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:35 AM

i must have done something wrong. what "rebuild vmaps" option, and how to use it?

#25 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers
  • Interests:Helping people who think they're RIL PRO, then come here crying that this or that doesn't work for them.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

View PostKrzysiek, on Jan 31 2009, 12:35 PM, said:

i must have done something wrong. what "rebuild vmaps" option, and how to use it?

Check the folder sizes above, those are working for me, I haven't found any problems (except those I already know of, but no falling through ground - maybe I'll check this in Northrend, I know a nice place where I fell through a "forge" - this is the "you can fall through gameobjects" thing, I'll check that soon, as Hasbro asked me to do so).

You had to use the ArcEmu supplied tools (the ad.exe and the vmap extractor), so you now have "maps" and "buildings" directories. If you have a "vmaps" folder, then delete it's content now. Rebuilding vmaps are just what this says, you re-build it; by first deleting vmaps, then running the assembler again to re-create them. So, compile the patched assembler, place it in the client's directory (just like how it's told in the Wiki pages), and run it. It will create new content in the vmaps folder.

Optionally, you can compile "landwalker" and run on the results, so it fixes up your vmaps a little (but on my server they work fine without the landwalker fixup too).
Being an ArcEmu developer requires you to be committed to some specific case. That's why I refuse to be one.
What you see below my name doesn't mean I'm officially affiliated with ArcEmu; I'm still a freelancer programmer, but looks like I have earned that dev. tag.

#26 User is offline   santopazzo 

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

i think the problem is one only the collision.dll stop work after map with id 580 (map type changed?) or maybe im wrong
btw i tried in locally but its seem like arent there... but collision is 1 and maps buildings and vmaps are in the right place... wtf... itried with vmaps normally assembled (vlak mod) and the one plus the landwalker... lol maybe i have forget something....

#27 User is offline   Shauren 

• Helper

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

View Postvlack, on Jan 31 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

Check the folder sizes above, those are working for me, I haven't found any problems (except those I already know of, but no falling through ground - maybe I'll check this in Northrend, I know a nice place where I fell through a "forge" - this is the "you can fall through gameobjects" thing, I'll check that soon, as Hasbro asked me to do so).

You had to use the ArcEmu supplied tools (the ad.exe and the vmap extractor), so you now have "maps" and "buildings" directories. If you have a "vmaps" folder, then delete it's content now. Rebuilding vmaps are just what this says, you re-build it; by first deleting vmaps, then running the assembler again to re-create them. So, compile the patched assembler, place it in the client's directory (just like how it's told in the Wiki pages), and run it. It will create new content in the vmaps folder.

Optionally, you can compile "landwalker" and run on the results, so it fixes up your vmaps a little (but on my server they work fine without the landwalker fixup too).

i have done it, maybe i said it wrong, what should i do with content of maps_out folder AFTER the use of landwalker?

santopazzo, did you change #define MAX_MAP 600 to 700 in Step2_Vmaps\landwalker\CollideInterface.cpp and edited map list in Step2_Vmaps\landwalker\main.cpp?

#28 User is offline   santopazzo 

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

:| no i forgot to do this... but anyway i dunno way they dont work....

#29 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Helping people who think they're RIL PRO, then come here crying that this or that doesn't work for them.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

To summarize what I found or not found:
-LOS checks from- and to-NPC: they work at every reported problematic position (I can upload a few screen shots if you don't believe me, I checked them around corners), and checked them with ".debug testlos" too. The only case where NPC came through a wall, is when they yell for help, so the nearby NPCs attack the player too. In this case, no LOS check is performed, and nearby NPCs can come through walls to aid their friend. This does not need to be fixed, or if it is, then it would need a proper path finding algorithm (and data for this), so NPCs would come and go without passing walls on a calculated route.

-Falling underground: I found a bad gameobject, where I could fall, but it was a database problem, I fixed it, now I simply can't fall underground.

-IsInDoor checks: they fail, maybe just before the GRP tag in that uint32s I can find it, stay tuned. Now every check says outdoor (.debug testindoor). That's why you won't get Zzz in inns and not removed from mounts.
---------------------------------------------------------

The patch fixes vmaps created from enGB data, hereby I now close further investigations on this matter.

The only patch you can expect on this matter will be an indoor-check fix (it needs to be fixed on the assembler, I'll have to analyze the vmap extractor's output formats, to be sure how to fix this).
Being an ArcEmu developer requires you to be committed to some specific case. That's why I refuse to be one.
What you see below my name doesn't mean I'm officially affiliated with ArcEmu; I'm still a freelancer programmer, but looks like I have earned that dev. tag.

#30 User is offline   Muffler 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

-Falling underground: I found a bad gameobject, where I could fall, but it was a database problem, I fixed it, now I simply can't fall underground.

how fixed ?

#31 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

View PostMuffler, on Feb 1 2009, 06:25 PM, said:

how fixed ?

It was an anvil, at Vengeance Landing (Northrend).
I could fall through it even with collision disabled.
The problem was: it had a big size, and had flags 32767. It tricked the game client, maybe it thought it's a transport (because I found this in the client crash log). After falling through it, the client got into a strange state, when all building walls were passable (actually, I could fly through anything), but after about 10-20 seconds, the client crashed to the desktop.
The problem was with NCDB rev. 46. Here's an SQL line to fix it:
update gameobject_spawns set flags=0 where Entry=192019;

If you want me to check an area, send me the coordinates (use the ".gps" command, and then I can ".worldport" there - I need the map number and the X,Y,Z coordinates).

#32 User is offline   Muffler 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

aha
about bugged flags on GO i know but char fall in forest or hills i mean location not have spawn GO

#33 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

View PostMuffler, on Feb 1 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

aha
about bugged flags on GO i know but char fall in forest or hills i mean location not have spawn GO

Coordinates please... I was roaming the world, but I can't check everything on my own. I was unable to fall so far, so till I don't get coordinates, I think of it as problem is fixed.

Another possibility is, that your client's data differs from mine, so you have different vmaps as a result, even with the fix. Maybe you used a different map extractor, a different vmap extractor, and so on. There could be many reasons why this does not work on your server.

I'm thinking seriously about giving out a test account and accessibility to my server, so people can check how things work on my server, but then I would have to open parts of my normally VPN-protected network to the outside world, and that's not too tempting if you ask me...

So: send coordinates, and then I can see if I can reproduce the problem or not. If you don't have them, I can't help. I'm getting tired of bug reports which only say "it does not work - period".

#34 User is offline   WhiteLight 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

So far I do not fall through the floor, using a human. Except when gnomes wander around Stormwind, they are the only ones that seem to fall through the Stormwind floor. =(

#35 User is offline   deljr 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:12 AM

View Postsantopazzo, on Jan 30 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

a lot of time <_< i dont remember but 12h for sure btw i have a old PentiumD 3ghz

i have a phenom 9950 4x and 8gig ram it took 10 min
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Muffler 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

this dungeon crash server
http://www.wowhead.com/?zone=3477

#37 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

View PostMuffler, on Feb 5 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

this dungeon crash server
http://www.wowhead.com/?zone=3477

Because of vmaps, or because of gameobjects which could crash the server at any place?
Analyze your crash dump please...

#38 User is offline   Muffler 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

if off collision no crash
i can attach dump if u need
sorry i don't know how research

#39 User is offline   fade2gray 

• Group: Supporter

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Situation: A Defias Pillager walks back and forth through the wall of a building (Moonbrook 43.2,67.4). Once the mob is on the far side of the wall to me, I found I could shoot at it through the wall (charge also) and then get aggro'd by the all the mobs on the other side.

Applying this patch fixes that (I now get line-of-site warning), but the Pillager can still walk through the wall.

Thanks to vlak for pointing me to this patch btw.
I don't code - I just butcher that of others.

#40 User is offline   Andy_ 

• Universal Cock Master
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:11 AM

Who the hell writes this shit, loading mapid_y_x, thats rediculous.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users