ArcEmu: [idea] .server Reloadtable Command - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[idea] .server Reloadtable Command

#1 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have a idea that could re-enable this command. If it could be possible that That command will reload the "Entry" of creature_name and creature_proto and for other tables it will be different. For example, i will type

.server reload creature_name 33707

That will just reload the creature, Argent Champion, and it will refresh it ingame and a message will be sent soemthing like:

Entry '33707' has been succesfully reloaded in table 'creature_name'.

and a unsuccessful:

Entry '33707' reload failed under table 'creature_name'.

I don't know how it will be but it seems like a good idea from what i thought of. Hope you guys can figure out what i'm talking about.

#2 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

...and how would this be any less dangerous than reloading the entire table?
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#3 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

View Postdfighter, on 01 August 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

...and how would this be any less dangerous than reloading the entire table?

Well for 1 thing, it will should not load the whole entire table, but only the entry id of the selected table. I do not want to slow you down. I don't want to waste your time reading this thread, i posted it has a idea to see how it will be and it will be easier.

• It will should not load the entire table
  • you put the Entry ID(for creature_name/creature_proto and items tables)
  • It will be simple and easy
  • It should not crash the core as of only reloading that Entry

This is just a idea, please don't waste your time dfighter.

I have no idea how this will be done, but if someone that is smarter than me at C++ than they will/should know how to make the script develop the command to only reload that ENTRY ID that you selected of the table you want it to look in to. This SHOULD be possible.

#4 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostZuel, on 01 August 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Well for 1 thing, it will should not load the whole entire table, but only the entry id of the selected table. I do not want to slow you down. I don't want to waste your time reading this thread, i posted it has a idea to see how it will be and it will be easier.

• It will should not load the entire table
  • you put the Entry ID(for creature_name/creature_proto and items tables)
  • It will be simple and easy
  • It should not crash the core as of only reloading that Entry

This is just a idea, please don't waste your time dfighter.

I have no idea how this will be done, but if someone that is smarter than me at C++ than they will/should know how to make the script develop the command to only reload that ENTRY ID that you selected of the table you want it to look in to. This SHOULD be possible.

You didn't exactly answer my question.
So let me rephrase it, how would reloading only 1 row be safer? :)

#5 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postdfighter, on 01 August 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

You didn't exactly answer my question.
So let me rephrase it, how would reloading only 1 row be safer? :)

umm haha, because it doesn't put a whole force for your core to reload to the entire table. Instead of just the whole thing, it just does that 1 row you have chosen. This could also stop the crashing from this command on the tables that are big ones. Really useful :)

I'm trying to think of new and helpful ideas, and this may be one of them. ArcEmu is my all-time favorite emulator for 3.3.5a :3, no jokes.

#6 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostZuel, on 01 August 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

umm haha, because it doesn't put a whole force for your core to reload to the entire table. Instead of just the whole thing, it just does that 1 row you have chosen. This could also stop the crashing from this command on the tables that are big ones. Really useful :)

Please reassure me that you have no computer science background and you don't work in this field.

#7 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postdfighter, on 01 August 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Please reassure me that you have no computer science background and you don't work in this field.

Just a idea, yes i do. but i don't work in this field. This idea could be possible and it could stop the crashing :/

#8 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostZuel, on 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Just a idea, yes i do. but i don't work in this field. This idea could be possible and it could stop the crashing :/

I don't mean elementary or secondary education computer science, I mean higher education.
Anyhow let me make this clear, what you proposed would have no effect.
The problem is not related to the number of rows reloaded.
If you reload even 1 row with the current codebase you will (possibly) end up crashing.
Arcemu would have to be majorly rewritten in order for anyone to safely enable table reloading.

#9 User is offline   Zuel 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well i tried my best and i thought it would have worked, i don't know a lot in C++ but i'm learning. Sorry for wasteing your time even tho i said please don't waste your time with this thread.

#10 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostZuel, on 01 August 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Well i tried my best and i thought it would have worked, i don't know a lot in C++ but i'm learning. Sorry for wasteing your time even tho i said please don't waste your time with this thread.

You haven't wasted my time :)
Besides this has nothing to do with C++, with the current design, regardless of the language, the problem would be there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users