ArcEmu: Arcemu-world on Debian-4.0-minimal (mae - Core Dumped) - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arcemu-world on Debian-4.0-minimal (mae - Core Dumped) Memory Access Error when starting ./arcemu-world

#1 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:I'm likely to cause mischief
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Howdy, guys!!

This is my first post, so plzz have a little patience ^^

On my xp-box at home the latest revision runs without problems. Since i got a spare linux box i thought i'd try it with linux this time ^^

The vServer i got:
512 MB RAM Guaranteed
768 MB RAM Dynamic
16384 MB HDD

Compiling seemed to be no thing, but when i start the ./arcemu-world on my debian-4.0-minimal vServer i get a: "Speicherzugriffsfehler (core dumped)" (means something like "memory access Error" ?).

Since i don't know how to get infos on how to get by this, any help on how i myself could find out what is wrong would be chooo nice :D

How do i work from up here ? Can i analyze dumps myself ? Could you point me to some wiki or give me a link to read about how to resolve this by myself? Or is there something i've missed ?

Some posts about this error pointed to the vServer not having enough physical RAM ? Could that be an issue? Does the box blow ?

btw. What are good specs to have for running the recent Arcemu core (kind of) smoothly ?

Hope i won't get torn by asking this ^^

greets from Germany :D

Ezri
Posted Image I do not join. I lead.

#2 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers
  • Interests:Helping people who think they're RIL PRO, then come here crying that this or that doesn't work for them.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Yes, you can analyze your own core dumps, like this (if you have gdb installed):

gdb --batch --eval-command="bt ful" arcemu-world core.1234

Where 1234 is usually the pid of the failed program, but you can tell this easily, as this is just the name of a file you have there, so it'll be pretty obvious what to use there.

The stack trace is in a reverse direction, as at the end of the listing you'll find the call tree's first point, and at the beginning of the listing you'll find where it actually died. Usually it's enough to read the first ~10 lines of gdb output to be able to tell where was the problem.
Being an ArcEmu developer requires you to be committed to some specific case. That's why I refuse to be one.
What you see below my name doesn't mean I'm officially affiliated with ArcEmu; I'm still a freelancer programmer, but looks like I have earned that dev. tag.

#3 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thank you !!

gdb tells me this:

Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xb7a39e5d in memset () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#0  0xb7a39e5d in memset () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb7a802da in sched_getaffinity () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0x083c2e7a in TaskList::spawn (this=0x0) at World.cpp:1058
		affmask = <value optimized out>
		threadcount = <value optimized out>
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

So, i'm here now ? :

sched_getaffinity(0, 4, (cpu_set_t*)&affmask);

Hm, cpu is Athlon 5050e (dual core). Man tells me
- the affinity bitmask mask does not contain processors that are physically on the system
or
- the length len is smaller than the size of the affinity mask used by the kernel

I think it should be defined as 1024 ? is it?

Well.. you lost me from here on..^^

I'm so sorry, but i guess i would have to build up so much more background to resolve this by myself, i seems so out of reach for me to understand what you're doing there ^^

Do you got an idea ? i hope i don't waste your time too much...

maybe i should go back to win (ugh!) ;)

#4 User is offline   vlack 

• God of copy-paste
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Developers
  • Interests:Helping people who think they're RIL PRO, then come here crying that this or that doesn't work for them.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

View PostEzri, on Jun 13 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

gdb tells me this:

I know this is really hacky, but try changing this:
long affmask;
to this:
long affmask=0;
//sched_getaffinity(0, 4, (cpu_set_t*)&affmask);
(These are in World.cpp starting from line 1057).
This will limit the thread count to 1, so your server won't run efficiently, but might enable it to run.

Or, you can set EnableMultithreadedLoading to 0 in your arcemu-world.conf, like this (the second line, but in general you should limit all threading operations to 1 thread just to be safe, as this is a much cleaner solution than hacking away in the thread spawning code):
<Startup Preloading = "0"
BackgroundLootLoading = "0"
EnableMultithreadedLoading = "0"
LoadAdditionalTables="">
The effect of this should be the same as removing the sched_getaffinity function call, only thing is that these will set other parts to stick to single threaded operation too.
Being an ArcEmu developer requires you to be committed to some specific case. That's why I refuse to be one.
What you see below my name doesn't mean I'm officially affiliated with ArcEmu; I'm still a freelancer programmer, but looks like I have earned that dev. tag.

#5 User is offline   iEzri 

• < Ace of spades >

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

I should open a new thread for the bug i get now, because you were absolutely right. i tried both of your solutions and they both seem to do work.

Thank you very much!!

greets,

Ezri

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users