Graveposting Ahbot Workshop to return AHBot into life
Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:25 AM
I accidentally AHBot. Compiled good and no crashes anymore. Use this addition with caution, since I cannot guarantee its stability. Fixes made to original authors code are hacky and needed because AHBot -character isn't a proper character, thus there is bypass for that certain fellow. I did not run extensive tests what else I happened to brick while making this (YET). Now it populates automagically AH like it should anyways. Feel free to comment and suggest features etc. but I cannot guarantee that I am the one, who writes those though
Over and out
PS. Credits to original author!
PSS. This was like 3rd time to redo whole first post and also update the patch file
Bah. Let dfighter do his magic since his standards are way over beginning programmer who at least tries to understand. Patchfile kept back.
Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:00 AM
Btw why should AHBotUpdaterThread::load_auctionhouse() require a pointer to a Player?
To be honest, I have no idea. I basically just tried to first get this to compile, then after compiling, to make the world stay online while populating the AH. As stated many times, I'm not the author of the original code, so I got next-to-zero idea, why there is that many pointers anyway...
Also, Jackpotz, seemed that most of that WorldSession was NULL or not defined - but since the script was ment to ran locally and do updates via that, i guess sending that SMSG isn't even required. Thus I added check to skip that and now it populates properly.
Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:33 AM
Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:04 AM
It's quite complicated actually ^^
btw lol at the ahbot, I remember working on this last year, we have plans for this to be part of Arcemu eventually.
For that I will want to rewrite it as a plugin
Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:48 PM
i got free time. wouldn't mind actually working on this.
Is the original arcemu port of ah-bot. If you're interested in developing with us perhaps join us on irc at irc.freenode.net #arcemu =]