ArcEmu: Server Works. Host Can Connect, Clients Cannot. - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Server Works. Host Can Connect, Clients Cannot. All ports are open, firewalls down.

#1 User is offline   Tressler 

• Group: Members
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

First off thanks to anyone taking the time to read this.
I have downloaded ArcEmu and installed all the files to get the server up and running, the server itself is working, and i can connect on the host computer, but not on a second client. The second computer keeps stopping at Authenticating for reasons i have not yet come to understand. I have followed the Wiki page to the letter (as far as I am aware) and have reviewed at least a dozen other posts on this forum with the related context of "Authenticating" and several other similar posts, but so far i have not found anything that has worked.

My Internal IP is 192.168.1.150 External 24.155.106.97

I have already opened all the ports required for the server and more, 8129, 8093, 3724 specifically. This Computer has no anti-Virus, or active Firewalls. The Client PC also has no Firewalls active and is able to connect to other game servers from the Host PC (Warcraft III, Minecraft, CoD 4, Diablo II and others) So It is not a network problem. Here are the Layout of the Config. Files, Exactly as they are.

/***********************************************************************
* ArcEmu Logonserver Configuration File
* Last edited: 11/14/2010
* Configure the logonserver to connect to the accounts mysql database below *
* Database Section
* LogonDatabase.Host - The hostname that the database is located on
* LogonDatabase.Username - The username used for the mysql connection
* LogonDatabase.Password - The password used for the mysql connection
* LogonDatabase.Name - The database name
* LogonDatabase.Port - Port that MySQL listens on. Usually 3306.
*******************************************************************************/

<LogonDatabase Hostname = "localhost"
Username = "root"
Password = "a1b2c3d4e5"
Name = "arc_logon"
Port = "3306">

/* Host Directive
* This is the address that the realmlist will listen on.
* To listen on all addresses, set it to 0.0.0.0
* Default: 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
* Note: ISHost is the interserver communication listener.
*/

<Listen Host = "0.0.0.0"
ISHost = "0.0.0.0"
RealmListPort = "3724"
ServerPort = "8093">

/* Server file logging level
* This directive controls how much output the server will
* write to log files. It cannot be disabled
* 0 = Normal + Error; 1 = Detail; 2 = Debug
* Default: 0
*/

<LogLevel File = "2">

/* Account Refresh Time
* This controls on which time interval accounts gets
* refreshed. (In seconds)
* Default = 600
* 600 seconds = 10 minutes - 1 second = 0.0166666667 minutes 300 seconds = 5 minutes, 150 seconds = 2.5minutes
*/

<Rates AccountRefresh = "600">

/* WorldServer Setup
* RemotePassword
* This directive controls the password used to authenticate with the worldserver.
* It must be the same between the two configs. If it is not, your server will
* not register.
* Default: "change_me_logon"
* AllowedIPs
* This section MUST be completed, otherwise all attempts to link your servers will fail.
* These "Allowed" fields are a space-separated list of CIDR-form IP addresses that are allowed
* to make server connections to your logonserver, and register realms.
* For example, everything in the 127.0.0.* range would be:
* 127.0.0.0/24, as 24 of the bits must match the 127.0.0.0
* To allow a single IP,
* 1.3.3.7/32, would allow only 1.3.3.7 to connect as 32 of the bits must match.
* AllowedModIPs
* In the same form as AllowedIPs, these are the IPs that are allowed to modify the database
* (adding bans, GMs, account permissions, etc)
*/

<LogonServer RemotePassword = "a1b2c3d4e5"
AllowedIPs = "127.0.0.1/24"
AllowedModIPs = "127.0.0.1/24">

/*****************************************************
* ArcEmu Realms Configuration File
* Last edited: 11/14/2010
* Configure ArcEmu's Realms below
* LogonServer Section
* Address:
* The address (no port) of the server.
* Port:
* The port on which the logon server listens. (*** NOT 3724 ***)
* Name:
* Not really relevant, but name the logon.
* RealmCount:
* The number of realms in the next section.
* To add more realms, increase this - and also fill out more realms below depending on the configuration you need to connect to them.
******************************************************/

<LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1"
Port = "8093"
Name = "Default Logon"
RealmCount = "3">

/******************************************************
* Realm Section
* Name:
* The name of the realm.
* Address:
* The address (and port) of that realm.
* Icon:
* The type of realm (PVP, Normal, RPPVP, RP)
* TimeZone:
* The location of the server (1=Development, 2=United States, 3=Oceanic, 4=Latin America,
* 5=Tournament, 6=Korean, 8=English, 9=German, 10=French)
* Population:
* (0 = low, 1 = medium, 2 = high)
* Important information below
* To make your server public and for you to be able to connect to it, please read this entirely.
* We added two more realms to the default, why? Because of how internal networking works - each outside IP to your IP needs a connection to listen on for players/you to be able to log into.
* This issue came up alot and MANY poorly written guides also came up with modifications to the host list in windows and a bunch of other fallacies.
* Using these new "three realm" configs you don't have to follow any guides but this one.
* <Realm1 Name = "My Realm Name"
* Address = "internet-url-or-ip:8129"
* Icon = "PVP"
* Population = "1.0"
* TimeZone = "2">
* <Realm2 Name = "Private"
* Address = "internal-ip-address-for-lan-access:8129"
* Icon = "PVP"
* Population = "1.0"
* TimeZone = "1">
* <Realm3 Name = "Localhost"
* Address = "localhost:8129"
* Icon = "PVP"
* Population = "1.0"
* TimeZone = "1">
* EXPLANATION:
* These three realms are all one realm, all making different listening IPs so others may log into the world.
* Realm1 is the public realm, people outside of your network log into this.
* Realm2 is the IP of the computer hosting the server. It will most commonly be a 192.168.*.* IP. NOT YOUR OUTSIDE/INTERNET IP. This is so other computers in your local arena network can connect to the realm.
* Realm3 is the localhost connection, you will be using this to log into your server if you host and login to the server from the SAME computer.
* Realmlist would then be the IP that is suitable for you to use in your setup, players will use the realm1 URL - while you use either realm2 or realm3 depending on the server setup.
* You can cleanup the unused realms you made while doing this process if you have any, however even if you use a Realm3 type configuration to login, remember local network users on the same LAN as you will use Realm2 to login.
* To obtain your LAN IP address on:
* Windows = windows-key+r > type "cmd" > type "ipconfig" > under "IPV4 Address:"
* Linux = terminal > type "ifconfig" > under eth0's "inetaddr:"
* To obtain your INTERNET IP:
* Go to: http://www.whatsmyip.org/
* Foward ports: 3724 (Realmlist) and 8129 (World)
* If you add more outside(public) realms remember that their world ports need forwarding too.
* Timezone values :
* 0=Korean 16=China
* 1=Development 17=CN1
* 2=United States 18=CN2
* 3=Oceanic 9=CN3
* 4=Latin America 20=CN4
* 5=Tournament 21=CN5
* 6=Korean 22=CN6
* 8=English 23=CN7
* 9=German 24=CN8
* 10=French 25=Tournament
* 11=Spanish 26=Test Server
* 12=Russian 27=Tournament
* 13=Tournament 28=QA Server
* 14=Taiwan 29=CN9
* 15=Tournament 30=TestServer2
******************************************************/

<Realm1 Name = "Akari"
Address = "192.168.1.150"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

<Realm2 Name = "Akari2"
Address = "24.155.106.97:8129"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

<Realm3 Name = "Localhost"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

Any Help would be appreciated. If this problem has been solved please do not be rude, as I have been banging my head for 3 days reading the Wiki and Guides from this site to try and solve the issue to no avail and I Honestly dont know where the problem is. My luck it is an obvious problem that I am overlooking, but regardless of the Cause, im still stuck. Thanks Again.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Client Realm list is also changed to my IP address. I have tried both the External and Internal IP, both with the same result.

#2 User is offline   dfighter 

• Titles are overrated
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • IRC:dfighter
  • Server OS:Linux

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

<Realm1 Name = "Akari"
Address = "192.168.1.150"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

<Realm2 Name = "Akari2"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

<Realm3 Name = "Localhost"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "2">

Surely you can see the difference between the addresses here?
Clearly you are missing something from the first address, that you have on the others.
"The demand for free goods is infinite."

#3 User is offline   Tressler 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

View Postdfighter, on 25 May 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Surely you can see the difference between the addresses here?
Clearly you are missing something from the first address, that you have on the others.

Yes Thank you for the extra set of eyes. I have added the :8129 to the first Realm Ip but still no go. The Client and server are both on 3.3.5A. I Double checked the Client Realm list again. I have tried " Set Realmlist (external IP) , Set Realmlist Internal IP, Set Realmlist : (both ip combinations) I have tried the Set realm list with both Ips with the :8129 attached.

If You have any more suggestions for me to try I would be most great full. Iv stopped working on it for a day before all my thoughts become 0's and 1's.

Edit: I guess there were no more ideas.

Well thanks for trying I guess. Il continue working on it from time to time, but I doubt I will get anywhere with this.

#4 User is offline   Elliott Quick 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

for the sake of people that see this post down the road, and are stuck at the same spot as you.

If its a windows machine, try adding logon and world as exceptions to your firewall instead of disabling it.

And also from logon.conf :

<LogonServer Address = "0.0.0.0"
Port = "8093"
Name = "Default Logon"
RealmCount = "3">

and change the localhost realm (realm3) in realms.conf to localhost (if connecting on that server pc) or delete it and change the above code to "RealmCount = "2"> (no sense in having an extra un-used realm if its the same ip as one above. infact that could cause problems.)

*edit*

change it to 127.0.0.1 not "localhost". But really you should be able to get away with 1 realm working across all options, I'll let you know if I figure a little more out.

This post has been edited by Elliott Quick: 17 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users