ArcEmu: [Release] Client WoW Launcher - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Client WoW Launcher Customizable, Blizzlike, written in C#

#81 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

Thats cause you dont use Visual Studio C++ :)
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#82 User is offline   alleycat 

• Helps so much & is so mature & gay
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

I just converted it to 2008. I like Halestorm's idea of a little pull down box that defines what you want to set the realm to. I will try and design the code, but you the man with this gachl.
I can haz cookie?

#83 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostHalestormXV, on Oct 24 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

Thats cause you dont use Visual Studio C++ :)

Oh... What do ye use?
Posted Image

#84 User is offline   RomanNY 

• Pip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

Thnx, epic success, noob-friendly source :)
ArcEmu ftw
Musara-Network.net

#85 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Could somebody please give me a Tut/Guide to do this please? And I have no idea what to use to make this... Help :( I still have the first version of this, and I need the newer one :P
Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

Still wondering what you use to make this... Somebody please help? :)
Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Interests:PHP and stuff

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

View PostBlackboy0, on Oct 25 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

Just wondering, Gachl, if you could make this easier to edit lol? I'm having to Download C++ 2005 now. Jw if you could make it compatible with 2008?

I tried with 2008 and it wouldn't let me do anything with it. From what I've seen of the Pictures though, it looks pretty awesome :) I'm still using V1.0 or 0.1 or w/e it is :P

And could you make a real ReadMe on what you have to do? I read the ReadMe and my face was: 0.o

Well, first of all, you dont need MSVSC++ sondern C# (sharp not ++, two diffrent languages), second, the project is 2005 and 2008 compatible, third, if you don't understand the readme either my english is very bad or yours (LOL sry...) or you should really NOT use the launcher if you have NO basic knowledge in programming (at least qbasic / visual basic), HTML and CSS is NOT programming, that's scripting and doesn't counts, so you have to know the very basics of object oriented languages, if you don't have these basics I can not give you support because, sorry, nothing personal, it would be wasted time (for me, and I'm very very very busy the last days...).
Thanks for your ample understanding.
Regards, Gachl.

Edit: Oh and by the way ... I worked about one damned hour on that readme and tried my very best, so in my opinion it IS a """""real readme""""".
Sorry for my bad english.
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Swiss quality and neutrality.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#88 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Gachl, the only thing I need to know is what Program I need to do this.
Posted Image

#89 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

View PostGachl, on Nov 3 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

C# (sharp not ++, two diffrent languages)

Microsoft Visual Studio C# it it THAT hard? you could read the first post:

View PostGachl, on Sep 5 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Source (C#)

and then google for something LIKE "C# editor" or something like that, I'm pretty sure you COULD find something.

I go to sleep now, my nerves are overwrought.

*sigh*
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig franz÷sisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu franšais.

#90 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

Gachl, I'm sorry mate. I'm REALLY slow today. You have NO idea what I've been through the past 2 days...
Posted Image

#91 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:40 AM

You should make it so we can add optional buttons and features, realm status, live chat, etc etc.. and perhaps put them in our own little spot? lol.

You should also change where your copyright thing is, put it top left in the little bar thing down the bottem in slightly smaller text, so you can fit new buttons in better.
Posted Image

#92 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:51 AM

View Postfast_elf, on Nov 5 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

You should make it so we can add optional buttons and features, realm status, live chat, etc etc.. and perhaps put them in our own little spot? lol.

You should also change where your copyright thing is, put it top left in the little bar thing down the bottem in slightly smaller text, so you can fit new buttons in better.

To do exactly those things I published the sourcecode so you can simply add buttons, move labels etc (the microsoft visual studio designer is "very powerful" ...)
At the moment I can't do anything because I have lots of other things to do. I'm sure if you use Google you'll be able to put own buttons on the launcher and add realm status etc
Btw... why don't you use the launchers website to add realm status, live chat and all those things?
ATTENTION:

#93 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

Alright, whenever I try to run the .EXE I get this:

"Error" said:

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Posted Image

#94 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

View PostBlackboy0, on Nov 5 2008, 03:17 PM, said:

Alright, whenever I try to run the .EXE I get this:

That means you don't have the permissions to open a url you entered, check them by opening them in you browser.
ATTENTION:

#95 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

Okay, I was just wondering:

You know the ServDir, is that where the Wow.exe is stored, or where the Launcher is going to be?
Posted Image

#96 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

View PostBlackboy0, on Nov 5 2008, 04:12 PM, said:

You know the ServDir

The what? I don't know what ServDir is, where'd you find that?

View PostBlackboy0, on Nov 5 2008, 04:12 PM, said:

is that where the Wow.exe is stored, or where the Launcher is going to be?

The launcher can be everywhere, that does not matter, and the path to the Wow.exe is stored in LocalConfiguration WoWGamePath
See LocalConfiguration.cs for details:
CODE-BOX
/// <summary>
/// Gets the path of the World of Warcraft executable.
/// </summary>
public String WoWGamePath { get { return wowGamePath; } }

ATTENTION:

#97 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

Didn't ye say we have to edit two things in Base.CS:

private static string server = ""; // Admin has to change that value.
private static string baseDir = ""; // Admin has to change that value.

Oh... okay, it was baseDir then xD
Posted Image

#98 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

View PostGachl, on Nov 5 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

To do exactly those things I published the sourcecode so you can simply add buttons, move labels etc (the microsoft visual studio designer is "very powerful" ...)
At the moment I can't do anything because I have lots of other things to do. I'm sure if you use Google you'll be able to put own buttons on the launcher and add realm status etc
Btw... why don't you use the launchers website to add realm status, live chat and all those things?

Because if the site stuffs up for some unkown reason, i would still wanna know if the server is up. So to me it would be better off in the client launcher..
Posted Image

#99 User is offline   nitt 

• Pip
  • Interests:programming, gaming, sex, tits, more tits

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

Cheers dude. Ill Be moding this but ill leave your credits in the code :(

#100 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

View PostBlackboy0, on Nov 6 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

Oh... okay, it was baseDir then xD

Look at the original values:
CODE-BOX
private static string server = "codefreak.net"; // Admin has to change that value.
private static string baseDir = "/daniel/testing/wow/launcher/v2/lexample/"; // Admin has to change that value.

As you can see, server is without any http or stuff the domain (with subdomain if you have one). EG:
"launcher.yourdomain.com"
Simple. And baseDir is the PATH (http) to the folder where the config.xml is in (more informations, see the readme), so if you can see your config at "http://launcher.yourdomain.com/my/path/config.xml", then the values are: server="launcher.yourdomain.com"; baseDir="/my/path/";

View Postnitt, on Nov 6 2008, 08:45 AM, said:

Cheers dude. Ill Be moding this but ill leave your credits in the code :(

Sure.
ATTENTION:

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users