ArcEmu: [Release] Client WoW Launcher - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Client WoW Launcher Customizable, Blizzlike, written in C#

#101 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

private static string server = "blackwow.servegame.org"; // Admin has to change that value.
		private static string baseDir = "/stats/stats.xml"; // Admin has to change that value.

Is that right? Because I don't have a config.XML anywhere 0.o
Posted Image

#102 User is offline   schriek 

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

hi

first off all, very nice launcher!

but!

i get some error when trying to open the realmlist because its in the wrong path

how do i change it? i searched the source but i didnt find it

nvm found it :)

#103 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:21 AM

Just out of interest,

when going to add a new button, etc..

is there a way we can actually see where we're putting it? or would we have to chuck a guess and compile it each time until its in the right spot?
Posted Image

#104 User is offline   schriek 

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

i tried to change the register path, because its not on the originel place but then i get an error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

searched the whole internet and a lot of people have this problem, but how can i fix it???

help would be great:)

#105 User is offline   Blackboy0 

• <Overlord of Heaven>
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Fast_elf, compiling it takes like 3 seconds...
Posted Image

#106 User is offline   fast_elf 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gaming, making signatures, etc etc

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

So? I'm lazy and hate to do the same thing over and over til i get it right. lol
Posted Image

#107 User is offline   Espionage724 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers and Video Games
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Doesn't work for me with VS 2008. I tried converting the 2005 solution and it had unavailable for both projects :o

EDIT: I phail lol. Maybe I should try C# lol.....
Posted Image

#108 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip
  • Interests:PHP and stuff

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:09 AM

View PostBlackboy0, on Nov 7 2008, 01:21 AM, said:

private static string server = "blackwow.servegame.org"; // Admin has to change that value.
		private static string baseDir = "/stats/stats.xml"; // Admin has to change that value.

Is that right? Because I don't have a config.XML anywhere 0.o

no not the stats.xml lol ^^ you have to compile and run the WNLServer first so you can create an config.xml (thats what the tool is for) and then upload that xml. And baseDir must be the path to the folder on your webserver where the config.xml is in (e.g. "/launcher/").

View Postfast_elf, on Nov 11 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

Just out of interest,

when going to add a new button, etc..

is there a way we can actually see where we're putting it? or would we have to chuck a guess and compile it each time until its in the right spot?

If you use visual studio c# (express or full doesnt matter) you can open the Launcher.cs with the form editor and drag-n-drop the buttons on the form (wysiwyg).

View Postschriek, on Nov 11 2008, 03:20 PM, said:

i tried to change the register path, because its not on the originel place but then i get an error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

searched the whole internet and a lot of people have this problem, but how can i fix it???

help would be great:)

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" means that an object is null (not set, what ever), check the register path, I think it's incorrect.
Sorry for my bad english.
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Swiss quality and neutrality.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig französisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu français.

#109 User is offline   schriek 

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

ah yes i fixed the path, thanks

#110 User is offline   Espionage724 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

The launcher says it cannot find my realmlist. It trys to look in D:\ (which is almost right only the realmlist is in D:\Data\enUS)

Yea I installed WoW straight to another partition on my computer lol
Posted Image

#111 User is offline   Sorcerer 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

OK I have released my Launcher it was written in vb.net 2008 you can get it here

http://arcemu.org/forums/index.php?showtop...st=0#entry46536

#112 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

View PostSorcerer, on Dec 30 2008, 10:51 PM, said:

OK I have released my Launcher it was written in vb.net 2008 you can get it here

http://arcemu.org/forums/index.php?showtop...st=0#entry46536

um... dude, sorry that I say that, but you are an asshole. What would you say if I write a post in your launcher thread "Heey the launcher of sorcerer is the biggest shit in teh wurld!! omg use mine! mine is much bett0r omgomg". Sheesh -.-
ATTENTION:
I haven't been playing WoW (retrail or arc) for over a year. So I don't know all the new designs and database structures and tweaks and values and all that, so don't bother me with "OMG I goz err0R on uR sc1ipAZZ!!! liek TABLE arc_user NOT FOUND. OMZG Wat to do??? halp plz!!" because I will not reply to this.
Ich spreche Deutsch als Muttersprache. I speak German as first language. Je parle l'allemand comme langue maternelle.
Ich spreche ein wenig englisch. I speak a little bit English. Je parle un peu d'anglais.
Ich spreche ein wenig französisch. I speak a little bit Frensh. Je parle un peu français.

#113 User is offline   mag 

• Pip

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

hi~~! Gachi
where can i download lich king style lanucher

#114 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

View Postmag, on Dec 31 2008, 03:17 PM, said:

hi~~! Gachi
where can i download lich king style lanucher

Umm... I don't have wotlk, so I don't know how the launcher looks like, but if only the website have changed you can get the layout from http://launcher.worldofwarcraft.com
And it's GachL with L :D
ATTENTION:

#115 User is offline   mag 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

thank you,Gachi

#116 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

View Postmag, on Jan 3 2009, 03:26 AM, said:

thank you,Gachi

v.v that was malicious intent aye?
ATTENTION:

#117 User is offline   Espionage724 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:30 AM

So how can I make the launcher use the new realmlist location? /Data/enUS/ (or whatever locale)
Posted Image

#118 User is offline   Gachl 

• Occasional Poster
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:35 AM

View PostEspionage724, on Jan 21 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

So how can I make the launcher use the new realmlist location? /Data/enUS/ (or whatever locale)

The newest version of the launcher gets the realmlist location from the windows registry, so you don't have to change anything, it will get the right path automatically.
ATTENTION:

#119 User is offline   Espionage724 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

But the registry had no realmlist.wtf location at all from where it was pointing at. It was pointing at the main WoW directory and it thought the realmllist was there. But I managed to fix that.

Only thing I want to do now is to make the buttons included in ur launcher to the new ones on the real launcher (3.0.8 style) but I can't locate these buttons. I guess i'll go try to search some more.

Great launcher btw!

EDIT: Here is the code I used for the parts that wanted the realmlist.wtf file

StreamWriter realmlist = new StreamWriter(lcfg.WoWGamePath + @"Data\enUS\realmlist.wtf");

Posted Image

#120 User is offline   ¬Maancho 

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:57 AM

Very Good!

My father was white, my mother was black, and I landed in the middle. Therefore, you see, I am nothing, everything I am comes from God

Bob Marley - The King of the Reggae

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users