ArcEmu: [Double -H- Release] Merc System - Lua - ArcEmu

Toggle shoutbox Lastest Announcements

dfighter  : (07 December 2014 - 12:06 PM) Arcemu is in hibernation mode, please read http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=26903
dfighter  : (01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM) Arcemu wishes you all a happy new year!
Hasbro  : (12 September 2012 - 10:01 AM) Please excuse our outage from the web! Our web host had a major malfunction!
dfighter  : (01 September 2012 - 04:05 PM) Since the spam bots just don't want to stop, I've enabled admin verification when registering.
dfighter  : (23 January 2012 - 09:56 PM) Please note that from now on you will need to confirm your email on the wiki in order to edit it!
Hasbro  : (31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM) Happy New Years all!
Navid  : (26 December 2011 - 04:09 AM) Merry Christmas !!!!!! Happy holidays all :)
WAmadeus  : (24 December 2011 - 03:54 PM) Merry Christmas to all!
dfighter  : (24 December 2011 - 11:05 AM) The Arcemu team wishes y'all a Merry Christmukkah!
Hasbro  : (05 October 2011 - 12:53 PM) Looking for web designers for upcoming web related project. If you're interested in designing user interfaces contact me
dfighter  : (02 September 2011 - 03:47 PM) So who here wants vehicles in Arcemu? :P http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25440
Hasbro  : (14 August 2011 - 03:25 PM) Join us on irc, grab an irc client and connect to irc.freenode.net join channel #arcemu /server irc.freenode.net:6667 /join #arcemu
jackpoz  : (03 August 2011 - 05:33 AM) to all Lua Engine (old one) users: please check http://arcemu.org/fo...showtopic=25274
Hasbro  : (20 May 2011 - 05:27 PM) Looking for people experienced with CMake configuration and setup! Contact me asap
Hasbro  : (15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM) ArcEmu is recruiting C++ programmers, contact Hasbro if interested.
paroxysm  : (03 May 2011 - 06:26 PM) Updated luabridge gossip example to describe the whole gossip creation process rather than just how to create menu. Gossip tutorial
paroxysm  : (23 April 2011 - 11:35 AM) Lua writers can refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn how to write gossip code correctly.
Hasbro  : (20 April 2011 - 05:22 PM) Thank you for your continuous contribution of bug reports, we are working on them.
Hasbro  : (17 April 2011 - 03:20 AM) Please consider donating to support our bills. Donations can be sent using PayPal to donations@arcemu.org - Thank you for your support.
paroxysm  : (10 April 2011 - 12:43 AM) Refer to the Luabridge Tutorials section in the Wiki to learn the new syntax of luabridge.
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Double -H- Release] Merc System - Lua

#21 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

View PostOgchaos, on 24 December 2009 - 07:32 PM, said:

BUG'S:

- Crashes occur, No crash dumps? (Reported by Ogchaos)
- Bots crash server on combat occaisionally. (Reported by kreegoth)
- When you try to change the mercenary's stance, the mercenary's no longer follow, this also happens to me. (Reported by trulaypirata)

The third problem I will take a look at, it is difficult however as I do not have any means of testing or debugging this script as my own server has completely fried itself. However to fix the stopping while changing stance i imagine it will be something as easy as just re-registering the follow function once a stance change occurs. :(

EDIT: Uploaded a new version that should fix the follow bug. I simply added a refresh to the follow unit command every time a stance change occurs. Changed first post.
**Owner of the Serenade of Sorrow Funserver**
My Most Recent Video: The Book of Kidou
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Retired

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

I just extensively tested those bugs you reported, and on the latest version that I released, I got no crashes, the warrior and priest followed me fine after switching stances, all entered/left combat fine. The problems occur when you use more than one unit of the same entry id. Now for all the geniuses out there who are going to come back and say, "but i thought ur new table system was supposed to let us do that lol" well it does, it's working, the problem seems to be some other corruption, which will be looked into in due time. Thank you for your understanding in this matter, but for now, try with just one warrior mercenary and one priest mercenary. As far as I can test they are working fine in all aspects.
Please don't PM me asking to fix, correct or look-over your scripts. Please post a new thread in the Lua Scripting section so others can learn and help.

#23 User is offline   kreegoth 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hyper if it helps to post this info. It seems to work fine when i tested it with just myself but once i had another player near in my group and tested it in crashed on enter combat.

#24 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:45 AM

I can confirm.

#25 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

I can't. I had a group with nearby players, both even had a mercenary, and they entered combat fine. The only problems I noticed was a crash when a player logged out and you being able to hire someone else's mercenary, while they were hired. I'll try to fix these asap.
Please don't PM me asking to fix, correct or look-over your scripts. Please post a new thread in the Lua Scripting section so others can learn and help.

#26 User is offline   trulaypirata 

• Pip
  • Interests:Warcraft.
  • Server OS:Windows

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Working good for me. No crashes. :)

Another dumb question... its possible store the hired merc in the character db?

#27 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well in theory yes it IS possible but it would take additional functionality which I'm not putting in at this time.

http://doubleh.pastebin.com/f42f53275
This version fixes the two problems I mentioned in my last post, but not 100%. I'd like the Mercs to despawn when their owner logs out, but it seems to be causing crashes, I think it may be to do with in range sets not being updated properly when players log out. Not 100% sure, but for now, Mercenaries will just stay where they are when their owner logs out.

#28 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

View Posthypersniper, on 26 December 2009 - 09:26 PM, said:

Well in theory yes it IS possible but it would take additional functionality which I'm not putting in at this time.

http://doubleh.pastebin.com/f42f53275
This version fixes the two problems I mentioned in my last post, but not 100%. I'd like the Mercs to despawn when their owner logs out, but it seems to be causing crashes, I think it may be to do with in range sets not being updated properly when players log out. Not 100% sure, but for now, Mercenaries will just stay where they are when their owner logs out.

If your using rev 3086 then its the script thats crashing your server, its the core.

#29 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Yeah actually I was on 3086. Well if you're not on 3086 then I guess it's ok to uncomment that line :) Thank you ogchaos.

#30 User is offline   Dzjhenghiz 

• حشّاشين
  • Group: Contributor
  • Interests:M.C.S.E :- Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert
  • Server OS:Other

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:46 AM

Hehe nice idea ... i tried this on the 3087 with scripts 1044 (reverted and modded culling) and i got some errors o.O

scripts\Mercenary.lua:85: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I tried the one from hypersnyper and uncommented the line to despawn them, after i logged out it still kept spamming, i was with my rogue and i attacked something, then they stopped following me, and after i talked to them and changed their stance they followed me again but then the spamming began.

Hope You can find a way to make it working 100%, hehe looks nice to have some guardians along xD

This post has been edited by Dzjhenghiz: 27 December 2009 - 06:48 AM

Need Help With Arcemu ? ^^
Posted Image
Concordia res parvae crescunt In varietate concordia
Spoiler

#31 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Updated first post.

Like I said I don't have a core to test this script or to even test Hyps engine, so all I can do is theorize until i set myself up a core. So what if you use the hasMerc function and check to see if it is true and hook it to a PlayerLogout, so that when a player Logs Out the hasMerc can return true or false and if it returns true force an auto despawn.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:07 AM

View PostHalestormXV, on 27 December 2009 - 10:10 AM, said:

Updated first post.

Like I said I don't have a core to test this script or to even test Hyps engine, so all I can do is theorize until i set myself up a core. So what if you use the hasMerc function and check to see if it is true and hook it to a PlayerLogout, so that when a player Logs Out the hasMerc can return true or false and if it returns true force an auto despawn.

Nice Idea HalestormXV.

#33 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:23 AM

It already handles despawning fine, I just commented the line out because of 3086. @dzj, I don't know about those errors but in my tests I was fine :D

#34 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

Yer script seems to be fairly stable now, no crashes for me.

So all that's left to do is add the officers and allow more then 3 mercenary's.

#35 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

With the latest Arcscripts rev, 1081, the issue with the multiple mercenaries should be resolved! Try making some more now, guys. I haven't forgotten the need for officers, but I'll get to it as soon as I get some spare time :)

#36 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Just make sure you change the number in the configuration section of the script otherwise the script itself will not let you hire more mercenaries :)

Good find Pary and Hyper with the LuaEngine bug.
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thanks guys :P

#38 User is offline   Ogchaos 

• Interested
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

View Posthypersniper, on 09 January 2010 - 09:45 PM, said:

I haven't forgotten the need for officers

How progress coming on this Hypersniper?

#39 User is offline   hypersniper 

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Haven't started. I'll talk to Hale about what officers should do soon.

#40 User is offline   HalestormXV 

• The Ultimatum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

I will probably do the officers once I get my computer back ;) And yeah it is a bump but a bump for an update.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users